Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted

Ok . So i've got the go ahead to use my sons camera and equipment. Just need a nikon user or someone with the know how on Tour 3 to help me out and point me and the camera in the right direction.

I'm a complete noob with cameras but will be trying a few things out in the next couple of weeks

Rob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Ms Hudson is a Nikon User - And she is on Tour 3!

Sorted!

Sorry Bommerang I'm Tour 4 ..

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Ooops Yes you changed to 4 & 5 then back to 3 & 4 and then back to 4 & 5.

Cant keep up!

Posted

Ooops Yes you changed to 4 & 5 then back to 3 & 4 and then back to 4 & 5.

Cant keep up!

Female Perogative !

Posted

Oops you may set a precedent here... I still can't decide between on which tour to do next year, now tossing up between 4 and 5. Wish I could do both really wacko.png

Posted

Ok . So i've got the go ahead to use my sons camera and equipment. Just need a nikon user or someone with the know how on Tour 3 to help me out and point me and the camera in the right direction.

I'm a complete noob with cameras but will be trying a few things out in the next couple of weeks

Rob

Hi Rob, this link may be of use to you http://www.nikondigi.../index_eng.html or youtube is pretty useful too

Edited by duckeyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Hi all

Here is a link to my lightning photography tutorial

Feel free to browse and I hope it is of some use to you all

Nice one! I shall be reading that later on...Thanks for sharing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

Hi all

Here is a link to my lightning photography tutorial

Feel free to browse and I hope it is of some use to you all

Thanks alot Dave for posting the file, I've printed it off and will take it with me on Wednesday. I always seem to struggle when trying to capture the perfect shot of lightning, in fact, any shot at all!

Posted

Thanks alot Dave for posting the file, I've printed it off and will take it with me on Wednesday. I always seem to struggle when trying to capture the perfect shot of lightning, in fact, any shot at all!

You will have plenty of folks quite prepared to assist and offer help, you'll be finegood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

i have lost count but you , me , Rob, John for starters . Thats 4 but please shout up all the others

Now added Dan & Steve so 6 ATM I hope John has his phone so we can phone the hotel to request they send the free bus. John I will get the phone number to bring.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Me and Ashley are on that flight as well, two more then we have enough for a game of 5-a-side!. Gutted i'm gonna miss the Champions League Final though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Okay loading up the lappy with music, any request for those on the first tour?! acute.gif

Posted

Okay loading up the lappy with music, any request for those on the first tour?! acute.gif

Yeah, the Sherminator, loves Abba, so make sure you have plenty of that on board.

Posted

Hi Tom,

Me and Ashley are on that flight as well, two more then we have enough for a game of 5-a-side!. Gutted i'm gonna miss the Champions League Final though

blimey :lol:

same but with the play off final, if we make it!

Posted

Hi Tom,

The last time we had more than 3 Netweather people on a BA flight we actually drank the plane dry! rofl.gif

Posted

• Best seats on flight window seats on the Port side (left looking forward) things to look out for on way out icelandic volcanos I did see the Eyjafjallajokull erupting in the distance you may also get to see in the frozen north east of Canada a white ring the site of one of earth's largest meteorite impacts, Manicouagan in Quebec its usually frozen over till middle of June so easy to see there a couple of others that you may get lucky and see also.
  • On the way home try for a Port side windows seat again to see possible Storm cells and when it gets dark (take no notice of cabin crew asking you to pull window blind down check with persons in same row though, tell cabin crew your not flying without the blind open unless they want to land the plane because you will have a panic attack if you get any grief from them lol.) you may get lucky and see the Aurora Borealis especially this year and next, you may also get lucky and see my house in Bicester as your plane flies into Bovingdon hold for Heathrow

Edited by gpspete

Posted

One of my hobbies is DJ'ing, I'm going to bring a few of my mixes! All mainly current dance/club like stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Tom,

So i think then that makes the total 8 so hotel bus will have decent load to pick up.

tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Paul likes Buddy Holly

The last time we had more than 3 Netweather people on a BA flight we actually drank the plane dry! rofl.gif

That is a factual statement

Tom

blimey laugh.png

same but with the play off final, if we make it!

Bah humbug

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Can somebody please remind me who the chasers are for the final and last tour of the seson out of Denver?

My wife wanted to know and I cant for the life find it.

Thanks (she wants to know who she can talk to about knittingfool.gif )

I know IanM is good for Kindle

Iam C is good for food

Sherm is just f...g crazy and talks s... (not really)

Claire talks Nikon

So who's left??

Edited by Dorsetbred