Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted

Cheers Harry and PE, just trying to work out what direction to head in for tonight's possible storms, don't fancy doing 200 odd mile for drizzle lol

Id say head to Dover on the cliffs, probably your best bet for seeing some pretty much guarenteed action.. Long drive thou :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Currently near to Dunstable and interested in something kicking off around the SE Now as the Cirrus Canopy killed anything further West, keep the faith people!

Paul S

That glint of optimism was like a reassuring arm round the shoulder :D

Cheers! Praying something initiates later....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

So jealous of you'se lot just further north than me! :whistling:

Seems to be a regular occurence when it comes to storms they seem to always pass just to the south or north of teeside, i think our last chance will be if the light band of rain moving from the south intensifiys.

Overcast skies at the moment thow so not looking good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Sun trying to come out now, that was great and I am one happy lad. At least I wont feel as bad when the south gets pounded tonight!! biggrin.gif

Yeah, we don't usually get storms better than that up here :)

Unless you're counting 19th June or 31st August 2005, still waiting for something to beat those storms.

Posted

Hmmmmm not liking the look of the cloud cover we have currently, not stor clouds for sure. Temperature has taken a dive now.

FRom all the talk has the chnaces for this area seriously declinednow, or are people just being pessimistic?

Some People are being miserable and deliberately pessimistic just for a reaction. Chill Lauren our time is laterwhistling.gif

Posted

Just had a really loud boom of thunder again - strange considering the storm has moved away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Unless you're counting 19th June or 31st August 2005, still waiting for something to beat those storms.

Yeah it was cracking. Thunder was manic like wasnt it! Hopefully some more will spawn as there is definitely something happening further south and west....I can actually still hear the distant thunder from the ones just passed lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Currently near to Dunstable and interested in something kicking off around the SE Now as the Cirrus Canopy killed anything further West, keep the faith people!

Paul S

South east?

I'm back from my induction day at school. Storm is bored of the sun sitting in car parks all day and wants to go out to play.

;D J x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well the cold front looks rather benign at the moment, with a very narrow band of showery rain off the coast

of Cornwall.

post-6128-0-75573300-1309187249_thumb.jp

The problem is the huge gap over Biscay with No development at all. Its here we would need to see thundery development

for it to affect the majority of England. Alas for somereason the skies remain clear. As the cold front comes east this evening, providing the skies clear and we get a little more sun, and heating the front may trigger some thundery activitiy

as it clears east overnight. Depends on the sun making a reappearance, getting shot of the pesky milky skies, and how quickly the cold front is moving.. plus other mitigating factors.

Any particular reason? I don't think that's right at all!

Posted

Id say head to Dover on the cliffs, probably your best bet for seeing some pretty much guarenteed action.. Long drive thou :/

lol cheers PE, well if needs be, think I'll head down towards Eastbourne and evaluate from there, then Dover won't seem quite so far lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Those two were accompanied by south to south-westerly winds so there weren't any problems with haar along the coast either. I was actually away from the region on those two occasions, but still got some thunder (a weaker event in Lancaster on 19 June, and then a big event in Leeds on 31 August which was at least as intense as the Tyneside one).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Guess what? It has gone sticky and humid again!! I can hear rumbling to my south again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Its gone very cloudy in Braintree all of a sudden and the nice breeze we have had all day has dropped right off to nothing...very still and eerie...the clam before the storm???:blink:

Guest Kent-Weather

Hmmmmm not liking the look of the cloud cover we have currently, not stor clouds for sure. Temperature has taken a dive now.

FRom all the talk has the chnaces for this area seriously declinednow, or are people just being pessimistic?

People are being pessimistic. Cloud cover isnt a concern for us personally

Posted

I reckon Eastern England could be in for a disappointment today - that old MCS looks to be spoiling things further south. You have to go south of the Midlands for any real chance now. We were pretty lucky in the NE - those storms wouldn't have developed if that high cloud had moved in.

Right on the South Coast it shouldn't matter as the storms will be French imports, yes?

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Seems to be a regular occurence when it comes to storms they seem to always pass just to the south or north of teeside, i think our last chance will be if the light band of rain moving from the south intensifiys.

Overcast skies at the moment thow so not looking good

here is hoping and besides we did well during the winter with thundersnow :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Sun coming back out here now after heavy showers today, temp now 24C

Posted

I had quite a good view of the lightning here, possible because I wasn't directly under the storm until the last 10 minutes.

Unless I was looking in the wrong area, I do think it was low cloud. The cloud movement seemed low and it was moving in a SSW direction, great storm in terms of rumbles of thunder but sadly, not one flash, just my luck!

Expected very little anyways so you could argue it was a bonus but sadly, not meant to be.

Posted

Back up to 21°C, hopefully a nice evening in store now :)

Posted

roller-coaster-in-the-cloud.jpg

:doh:

Posted

Its gone very cloudy in Braintree all of a sudden and the nice breeze we have had all day has dropped right off to nothing...very still and eerie...the clam before the storm???:blink:

What have clams got to do with anything?