Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Trip down memory lane, highlights of the 2007, 2008 and 2009 tours (warning: contains strong language):

Posted

One of my all time favourites

Tom

Lightning with stock market and model airplane advice, whats in the next episode baking! lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hello everyone!

Just discovered this forum. I will be joining team 3 this year and very much looking forward to it, and to meeting my fellow chasers. This will be my first US storm chase but have had plenty of drives around Kent hunting our ‘lite’ versions of thunderstorms! Only 76 days for tour 3 – can’t wait!!! Nice to meet you all : )

Posted

Another hefty purchase before chasing begins. Gonna get me a sigma 10-20mm for them lovely landscape shots!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hello everyone!

Just discovered this forum. I will be joining team 3 this year and very much looking forward to it, and to meeting my fellow chasers. This will be my first US storm chase but have had plenty of drives around Kent hunting our ‘lite’ versions of thunderstorms! Only 76 days for tour 3 – can’t wait!!! Nice to meet you all : )

I will be working on tour 3 so will look forward to meeting you.

Tom

Posted

Hi All

all this talk of modelling on tour 4

what ever happend to the Canadian film crew that was to be following one of the tours is that still happening?

Watch this space Paul

You must be Psychic

I received some correspondance with Betsy from the Canadian Tv Channel yesterday afternoon, they are still very much interested in us as a team, so will have more news over the next few weeks.

Posted

Watch this space Paul

You must be Psychic

I received some correspondance with Betsy from the Canadian Tv Channel yesterday afternoon, they are still very much interested in us as a team, so will have more news over the next few weeks.

Do they need OAP's :aggressive:

Posted

had a bit of shock end of this week, some of you whole follow me on Facebook will know, but got a squash ball in the left eye, on wed night and thought at first that I may have done permanent damage thankfully I haven't. one scary thought at the time was the USA trip!

Posted

had a bit of shock end of this week, some of you whole follow me on Facebook will know, but got a squash ball in the left eye, on wed night and thought at first that I may have done permanent damage thankfully I haven't. one scary thought at the time was the USA trip!

Have been keeping an 'eye' on you since you posted. Glad your still up and running and 'looking' towards the future. Feel better soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

I spoke to Go Walkabout today about their storm chase cover and they are currently reviewing if they are to keep offering this, seems as though all mention of it got taken down from their website recently. They were still able to offer me cover so I guess if you haven't got it sorted already you may need to speak to them quickly - it maybe just under review but though I'd mention it just in case...

Posted

I found a piece I put together a few years back and thought I would share it. It will bring memories to some folks.

Tom

Posted

Filmed by Paul in Kansas , I was in the car in front - think there was a wedge tornado wrapped in the rain -- lots of swear words included in footage - nothing new there Paul

Tom

Ahh, remember that, Wakeeney KS May 2008? Remember after sitting there watching the storm come in - then trying to escape the storm but getting caught by the RFD on the I-70 with zero visibility and seemingly taking forever to get out of it!

Also beforehand didn't Chris Terril drive off with the fuel nozzle still in his car at the gas station or something?

Posted

Not sure, they didn't really say too much.

I got my insurance quotation today with Walk about. He did say that they were reviewing it but I think the difference is if you are going with an organised tour group because that was question that he asked me. It might be that they are worried about go it alone people.

Tom

Posted

Ahh, remember that, Wakeeney KS May 2008? Remember after sitting there watching the storm come in - then trying to escape the storm but getting caught by the RFD on the I-70 with zero visibility and seemingly taking forever to get out of it!

Also beforehand didn't Chris Terril drive off with the fuel nozzle still in his car at the gas station or something?

You are very correct there Nick. Dave jumped out and put the nozzle back into the holder. Chris had pre paid and half of what he had paid for went on the garage forecourt.The RFD was fierce and Dave only managed to drive by looking at the little car on the zoomed in Strips and Trips.

Tom