Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted

hmmm! just some dark clouds floating by!! suns come out again now! thermometer reading 31c! IT FEELS SSOOOO HUMID OUT THERE!

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Picking up some sferics in that area of development off the south west coast as well, worth keeping an eye on as that could turn in to a line of storms when it makes land fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Care to elaborate a wee bit?

Are we talking darkening Cu base or EF5 tornado? Come on work with me man! lol

Heavy snow with blizzard conditions!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Picking up some sferics in that area of development off the south west coast as well, worth keeping an eye on as that could turn in to a line of storms when it makes land fall.

it's going N/NE though so whilst Wales might do well, it doesn't look like affecting England at all ( maybe the far NW ) unless an eastwards turn is expected! ( sorry probably a bit IMBY here )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Care to elaborate a wee bit?

Are we talking darkening Cu base or EF5 tornado? Come on work with me man! lol

Just a little something on the radar...although my initial excitement seems to have killed it off. No strikes associated with it anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

It's been there for a few hours, running NNE along the Cold Front as it edges E. It hasn't reached the tip of Cornwall or SW Wales yet and there

are heavy showers ahead of it which look set to move into Cornwall.

cheers andy I have been off line for a while so you have given me the quick heads up in a nanu second! ...::whistling:

Right I best get me weather websites up and ready to hand...:rolleyes:

Posted

Ok, I've been sitting around all day on the computer, now going out for a drive with the aircon on full. Heading south from north cambridgeshire into the fens and maybe across to suffolk ... it all depends on the weather sat and radar. Will holler on this thread if I get wet.

Posted
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)

Something has kicked off just to the SW of me :D

Yep!, looks like it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Cloudy again, but this time it is that old MCS. If confident nothing else will kick of up here now, unless that cold front intensifies as it hits us. Temperature back down to 20°C, that seems more realistic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Something has kicked off just to the SW of me :D

Yes I sent it over to you and blew a kiss as i did -:air_kiss: I could see it was doing nought when it passed us south of Newbury...

PB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

From PJB on the UKWW forums:

None of the 12Z Models HIRLAM, GFS or NAE break out much in the SE overnight as the forcing has moved N and E. However cloud growth appears to be occuring over the SW at present... However % chance of storms in the SE overnight appears to be receding. Though Kent and E Anglia remain at risk

Edited by simonskee

Posted

Ok, I've been sitting around all day on the computer, now going out for a drive with the aircon on full. Heading south from north cambridgeshire into the fens and maybe across to suffolk ... it all depends on the weather sat and radar. Will holler on this thread if I get wet.

Will wave if you go past Bury :D

Posted

Looks like something might hit me! Let's hope the invisible rain shield works it's magic!

Edited by Skyscape

Posted

Might be a bust for the SE tonight, with only Kent and E Anglia having slight potential. Most models now not breaking anything convective out later for the majority of the quadrant.

Posted

That line of showers Swindon to Portmouth could hit W London and then on to Paul Sherman Cambridge area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

From PJB on the UKWW forums:

None of the 12Z Models HIRLAM, GFS or NAE break out much in the SE overnight as the forcing has moved N and E. However cloud growth appears to be occuring over the SW at present... However % chance of storms in the SE overnight appears to be receding. Though Kent and E Anglia remain at risk

I'm EA so I'm still happy.:closedeyes:

Posted
it's going N/NE though so whilst Wales might do well, it doesn't look like affecting England at all ( maybe the far NW ) unless an eastwards turn is expected! ( sorry probably a bit IMBY here )

Not that one, (though it does still have potential) there is a smaller area of recent development south east of it out in the ocean. V5 radar picked up some sferics in it about half an hour ago though it has remained silent since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Like the small fly, Almost went to clean it off my screen. LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Light rain here now, radar doesn't show any lightning strikes but you never know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some decent mid-level convection occuring as the cirrus is breaking up here, plenty of Ac Cas & floccus overhead, so bodes well perhaps for areas further east.....Quite an active disturbance running along the Cold Front in the Irish sea, this could hold promise as the colder air undercuts the warm mid level air distabilizing it as it slides eatwards during the evening..There's a nice line of Cb's on this sliding NE

Posted

Watching the Netweather guys on cam :) Looks like there on the Dunstable downs (or there abouts), not far away really only about 15 miles or so. Looks like they have something developing to the west (this shower will pass me shortly, looking at the radar) :)

LOL goodluck everyone tonight hmmmmmm mellow.gif

Posted

For me huge dissapointment looking at the latest 12z charts, not supporting any organised activity across East Anglia tonight. I might be proved wrong but this could be one hell of a let down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Think we can see the cold front on the radar now, nice line of showers down by the south west and wales. Looks quite active as well.

Posted

Might be a bust for the SE tonight, with only Kent and E Anglia having slight potential. Most models now not breaking anything convective out later for the majority of the quadrant.

OMG! IM So hot!!! its 31C here! will it cool down??? i cant stand the heat!! AND I WANT TO SEE A STORM!! :(