Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

BOOOM!

And another :D

Posted

We had a nice 'gust front' type feature go through recently with a bit of a 'whales mouth' appearance and mammatus like cloud with turbulent movement and some brief interesting scud movement to my east. The wind veered from the S to the NW and picked up briefly, and since them we have had moderate or heavy rain (briefly very heavy) and the temperature has dropped to a (rather low for early June) value of 7.1C!

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Another storm developing to my west, very dark base and towering cumulus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Off home now to HU17. Been cloudy here in Doncaster all day long with no sunshire whatsoever.....

Home, HU1, looks to be in the middle of it right now. If you put in the postcode and run the animation it has been in a hole but now the two bands are coming together right over my house!!

Seems to be a mesoscle low in East Yorkshire that has run up from Lincs in the last couple of hours.

Will check in again later.

Posted

Any idea why the clouds are going different directions now?, outflow?

Storm going off and becoming much more active to my east,south east moving east/north east but there are lower cumulus clouds moving away from the storm going north west!

EDIT : Storm now to my north east heading out to sea :drinks:

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

We had a nice 'gust front' type feature go through recently with a bit of a 'whales mouth' appearance and mammatus like cloud with turbulent movement and some brief interesting scud movement to my east. The wind veered from the S to the NW and picked up briefly, and since them we have had moderate or heavy rain (briefly very heavy) and the temperature has dropped to a (rather low for early June) value of 7.1C!

5c in Liscombe, Devon right now. Shocking temperatures for June for a shockingly poor month so far. :(

Posted

Few sharp showers moved through today. Nothing electrical or too exciting, but done the garden some good!

Heh?, there's a storm going off now to your north east and another to your west developed big time outside of maidstone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Had two very heavy downpours, not sure if I heard thunder as it was quite busy on the street. No lightening I don't think.

Driving through the town in the heaviest downpour I did have a giggle at everyone who literally looked like they'd just gone swimming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Its been raining lightly for past 20 mins, but nothing significant. Think its the remenants of what passed through Devon earlier.

Posted

Lightning c-g :drinks:

Posted

My knowledge on weather is nowhere near any of the other members on here, but we just had a very dark line of cloud which passed over here with all of a sudden gusty winds, and the clouds on the leading edge were quite low, and they appeared to be getting sucked up and spinning a little. Very interesting to watch. Its now passed and we are now left with a murky looking grey coverage of cloud. Would this be a gust front?? No thunder either by the way. Again appologies for lack of knowledge

Three rumbles of thunder here and really heavy rain! Brilliant surprise! Seems to have formed over me!

Thought I heard thunder a short while ago!

Posted

5c in Liscombe, Devon right now. Shocking temperatures for June for a shockingly poor month so far. :(

Yeh I noticed that too, not sure I can remember temps this low on a June afternoon before. Though Liscombe is at 348m according to the MetO website.

If we have to have this cool weather we can at least have nice convective days!

The wind here has actually veered from the S to the NE. Started of southerly, then went NW'erly then N'erly then NE'erly!

Brightening from the west with a bit of weak sun coming through. Still raining a bit with 5mm in the last hour.

Suns out properly now for a minute.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Just had really torrential rain, flooded car park and fairground in preston park in faversham, four really close flashes then instant booms you could feel the boltsthen hail piled up on shed roof......my what a 10 minutes......

still raining......

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

Just had really torrential rain, flooded car park and fairground in preston park in faversham, four really close flashes then instant booms you could feel the boltsthen hail piled up on shed roof......my what a 10 minutes......

still raining......

I heard it :clap: :clap:

Posted

My knowledge on weather is nowhere near any of the other members on here, but we just had a very dark line of cloud which passed over here with all of a sudden gusty winds, and the clouds on the leading edge were quite low, and they appeared to be getting sucked up and spinning a little. Very interesting to watch. Its now passed and we are now left with a murky looking grey coverage of cloud. Would this be a gust front?? No thunder either by the way. Again appologies for lack of knowledge

Sounds quite similar to what I had, I'd guess it was some sort of gust front though I'm not 100% sure about this as I don't 100% know the 'definition' of a gust front.

Posted

Thought I heard thunder a short while ago!

Sunny and raining now. :winky:

Totally caught me off guard! Saw two flashes and heard three rumbles! Also, the heaviest rain in around three years here. Amazing!

Posted

Watching these cells go totally round me.... Grrrr!!!

Hope your all enjoying a show if your getting what I'm seeing the edge of.... In fact today we have had about 1cm rain all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Watching these cells go totally round me.... Grrrr!!!

Hope your all enjoying a show if your getting what I'm seeing the edge of.... In fact today we have had about 1cm rain all day

I share your pain, if anything happens here in Bas I'll let you know since you should be in the firing line.

Posted

Is it possible that , that heavy rain along the south coast could come inland to the SE?

no- because i live here... grrr! :angry: