Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

well on the radar you can see the showers moving towards the sw uk and central....looks like se will miss out again... :(

Be patient, theres still later tonight for some thundery rain, looks more like it could be a clipper tomorrow morning so may only give heavy showers, hopefully some thunder in the showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

could those strikes in germany drift towards the uk?

Nah. Like I said, I will eat my hat if we get a storm this weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Give it a chance eh! Sometimes people are to quick to write it off.:rolleyes:

Have fun whoever gets one. :)

Posted

Storm risk? Zilch I would say.

Possibly low, but I might be up on Beachy Head tomorrow afternoon to watch the neighbours having fun!

Posted

Nah. Like I said, I will eat my hat if we get a storm this weekend.

SE quadrant chances increase from 6am tomorrow morning according to estofex.

Not a great chance, but, hopefully, some much needed rain even if we don't get the firework show. Doesn't look very likely, as you say, but the outside chance is there. Not likely to be caused by the normal parameters - such as CAPE, or LI, either, but much more likely to be caused by a weak front interacting with upper winds in a very moist atmosphere. Storms will need to be home grown, too: virtually zero chance of French imports.

Edited by Sparticle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A couple of showers have formed just north of Salisbury. A shame the thundery risk is rather low tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

heating up in northern france crazy line of storms!

Posted

just got back in from the garden..

its gone very still and humid down here..

i see a few cells on radar but i dont think it will spark off.

but if it does im ready :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

There is a severe storm alert for Morley Leeds.... My daughter has left her Psp games console on the bus and i am fuming so please cover your ears if you are in the area.......

Edited by paul m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It really feels like weve been cheated to see torrential cells/showers fire up in the South with no thundery element and the same for the rest of the UK tonight. Not ruled out completely but only a low risk tonight.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

It really feels like weve been cheated to see torrential cells/showers fire up in the South with no thundery element and the same for the rest of the UK tonight. Not ruled out completely but very only a low risk tonight.

I know what you mean, it reached nearly 28 degrees today and it's so hot with all the windows open even now. Seems a shame that we'll get cooler rainy weather tomorrow but with only a very low risk of any accompanying thunder for the 'breakdown'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looks like the south east is getting some strikes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

Is certainly very active over the near continent... The MetO (and BBC forecasts) have been plugging thunderstorms for the south all day, wondering if it'll happen. If so, I wonder what the forcing mechanism will be? Perhaps someone could shed some light as I'm certainly no expert - I note there's a shortwave trough of the SE of Kent on the MetO fax charts for 00Z Sunday...

Posted

Looking promising for a Kent clipper in the next 2 hours or so, but that said, I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe look over the Channel for some night-time sferics.

Good luck.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Bloody Bob Crow at it again.

Ha Ha :yahoo: and the french instead of blockading the ports are stealing our Thunder. :whistling:

The radar looks good but the precipitation of particular interest (the french stuff) is moving from west to east and not yet making inroads northwards.:wallbash:

post-7183-0-52780100-1307223885_thumb.gi

Here's hoping something peps up overnight and into tomorrow which would fall in line with what the MetOffice were expecting as I hinted at earlier today on this thread.

Stormy Regards

gotolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

thunder and lightning devizes wiltshire wooop

Now this has surprised me! :D

Shame its not coming this way!

Posted

Satellite looks inocuous over your way, David but radar suggests otherwise. I may be wrong in my thinking that the METO have misjudged this forecast for the south and east of England tonight.

I was looking at cloud structure right above me earlier on today and it was pretty much stationary but had the foretelling of a HP boundary/LP cloud, Altocumulus Castellanus. Perfect recipe for a thundery breakdown.

Phil.