Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

really wish i had a camere some amazin falk lightning, happpy :D

nice one! i cant see or hear anything just yet, fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

please come to sussex...BLOODY PLEASEEEE!!!!!!

Posted

nice one! i cant see or hear anything just yet, fingers crossed!

look towards westbury and go a little east of it ...

and more lightning :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

look towards westbury and go a little east of it ...

and more lightning :)

right, im going out to investigate, i've got a clear view of the white horse :ph34r:

just seen one then, havent heard thunder yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

please come to sussex...BLOODY PLEASEEEE!!!!!!

Might well do, watch those French imports! some lightning trying to get across the channel heading for the Sussex coastyahoo.gif

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/belgium.html

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It's been pretty cloudy all day here in east kent, with a chilly north east wind this has been a really poor year so far... I can see why the storms don't want to come this way :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NAE 18z significantly downgrades precipitation for Tonight and tomorrow hence it looks mostly dry now with some showers here and there.

Posted

Salisbury Plain has generated a beauty tonight! If you zoom to any BA or SN postcode on the NW radar and

play it from 21.00 then the development is brilliant.

Can see sheet lightning from Warminster towards the NE with quiet thunder and more small cells seem to be

building to the Southern tip of the larger cell, wonder if this could become an MCS?

We always look so far ahead on the chsrts yet this has sprung up with what, 24 hours notice?

Posted

tell you what this is the best storm iv seen for like 10 years.. falk lightning like every 3 mins.. if u wana see my area on netweather radar sn10 3eh

Posted

Salisbury Plain has generated a beauty tonight! If you zoom to any BA or SN postcode on the NW radar and

play it from 21.00 then the development is brilliant.

Can see sheet lightning from Warminster towards the NE with quiet thunder and more small cells seem to be

building to the Southern tip of the larger cell, wonder if this could become an MCS?

Weird thing is that if I stick my head out the window, I can see broken cloud with stars peeping through the gaps, but feel light rain in the wind...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Weird thing is that if I stick my head out the window, I can see broken cloud with stars peeping through the gaps, but feel light rain in the wind...

That's what I love about the weather, it can be so random at times! It's soooooooo humid here even with all windows open, even the cats are sprawled outside on the grass trying to get cool when they're usually in at this time. Stuff in France/channel seems to be intensifying or is it me? Thing is, will it reach our shores as it seems to be going east to west? Need to go to bed and stop watching the damned radar!!

Edited by slb97

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Its quite suddenly gone so still outside. Been windy all day and its literally just died down in the past 10 minutes? The rain radar seems to show our area is in the path of the rainfall currently moving from wiltshire, not sure if it'll die out before it reaches here though.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

At Preston park station in Brighton. Can see orange lightning to my southeast. Elevated and very far away. Very windy here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

There was always a chance of tonight's events occuring somwhere down south according to the MO update issued this morning. Evidently it is unusual for the MO to update on a Saturday so their many weather models and extra available data picked up on something.

I need sleep but may well keep the curtains pulled back and probably have the windows open as it is steamy for sure.

One last grab for luck though! Please remember the flow appears to be going unusually from east to west, however I personally expect some overnight development to also occur, however, clearly a lottery as to who gets lucky!

post-7183-0-48875600-1307228004_thumb.gi

Good Luck guys n gals, this could run and run yet!

Thundery Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Guest Quantumsnow

Hmm that stuff in the Channel does seem to be making very slow inroads northwards. Perhaps someone will get a suprise late night storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whilst i dont expect Thundery activity here, the associated rain stands a chance of getting here as long as it doesnt die out. The precip on the radar around here is moving North. The storms to the South of here gradually seem to be moving more North West and the further North they go, the more Northerly direction it seems to go. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Hmm that stuff in the Channel does seem to be making very slow inroads northwards. Perhaps someone will get a suprise late night storm?

pref. us!

Posted

gone very gusty but humid here in sunbury, middx - is it worth sleeping with one eye open.....