Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just been looking out of bedroom window and can see the mass of dark clouds but looks like its going to pass by. Thunderstorm did that last night.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

We had gusts of over 40mph in that heavy shower earlier.

Cumbria seem to be getting a battering yet again!

Had a spell of moderate rain for about 5 mins now its nearly stopped lol and havent heard any thunder

Posted

Brief thunder and lightning away to the north about half an hour ago from a cell that waited until it had passed over before delivering anything electrical. Typical.

Posted
Looking at the radar I think its another shower? You're in Darwen north of Bolton I assume?

Correct, I couldn't fit the whole cloud on one image though it missed my area.

post-131-0-12697500-1304879489_thumb.jpg

There is another one to my southwest which looks pretty mean at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Looking bit stormy to my south now

I've been watching that on the radar. Hope it makes it's way up to me lol .Good luck Phelpsy :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Thundering here with heavy rain. :yahoo:

good to here! i should have it in a minute

EDIT: just heard a rumble and is raining very heavily :yahoo:

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted

I've been watching that on the radar. Hope it makes it's way up to me lol .Good luck Phelpsy :D

Got a feeling it might just clip us lol! Good luck to you to Jane :rolleyes:

Posted

all gone quiet on bh9 9bl, but looking at net radar, even wind dropped temp 13c, can see more clouds on horizon. i see we are in line, thx baths finished, now out looking! ben waiting 3 days for some thunder now want more!even 10yrr intersted now1

Posted

Approaching CB west / south-west.

post-131-0-73619500-1304879762_thumb.jpg

Reduced size to fit browser window.

Northward wind is too strong, looks like it may graze my area, no chance will I get a direct hit.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Very black indeed over Burnley -- Skipton way.

Posted

Definately think im going to get something, sky pitch black now as its moving in towards me. Can see rain to in the distance so must be heavy shower.

Posted

Definately think im going to get something, sky pitch black now as its moving in towards me. Can see rain to in the distance so must be heavy shower.

Hope so :) I see an anvil here to my West. Fingers crossed.Knowing my luck it will all head off Eastwards as usual :lol:

Posted

Watching dark clouds approach from the south. Cells seem to always be too far east or too far west, hopefully this one will give me some thunder overhead.

Cant complain though, i've seen more lightning this past 3 days than the past 3 years!

Posted

Hope so :) I see an anvil here to my West. Fingers crossed.Knowing my luck it will all head off Eastwards as usual :lol:

You should be able to see the anvil on the web cam in my sig :good:

Posted

I think theres a small area of convergence going on right above me, a cb is forming and clouds seem to be moving in different directions at the same altitude either side of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just got back from Manchester, and got caught in one heck of a downpour between J18 & J19 of the M6 around 6pm...One huge CG strike in the field adjacent to the motorway aound 3 miles south of Knutsford services, and to the north west of that particular cell, there was another active cell (looked like it was in the Warrington/Runcorn area) with the most well defined rain/hail core that I've ever seen whilst out and about...very nice indeed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

WOW, so hapopy. Sunshine pretty much where I am with the exception of a little shower that barely wet the ground, but enough for a rainbow. However, justr been up to 'Black rock' in Disley - elevation of around 1,100 ft and been watching the events of Manchester about 16 miles away. Took my tripod and Canon 5d with telephoto lens so will filter though the pics now and upload them to the photography section later. Saw one strike of fork lightening around the Manchester or Oldham vicinity, I think. I can't believe how dark it went but I did get images of the clouds that did what it did over Manchester this evening. Fantastic!

Posted

Going dark here, thought I heard thunder but it was a jet lol. No rain as yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just got back from Manchester, and got caught in one heck of a downpour between J18 & J19 of the M6 around 6pm...One huge CG strike in the field adjacent to the motorway aound 3 miles south of Knutsford services, and to the north west of that particular cell, there was another active cell (looked like it was in the Warrington/Runcorn area) with the most well defined rain/hail core that I've ever seen whilst out and about...very nice indeed!

Must have been the anvil I saw to my NW, missed everything here today, decent summer day 20.4C max but windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
Posted · Hidden by Sprites, May 8, 2011 - error
Hidden by Sprites, May 8, 2011 - error

shoulda put by the daily mail!

this Meto warning is vald for East Anglia throughout next week at least :angry::80: