2. 2. Will Autumn Rainfall be?

• Well Above Average
    • Above Average
    • Slightly Above Average
    • Average
    • Slightly Below Average
    • Below Average
    • Well Below Average
  3. 3. What Will Be the Highest Temperature?

4. 4. What Will Be the Lowest Temperature in Autumn?

5. 5. When will the first Snowfalls Happen?

• Early September
    • Mid September
    • Late September
    • Early October
    • Mid October
    • Late October
    • Early November
    • Mid November
    • Late November

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Well time flys these days so it will soon be upon us and i was wondering about peoples views on whether we could have a 4th consecutive colder than average winter or this hot summer we are going to have will put pay to that by disturbing the recent patterns. Well at least we could have a neutral ENSO signal so thats good news and at this moment i would say slightly colder than average (you have to go with the form horse) although that will change many times. Question is could it be an absolute stonker though like 1947 that brings the country to a standstill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

:lol:

Bit early don't you think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

You are having a laugh? Soon be upon us?! It's May!!!

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Well time flys these days so it will soon be upon us and i was wondering about peoples views on whether we could have a 4th consecutive colder than average winter or this hot summer we are going to have will put pay to that by disturbing the recent patterns. Well at least we could have a neutral ENSO signal so thats good news and at this moment i would say slightly colder than average (you have to go with the form horse) although that will change many times. Question is could it be an absolute stonker though like 1947 that brings the country to a standstill.

Only you on this forum could post this early on next winter. love it!:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

These threads start earlier as the years go by :lol:

Now I know Im snow crazy which many on this forum know especially people in the NE England thread but this is a bit early dont you think maybe later in August my thoughts start to change towards winter but hey for now enjoy the great british summer! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Winter 11-12??.....Feb1991, I know you are the living embodiment of the phrase "Cold Ramper" but starting a winter thread before summer's even got here suggests to me, and, no doubt many others that you are either a) barking mad b.) a troll in sheeps clothing or c) just extracting the urine !!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

I think we can all draw our own conclusions, but as I've learnt in the serious area, freedom of speech is paramount, so let all those with something constructive to say about the next winter join in here, and for the rest of us, just stand back and shake your head gently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

It's not really early to talk about winter at all, I put on facebook earlier in the week that I wanted to build a snow man but there is no snow :(, and considering how early snow can come (october/Novemeber) I think now is a good time to talk about it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think we can all draw our own conclusions, but as I've learnt in the serious area, freedom of speech is paramount, so let all those with something constructive to say about the next winter join in here, and for the rest of us, just stand back and shake your head gently.

lol.....ok, I'ver looked at the models, and at this far out they suggest that we might have a cold winter, then again they infer we might have a mild one....They imply that snow for many might be on the cards, then again whisper that snow might well be at a premium...Ok, thats the model summary out of the way, time to lock the thread for 3-4 months?? :lol:

Posted

lol.....ok, I'ver looked at the models, and at this far out they suggest that we might have a cold winter, then again they infer we might have a mild one....They imply that snow for many might be on the cards, then again whisper that snow might well be at a premium...Ok, thats the model summary out of the way, time to lock the thread for 3-4 months?? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There will be rain, There will be some snow. There will be temperatures below 0c at times.

Job done. :lol:

But come on seriously, this is ridiculously early. Whether people dont like the warmth, surely you must like the cool-warm summer evenings and a BBQ? Id hate to think people were stuck inside all day when actually they could be outside enjoying it in some form...evening if its getting sprayed with water all that time... :lol:

Realistically speaking here....

Can you have a BBQ in winter? No

Can you have fun in the park or local woodland as often as you would like in Winter compared to Summer? No

Can you sit outside with a beer at hand in Winter? No

So get outside and enjoy what the summer season has to offer! :D

Posted

Realistically speaking here....

Can you have a BBQ in winter? No

Can you have fun in the park or local woodland as often as you would like in Winter compared to Summer? No

of course you can - its just a bit colder....:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

of course you can - its just a bit colder....:cold:

I knew someone would post that. :lol: hence i did say realistically speaking. Unless your utterly mad, i prefer to eat my sausages warm, not frozen to death from BBQ to plate. :lol:

Posted

Ive just done a coverted double. Earliest winter thread starter and earliest application for a Sacra number. If i get the may CET correctly which im certainly going to be near. what a treble that would be. And the fact that i get criticised a lot on here is a good thing as criticism can sometimes mask envy and envy as we all know is the greatest form of flattery.

Posted

Not in the least bit interested. I'm still waiting for summer. Not really bothered what happens in winter anyway as I tune it out and ignore it (and turn the heating up).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I knew someone would post that. :lol: hence i did say realistically speaking. Unless your utterly mad, i prefer to eat my sausages warm, not frozen to death from BBQ to plate. :lol:

Frozen to death?! what sausages have you been eating that are still alive? :p

As for the coming winter.....I don't have a clue at this range; best to keep an eye on these amongst other indicators http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/images3/euT2mMon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

early for this, until after Wimbledon really the countdown to winter, when days start get shorter late June

guess for winter, Dec the coldest month, Jan 2nd coldest, Nov 3rd coldest, and Spring arriving early Feb

Posted

Frozen to death?! what sausages have you been eating that are still alive? :p

As for the coming winter.....I don't have a clue at this range; best to keep an eye on these amongst other indicators http://www.cpc.ncep....s3/euT2mMon.gif

:lol:

Im surprised at the amount of people who seem willing to give the winter BBQ a shot. I know i wouldnt fancy standing there in the freezing cold wind with the pouring rain whilst tossing those Burgers. Lol...

Each to their own i guess. :lol:

Posted

You have bypassed dinner and cut to the chase? What about autumn, I can imagine an autumn thread, but winter thread? I would wait till around Mid summer(last years was made around then), like the spring thread was made at the start of the year, 3 months beforehand.

Anyway early indications for AUTUMN on cfs show:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfs_fcst/images3/glbz700Mon.gif

September Unsettled, with some blocking to the north and low pressure around the uk and the south, could be cool at times, but also mild at times looking at those anomalies.

October, dry and cold at times, relatively cool/cold by the looks of it.

November- Neutral atm, but the indications a few days ago showed a similar anomaly to september, with the blocking a bit more intense and the blue anomalies stretching over the azores, maybe another cold november.

I think an unsettled and wild autumn could be on the card though, with us gradually sliding into the cold and an early winter.

Posted

You can't do that in summer or winter due to your age, Luke. :whistling:

I do find it a bit strange seeing an winter topic in a spring(going into summer) sub-forum area but its up to us whether we want to posts our thoughts now or later on in the year.

Posted

time does fly by quickly it was already six months ago places had snow in november, and now november is only six months away but obviously it is a bit early for this topic i start to think about winter in october.:cold::cold:

Posted

Mild November first cold snap around 15th dec quite severe with heavy snowfall for the North east via a potent Norh easterly with some showers getting across to the west but no big accumulations here, east coast and south east also big convective snow showers with southerly tracking lows also clipping south west and central southern Englang at times. warm up for christmas but then a reload in early to mid jan, mild second half of jan with some storms first bit of feb anticyclonic then deep cold mid feb but maybe also quite dry but with some snow. mild end and mild spring.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Mild November first cold snap around 15th dec quite severe with heavy snowfall for the North east via a potent Norh easterly with some showers getting across to the west but no big accumulations here, east coast and south east also big convective snow showers with southerly tracking lows also clipping south west and central southern Englang at times. warm up for christmas but then a reload in early to mid jan, mild second half of jan with some storms first bit of feb anticyclonic then deep cold mid feb but maybe also quite dry but with some snow. mild end and mild spring.

Good Luck with your winter forcast, the detail is just amazing. Found this "Mr laminate floori also told me he is more than happy for me to add that he thinks we are in for a prolonged cold winter again this year. Now that would raise a few eyebrows! " From this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/2011/05/is-summer-2011-set-to-be-a-sco.shtml

Edited by snowrob