Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted

Bristol International Airport are observing cumulonimbus clouds so maybe just maybe we might get something,Hopeing that it changes to thunder in the vicinity then i'll definitely stay up in hope of seeing something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Right on my way. 40 miles ish I hope something is still there when I get there lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Right on my way. 40 miles ish I hope something is still there when I get there lol.

Good decision to leave now and not later, lightning is just south of beachy head and I can't be long before I hear something, you should make it in time if anything thundery occursgood.gif

Posted

Good decision to leave now and not later, lightning is just south of beachy head and I can't be long before I hear something, you should make it in time if anything thundery occursgood.gif

I'm not surprised you haven't heard any, I keep hearing long distant rumbles here cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Some of you are lucky, all we keep getting is north sea cloud and it isn't warm outside at all :wallbash: :wallbash: . Can't even make out any lightning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Some of you are lucky, all we keep getting is north sea cloud and it isn't warm outside at all :wallbash: :wallbash: . Can't even make out any lightning

You got that C@@p too then

Posted

Not seen any lightning for over 5 minutes now, I hope it hasn't run out of energy... nonono.gif

EDIT: Probably a good explaination for this is on the radar, a line of light precip has developed ahead and I can can confirm cloudly conditions here. Will see the next radar update to confirm this acute.gif

Edited by SnowMania

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not seen any lightning for over 5 minutes now, I hope it hasn't run out of energy... nonono.gif

EDIT: Probably a good explaination for this is on the radar, a line of light precip has developed ahead and I can can confirm cloudly conditions here. Will see the next radar update to confirm this acute.gif

Sounds like wishful thinking as it looks like anaprop im afraid. Im sure its not died out yet anyway. :)

Guest Quantumsnow

Not seeing as much now here either, seems to have died down a little out to sea.. gah

Posted

Sounds like wishful thinking as it looks like anaprop im afraid. Im sure its not died out yet anyway. :)

Yeah, very wishful thinking! I do apologise! Looks like I need some more drink drinks.gif

Not seeing as much now here either, seems to have died down a little out to sea.. gah

Yeah same here, it could be due to the cloud that has formed infront of the main cell, so we can't see any further strikes dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Radar still looks like going from east to west rather than veering north at the moment so I'm off for some shut eye. Think this is a case of close but not close enough lol.

Posted

Radar still looks like going from east to west rather than veering north at the moment so I'm off for some shut eye. Think this is a case of close but not close enough lol.

Same here, I think we may see some further development over night, as they are still intensifying!

But sadly I have work in the morning, so the bed calls!

Good Luck Guys where ever you are! yahoo.gif

SnowMania.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

The strikes cannot seem to move west of beachy head, quite frustrating, not leaving until I'm sure nothing will happen here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Lightning has died down in the past 10/15 minutes, which makes me believe that by the time it gets here it will be ust convective rain with the odd flash every now and then :(

Guest Quantumsnow

Seems like that slight northerly influence has dropped away for now, hard to tell as it doesn't look to be moving anywhere fast. Blind is staying open just in case, you never know!

Posted

Think i'll head off as nothing may happen, enjoy any storms people out there if you get one and I hope to be woken up by something tomorrow.pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

i think im too far north to get anything! that includes any rain! the storms/showers are heading west so don't get your hopes up unless something comes out of belgium/netherlands this happened a month or so ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i think im too far north to get anything! that includes any rain! the storms/showers are heading west so don't get your hopes up unless something comes out of belgium/netherlands this happened a month or so ago.

seen that blob out east? im tracking this, and in the meantime we have a convective cloud cover developing here right now! there is alot going on tonight so we need to keep track of this, certainly not over yet, this is all night i think, but don't stay up anyone on what im saying! anyway my mw de-tune is crackling alot, so i keep track by volume, all in all an exciting evening tracking these storms and reading this thread! if those storms turn up here then :yahoo::drunk:

edit...there could be some more (as did as out west earlier) inland developments i think...the atmosphere is just right!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

NL.jpg:drunk:

Hi ElectricSnowStorm,What are your thoughts on anything happening in the bristol area in the next few hours or later today?

i was just about to check some data, il be back in a bit, and il check your area..edit..that patch of colours is storms out east, and tracking straight towards south england/channel!!

UK.jpg

heres another one

http://www.wetteronline.de/blitze/Deutschland.htm

good strike detector this one

Posted

half a sleep here! it does look like some activity through the night across southern england, there is a lot of action in the channel, through the morning and afternoon some parts are to see torrential downpours at least, not to sure about storms at this stage being half asleep don't want to lead you down the path of hope! but i would not rule out thunderstorms across southern england between now and through sunday, especially the sea areas 0:

GFS not the update in yet this is 18z

ukprec.pngsunday afternoon..with NAE showing activity up to 12pm,11060512_2_0418.gif

and also activity through most of day, it looks like its across central west/central south i think

11060515_2_0418.gif

could get very interesting down east side/se sunday night..

look at this NAE chart below,

11060603_2_0418.gif

FLOODING RISK IN AREAS OF DOWNPOURS ON SUNDAY- BE ALERT TO NORTHERN IRELAND A LARGE AMOUNT OF RAINFALL DUE HERE ON SUNDAY-ALSO MET OFFICE WARNING OUT-

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

NAE for sunday afternoon below

11060512_0418.gif11060518_0418.gif

Posted

I am a fool, i had quite a nice show out in the channel from selhurst park and my last post was that i was going to move west to Portsdown hill but at 3 am ish I moved east to Brighton what a fool i am! I should have stayed put or went to Portsdown at least i could have had a burger then!NMM was spot on though, i should have watched that instead of letting myself being swayed by what was being said on the forum.

Off to bed now for a couple of hours!

Edited by Adi F

Posted

I am a fool, i had quite a nice show out in the channel from selhurst park and my last post was that i was going to move west to Portsdown hill but at 3 am ish I moved east to Brighton what a fool i am! I should have stayed put or went to Portsdown at least i could have had a burger then!NMM was spot on though, i should have watched that instead of letting myself being swayed by what was being said on the forum.

Off to bed now for a couple of hours!

you are not a fool, thats what storm chasing is about-chasing storms!, another reason why i don't say particular areas only regions as i am not experienced to do that and would not want to lead someone on the wrong route!! NAE 00z brings some large amounts of rain to the SE tonight, with storms over the channel then its another round of storm watching eve/tonight as we never know what could turn up! and for today a risk of downpours at least across the south mostly central,and N-Ireland.

not sure if updates will upgrade the storm risk, but i would wait until later till getting excited all!! time for a sleep..:drinks:

Posted

Woken by thunder 20mins ago, sporadic large raindrops but sky overcast so unable to make out the cloud responsible

although the radar review from overnight was interesting. There must be a trough sat over the Salisbury Plain

region as developments have happened through the night, quite pulse type cells I think with rapid cell development

around 06.00-06.30! Zoom to any BA or SN postcode on the NW radar to see what I mean.