Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted

Well I had a good long look out into the Channel and could see quite frequent lightning strikes both elevated and cloud to cloud, coming from the potent cell to my south. I think our chance is more likely to be from the cells now west of Lille - if the tracking stays the same. Wind was a very strong easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

with all of this lightning i am seeing how come none of them are showing on any of the main lightning networks..

:)

Sounds like very frequent lightning with good intensity and energy. At this time of night thats excellent. :)

Posted

Very windy here still in SE Kent, just been outside for a look over towards the Channel and it's all starry with the odd cloud blowing over. Liking the look of the radar though!

Posted

with all of this lightning i am seeing how come none of them are showing on any of the main lightning networks..

:)

very good point... but hey... im not complaning? there was me thinking about joining the no storm club aswell

might take a walk up one tree hill, and take a vid on my phone, but dont want to get wet, few more drinks tho and im game

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

There is a lot of lightning out in the channel to my east, ESE, and SE some of it on my track atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Just been out the back garden and keep seeing distant flashes (thought it was next door's TV at first but it wasn't! :whistling: ). So I suppose it's the distant lightning from that stuff in the channel!!

There is a lot of lightning out in the channel to my east, ESE, and SE some of it on my track atm

Hey!! We posted at around the same time! Glad you can see it which explains why I can too :drinks:

Posted

very good point... but hey... im not complaning? there was me thinking about joining the no storm club aswell

ahhh i revoked my membership to the no storms club over 8 weeks ago :)

and in many ways its nice that mother nature can throw a spanner in the works and gives at leased a few us a small light show :)

hummmmmm sunrise festival is on.. and its on top of a hill in bruton ...maybe unwise later :))

Posted

Tonight, Tara. Given the unpredictability of the atmosphere. Unexpected storm in Wiltshire (Not too far from you, Jane Louise! :D ) but does look good on the radar. I think anything goes tonight.

Even cells developing over the Channel. Have seen before or possibly anaprop?

Good luck all. Have a safe night. May your God. (Thor in this case!) go with you.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Core of rain could be heading just south of me but the possibility of nearby thunder of it is what keeps me interestednonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

It could be just a blip but my nowcast is saying there is a thunderstorm 60 miles to the south east of Leeds can anyone confirm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It could be just a blip but my nowcast is saying there is a thunderstorm 60 miles to the south east of Leeds can anyone confirm?

Blip im sure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great reports coming from Wiltshire! Sounds like a corker though I think it is moving too far NWwards to affect this area unless the backbuilding stuff can expand enough to clip this location.

It is certainly very breezy out there now and I can see complete cloud cover lit up by the city lights.

Posted

Is there ANY possible chance we may get some action tonight in East Anglia? Cloudy skies look eerie and the wind has died right down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Can Report elevated lightning around E/ SE direction!

Hi, yep I'm seeing that too in the garden with the occasional flash seeming closer than others. Wind has died down as well here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Just saw an anvil crawler about 5 minutes ago, looked impressive there is alot of it going off getting closer as well

Posted

would it be tempting fate to start a new thread... lights flickering, next doors dog havin a howlywoof, mine haven't dashed up the stairs yet, though.

Posted

Great reports coming from Wiltshire! Sounds like a corker though I think it is moving too far NWwards to affect this area unless the backbuilding stuff can expand enough to clip this location.

It is certainly very breezy out there now and I can see complete cloud cover lit up by the city lights.

Has hardly moved since 10:30pm.

You lucky bas... people down there in Wiltshire. ;-)

@ Lewisosd : Potential is there. But don't take as gospel.

@ BrightinBrighton : Looking likely if upper winds prevail and push further north west and then might just skirt your area.

@ Quantomsnow : Last time I saw a situation like this, a MCS developed over the Midlands at around 2.am and that was back in 1992. Anything is possible with colliding air masses.

Phil.

Posted

My fingers and toes are x'd for tongiht. Window and blinds half open and camera is all set up and ready to go just in case. Lucky ******** down south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

distant lightning here and windy!

Posted

would it be tempting fate to start a new thread... lights flickering, next doors dog havin a howlywoof, mine haven't dashed up the stairs yet, though.

Not at all, Tara. A good tip would be to turn on your radio and select an empty AM station. Then if any loud crackling can be heard, you know that lightning is not too far away. be it CG (Cloud Ground) or CC

(Cloud Cloud. Also known as sheet lightning).

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Could bristol be in line for anything?Is it worth staying up?

I second that question. Having not been to bed for the last 48 hours, I am quite tempted to sleep with the windows open just in case.