Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

its gone very very quiet now . looks like we have had our fill for the next few hours..

but what a day so far..

lets hope tomorrow pans out like today but covers the whole of the uk heheheh..

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Big storm like the last one South of Ventnor appearing just like before rumbles to my SE and flashes. this is a cool night here B)

just had a big clap of thunder.

Posted

About time we got some decent storms across the country... think this year has already topped last summer in decent storms.. anyway give you guys a brief tips on sferrics to what i picked up on the old radio stations across the years of tracking storms before we all could glance at todays live weather radar..

MW- Between 1400-1600 for sferrics in your local area..(so basically you hear the crack on radio and 9/10 you will see lightning at same time)

if you tune down to 600 - 540 any sferrics you hear is about 10-15 miles away

LW- only use this if you want to pick up sferrics miles away.. i used to tune this in the 80s to hear the storms building up over in france then tune later to mw as the started crawling their way inland..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Never witnessed a storm of this magnitude, constant fork lightning unreal and very loud thunder

Posted

Big storm like the last one South of Ventnor appearing just like before rumbles to my SE and flashes. this is a cool night here B)

i know its a bit tough to judge.. but would u say thats on a london bound course or probably gonna shoot up the western side of london... or miss completely??

looks like i might be up late at this rate... and radar watching

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Did you print out an image and then photo it?

Did you know that the Prt Scr button next to F12 will take a screenshot of what you can see on your screen?

You can then open up something like paint and click Edit -> Paste ( CTRL+V )...

Posted

Just hope this behemoth coming up from the English Channel holds strength and I'll be up all night.

Predicted time to hit Solihull... About 1.00am. Still has sferics about it as I type.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

alot of strikes now being detected here in scotland , raining here but nothing yet. Going to be an interesting night :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Shropshire is like the weather hole of the Midlands, everything interesting dodges here or more specificly a line from Telford to Shrewsbury.

No wonder I'm missing out again then...too close to Shropshire!

Posted

alot of strikes now being detected here in scotland , raining here but nothing yet. Going to be an interesting night :drinks:

whats the predicted track of the MCS in the bay of biscay?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Is there any hope for me now or should I give up? My positivity is wearing off. :(

Don't give up yet Johnny lol the night is young, :Dplenty more potential for tomorrow.:good:

Posted

i know its a bit tough to judge.. but would u say thats on a london bound course or probably gonna shoot up the western side of london... or miss completely??

looks like i might be up late at this rate... and radar watching

I think a far better chance for you tomorrow, Nanu and those living in the south east. Diurunal heating will trigger off daytime and evening storms. Possible imports too.

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted

Just checked the NW radar, a heavy band of rain moving into my area, no lightening showing as yet.

Evening Jan, nice too see you back online! :)

I must admit, it does look like it will be "West is best" regarding potential storms, in particular tomorrow, past experiences tell me with winds off the North Sea and the general flow coming from a SE'ly direction, we won't get any storms around here but i'm hoping regarding Saturday night with an active cold front, we just have too see how things develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

whats the predicted track of the MCS in the bay of biscay?

I honestly wouldnt even think about it.

The chances are that it will of died long before reaching here and we will just end up with high altitude mist left over from the storm..

Posted

Did you print out an image and then photo it?

Did you know that the Prt Scr button next to F12 will take a screenshot of what you can see on your screen?

You can then open up something like paint and click Edit -> Paste ( CTRL+V )...

heyyy i never knew that cool

Posted

The chances are that it will of died long before reaching here and we will just end up with high altitude mist left over from the storm..

after the rain goes that is currently in south wales, will it be quiet tonight as I intend to have a good sleep.

Posted

blimey!!! looks like the whole forum gonna be up all night with storm reports..lol

radar starting to explode across northern france now.. all on course for southern england :drinks:

Posted

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I can't believe this cluster of clouds where I am have not electrified yet based on the intensity of the rain and wind in the one that just passed over me, sooner or later something has to give..

Posted

I notice a Shropshire gap is getting ready to appear on the next batch as it gets nearer <_<

What a surprise.

Posted

Don't give up yet Johnny lol the night is young, :Dplenty more potential for tomorrow.:good:

I hope so.

I'm looking at that big blob near Oxford. Will it up here for me please?:rofl:

Posted

I think a far better chance for you tomorrow, Nanu and those living in the south east. Diurunal heating will trigger off daytime and evening storms. Possible imports too.

Phil.

think you better check that radar again mate and look at roun, caen area.. unless we have some block across this region that will kill them off then il understand.