Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted

This is what it looks like from Basildon, not very well defined from my viewpoint but might bring some rain, not expecting much else though!!

post-12190-0-01776200-1307733605_thumb.j

Theres another one popping up behind that one (and growing), which does look like to have your name on it!!

Posted

well im mucho dissapointio today! Had some fabulous convection all around and about 4 o clock skys went black and then... drizzle! pah! :wallbash: Oh well here comes some rain to give me some hope lol! Glad the South East has been having rain though, thats a bit of good news for all the garden lovers :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Theres another one popping up behind that one (and growing), which does look like to have your name on it!!

Oooh that would be nice. I can see a line of CB's to my south that seem to have stalled in a line west to east along the Thames. Shame they didn't do much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

That storm in luton is pretty big i can see the anvil from here! anyone seen any lightning in it?

Posted

Very dark at work again, good size cell approaching

Posted

according to 'rain today' radar, a giant spider is attacking bristol :unsure: (20.15 frame)

Edited by bobbydog

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Small but potent cell passing through just before 8 this evening here gave a brief torrential downpour, a bright flash and bang. Rather black to my NW currently but think I will miss this next cell passing over London.

Nice to see there's still some storms rumbling around into the evening, red dots are strikes in last 3 hours:

sf_na_1d.gif

Posted

Just had a big downpour of rain hit near lakenheath/Bury St Edmunds. Behind that the sun has come out and there are some huge anvils sitting there!

Posted

Mammamtus looks amazing in that pic!

Any of you guys know if any cells are heading towards Suffolk?

Posted

Sorry, newbie from Chelmsford........is that coming our way?

Gooner! Eboue is not God i'm afraid :D

Posted

Beautiful hook on the radar around the Bristol Channel area, rotating as the LOW drifts across.

Temperatures really struggling between 6c-8c across much of the West Country in and behind the rain area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A few heavy scattered showers tomorrow but Thunder risk seems generally low. Maybe a little in the Midlands, East and North but other than that not as good as today.

Posted

Was mostly a sunny day here lots of convection around,During late afternoon early evening it's been chilly and overcast,Had a shower around 6 o'clock which went of rather quickly but this has been followed by persistent moderate rain,Has be pouring here for around 2hrs and doesn't seem like stopping soon,No thunder here but have read parts of Bristol have or have had some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hello all. Just driven back to Newbury from Brighton and plenty of wonderful cloud formations across the open landscape of Berkshire ... Lots of great showers visible but not a glimpse sign or murmur of any thunder or lightening. Took some fab photos but now my Internet won't play ball to share with you:(. I haven't checked any charts today so have no idea of the probability of what is in store. Is Gtltw out there??!!