Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

This cloud isn't going is it? Does that mean my risk is pretty much gone?

Whats the temp where you are?

The risk is decreased with the cloud tho :| But not completley gone ;)

good luck :D

I see things are starting to kick off over Northern France and The Channel Islands...

woo :p

Posted

19.6C. There are quite a few breaks in the cloud though, and the temperature is always rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

As i am a newbie im using sat24.com. Isle of wight live storm data and nowcast. Am i using the best sites here or are there any other free sites. I have a paid sub to nowcast but it is hit and miss if it working

Posted

19.6C. There are quite a few breaks in the cloud though, and the temperature is always rising.

Well if there are breaks in the cloud thats good!!! The ole' sun can still heat the ground :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Haven't been on in a few hours, how are things looking? also where is likely to be favoured places? Not sure if all this cloud cover is going to damage our chances?

Posted

As i am a newbie im using sat24.com. Isle of wight live storm data and nowcast. Am i using the best sites here or are there any other free sites. I have a paid sub to nowcast but it is hit and miss if it working

IOW storm data gets it wrong a lot. use the real time lightning detector on www.worthingweather.org, that never gets it wrong ;).

GET NET WEATHER RADAR. £3.97 A MONTH!!!! sat24 is the best for satellite imagery :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

17.5 here in Morley Leeds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

been sunny for a while here now. 19.7c and rising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Cloudy here in Brighton,every now an then the sun pokes its head out but promptly goes in again.So reading a lot of posts am i right in saying that we need the sun to come out to let the temps rise? but surly we dont want the cloud to dissapear ? sorry am new to this lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not a fault, when theres cloud cover it drops to 19c, when the sun is out it climbs quickly to 22c

currrently in cloudy Worthing:

18.6deg dew @ 12.4 & humidity 67%. A sign of things to come?????

:D

However, too much cloud IMO. No storm :(

Did my eyes just see right? I have sun :o

woo :p

the sun has at last broken through here. temp 17.5

17.5 here in Morley Leeds

C'mon chaps, lets have some better convective discussion please? Otherwise this thread is going to become swamped with pointless, repetitive posts!..

cheers :)

Posted

Sat24.com is pretty good, Isle of Wight is pretty crap tbh, I use http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html as it comes from the Met Office. You also really need to get the Netweather radar, its really good and pretty cheap. I dont think I could track storms without it.

Posted

Cloudy here in Brighton,every now an then the sun pokes its head out but promptly goes in again.So reading a lot of posts am i right in saying that we need the sun to come out to let the temps rise? but surly we dont want the cloud to dissapear ? sorry am new to this lol.

I think the temps need to rise if you are after home grown storms. Being on the coast we aint gonna get homegrown stuff, it too cold & cloudy atm. However, there is the possibility of French imports later, so long as the sea doesn't kill them, we might get something :D

Correct me if I'm wrong people.

Posted

Cloud cleared through here about 20 minutes ago. Now got pretty much 80% clear skies (albeit pretty hazy) and full on shadows on the ground. No signs of any convection around yet.

Temp has increased from 19.2c just before the cloud cleared to 20.4c now. So 1.2 degree rise in 20mins pretty good.

Posted

The satellite isnt looking too bad in terms of cloud cover. There are some big gaps in the cover so some insolation should be occuring now. Temperatures are starting to get into the 20s so its looking good in my opinion.

Just wait for this stuff to come up from France.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I think the temps need to rise if you are after home grown storms. Being on the coast we aint gonna get homegrown stuff, it too cold & cloudy atm. However, there is the possibility of French imports later, so long as the sea doesn't kill them, we might get something :D

Correct me if I'm wrong people.

Thank you,good explanation :drinks:

Posted

temp has now shot up to 21.3c here so I think something could kick off soon, around 1700-1900 I would say. Still sunny and breezy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I like your optimism! :-)

Did you get any thunder yesterday? I had a brief thundery shower around 7:30pm and then rain.

Karyo

Yeah, I had a nice T-storm last night.

Posted

temp has now shot up to 21.3c here so I think something could kick off soon, around 1700-1900 I would say. Still sunny and breezy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

UKMO - ppn tonight...

post-11361-0-24630300-1304781521_thumb.g

-

must say saw an amazing pink bolt of ribbon lightning early morning! few deep rumbles, then bit later a downpour.:drinks:

Posted

Manchester Airport going for Thunderstorms in the METAR forecast.

http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EGCC

That's good! Some showers are now breaking out in parts of east Wales and west of Stoke-on-Trent!

I can't see any convection from my balcony though...

Karyo