Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Woop Woop, finally some rain here in W Sussex! Anyone else in Sussex area had anything interesting?

By the way, awesome pics thunderman thanks for sharing

just had a big clap of thunder which shook the house, - could feel the vibration

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

I don't think the south-west will get anything else tonight judging by the direction of the storms in the bay of biscay, although the south-east might

Posted

Deffo something instore for London in the next couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'm hoping something does come to Surrey within the next hour or two as I am tired and want to go to bed but won't if something is on its way.

Posted

Good, that cell that generated lightning over Cumbria has moved out of range so maybe I'll see some development soon now that its cold outflow isnt killing everything.

Posted

big cluster of storms developing in english channel now. Looks like kent\london is gonna join in tonight, and not tomorrow as others have stated!!

Looks like another band of rain will hit us soon although whether or not it will be electric (I doubt it) Tomorrow is the main event for us storm wise

Let's hope so, both for tonight and tomorrow!

Even if we don't get thunderstorms, rain would be great... if only for getting rid of that yellow dusty film that seems to be on every car (including my own) for the past month or so!

Posted

Northerly alignment of the jetstream in the next 6 hours. So the upper vectors that are shifting the MCS in the Bay of Biscay NNE will soon start to veer more Northerly by the time the system is passing France into the Channel. From there and into tomorrow wind vectors at jet level are orientated directly South to North with little variation except to the extreme East.

Posted

Had a couple of rumbles earlier and just had a decent rain shower.

Not seen much else, went down to Portsmouth earlier and saw a few flashes of lightning but not much else.

Posted

Northerly alignment of the jetstream in the next 6 hours. So the upper vectors that are shifting the MCS in the Bay of Biscay NNE will soon start to veer more Northerly by the time the system is passing France into the Channel. From there and into tomorrow wind vectors at jet level are orientated directly South to North with little variation except to the extreme East.

IOW lighting is down again.

Posted
Even if we don't get thunderstorms, rain would be great... if only for getting rid of that yellow dusty film that seems to be on every car (including my own) for the past month or so!

Bud dust?

Aye loads of that here too from all the trees, sticky as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I think we overloaded the server on there judging by the message on the map screen

Its usually OK all the big storms in the past didn't overload it, mind you until tonight we hadn't had a proper storm since the year before last, busier Internet since then.

Looks like the storms are fading on both IoW radars now.

No1 radar says nothing hardly. No2 radar says something may be a small storm to my NW and a few strikes over Normandy.

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

Bud dust?

Aye loads of that here too from all the trees, sticky as well.

Not sure what bud dust is... but I was wondering if it was from one of those sand storms in the Sahara Desert..?! The cars in my area are covered in it.

Posted

Its usually OK all the big storms in the past didn't overload it, mind you until tonight we hadn't had a proper storm since the year before last, busier Internet since then.

Looks like the storms are fading on both IoW radars now.

No1 radar says nothing hardly. No2 radar says something may be a small storm to my NW and a few strikes over Normandy.

The problem with IOW this time is their script that runs the lightning detector has been deemed as abusive by UK2, their website provider.

Thus they keep taking it offline and replacing it with a message saying that it's overloading the server on which the site is hosted, thus where the problem lies.

Posted

Off topic but got to say huge thumbs up for the NW Extra Radar. Does seem pretty accurate from what I been seeing here today so far :) Definety will subscribe again in the future.

Posted

Off topic but got to say huge thumbs up for the NW Extra Radar. Does seem pretty accurate from what I been seeing here today so far :) Definety will subscribe again in the future.

for those with NW extra radar

is there anymore strikes near cardiff?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Don't give up if you live on the south coast, just had another storm here in Christchurch the came out of nowhere.

i'll try to upload some video that i have just captured with my phone

quite active to 1 flash every 5 seconds.

Posted

Right, I'm off to bed, unless someone can convince me I'm going to have a storm come from nowhere tonight/this morning.

On to tomorrow/this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Any idea on the prospects for Surrey, or Egham to be precise over the next hour or two? Debating whether to stay up or not?

Posted

for those with NW extra radar

is there anymore strikes near cardiff?

cracking storm over Pontypridd - threw my electrics right out and mains fuse went with one cracking flash - really nasty thunder too - from the radar that looks like it for south wales for tonight