Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Coast

Posted

The rain has now eased. A very localised storm that formed directly above my head with torrential rain, yet four miles away in the town centre they had no rain at all. Two flashes, three bangs and I'm a happy camper. Enjoy whoever is in the firing line of my homegrown cell. :)

Posted

My knowledge on weather is nowhere near any of the other members on here, but we just had a very dark line of cloud which passed over here with all of a sudden gusty winds, and the clouds on the leading edge were quite low, and they appeared to be getting sucked up and spinning a little. Very interesting to watch. Its now passed and we are now left with a murky looking grey coverage of cloud. Would this be a gust front?? No thunder either by the way. Again appologies for lack of knowledge

Sounds very much like a gust front :), you're learning and that's the great thing about being ona forum like this.

Posted

No seriously :p

difficult to say how it will go, would be good to get an expert opinion though.

Posted

Its good that so many on here have had their fix and then some over the last few months! I think I must live in one of the most boring parts of the country weather wise, very little in the way of PPN here and from what I can gather it doesn't do very well in the winter either. Nevermind, reading all the crazy posts on here kind of makes up for it!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Very heavy downpour but no hail and the thunder backed off alot, me thinks it was most active towards faversham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is it possible that , that heavy rain along the south coast could come inland to the SE?

My guess would be yes. However, I think the question you're really asking is "will the SE get heavy rain move inland"...that I'm afraid I cannot answer.

MetO Invent suggesting that the SE will get virtually no rain into this evening/overnight.

GFS taking a very different view with the precip charts indicating rainfall moving along the south towards the SE with a 50% storm risk up until around midnight....the GFS 12z a slight upgrade in this respect on the 06z

Any of the far more experienced meteorological bods care to assist lol :cc_confused:

Edited by Harry

Posted

The rain has now eased. A very localised storm that formed directly above my head with torrential rain, yet four miles away in the town centre they had no rain at all. Two flashes, three bangs and I'm a happy camper. Enjoy whoever is in the firing line of my homegrown cell. :)

It looked nice on the radar B) , just starting to rain here now...

Posted

Very heavy downpour but no hail and the thunder backed off alot, me thinks it was most active towards faversham

Pretty active little thing, but yes bolts were extremely close, two hit just across the railway tracks from me, i live near the station....... made me jump four times.....satellite is back on now, yey, so watching tennis with glass o vino.... :drinks:

Posted

It looked nice on the radar B) , just starting to rain here now...

It was! It feels very deserved after so many near misses!

Something forming over Matlock. Not sure if it's coming this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Downpours to the West of here are Thundery but barely moving! Despite all the showers about it could stay dry here as odd as it seems looking at the radar! Could nocturnal cooling come into effect with Lightning this evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Downpours to the West of here are Thundery but barely moving! Despite all the showers about it could stay dry here as odd as it seems looking at the radar! Could nocturnal cooling come into effect with Lightning this evening?

If the showers keep their structure, then I'd say there's a shout, given the cold uppers. Although I wouldn't expect, given the model output, much to last beyond midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No storms only light rain, Rspca rang and said the dog we wanted to rehome has been rehomed and i have just lost out on a rather nice model kit one ebay. ANYTHING ELSE WANT TO HAPPEN TODAY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

the sun is shining and theres a huge anvil to my southwest! bring it on!!!!! plus i have lots of beer and my parents are on a flight to Las Vegas! this might just be a good evening.

Posted

the sun is shining and theres a huge anvil to my southwest! bring it on!!!!! plus i have lots of beer and my parents are on a flight to Las Vegas! this might just be a good evening.

And your address is :drinks:

Posted

they forgot to inform you they sold the house and are not returning.

you need to be out by monday :rofl:

Posted

And your address is :drinks:

wd25.... no chance!

the anvil looks glaciated. I dont know if theres thunder but its quite warm now with that being the only cloud in the sky.

Posted

wow,huge clap of thunder overhead/ lighting, and pea sized hail, :drinks:

Thanks for that! That stuff's coming for me after you. If it's still thundery by the time it gets here it'll be the second storm today. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Strange stationary clouds over Birmingham atm

I dont mind waiting till dark for our western cells to eventually turn up :pardon:

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Thanks for that! That stuff's coming for me after you. If it's still thundery by the time it gets here it'll be the second storm today. :D

should be thundery, checked on radar and it just popped up out of knowwhere, and to think i was in chesterfield 20 mins ago wonering if there be any storms

Posted

just set up a 1080HD camera thats water proof it has a 32GB SD card so im going to leave it and see what I get.

Posted

should be thundery, checked on radar and it just popped up out of knowwhere, and to think i was in chesterfield 20 mins ago wonering if there be any storms

I think anyone in Derbyshire can testify that we definitely deserve it. Seems like we've been left out this year.

Posted

definately been left out this year, only second time heard thunder this year.

heavy rain stopped now, fingers crossed for more.