Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Seriously what is with all the negativity lol

The Storms are not even spoed to get going until like 6pm on wards all threw the night into early hours of the morning.

All I say is a little bit of patientnous is needed, don't lose hope guys, no way at all is this over yet as it hasn't even started !

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Its quite noticable that the Cirrus sheild from the MCS remnant is dissapating, allowing convection to readily get going....two areas of note, one on the SE flank of the remnant allowing rapid convection in the home counties/London area, and another area on the SW flank of the remnant over wales and the west country .From an IMBY perspective I'm more interested in this one, as some clearer skies can hopefully lead to some isolated home growns (as per the UKWW/Torro updated forecast) as there's still favourable dynamics...Also further to the SW, an interesting area of thundery showers off the devon/cornwall coast, hopefully these can tap into the energy and lift available as they move NNE/NE into the west country, parts of the midlands and the east midlands over the next few hours....All in all, everything is to play for, as conditions are becoming increasingly favourable in many areas :)

I'll drink to that!!!:drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Looks like the GFS/NMM did nail the North East threat though. Only showed any precip over that region.

Posted

Still under the cirrus but hazy sunshine at the mo. Interesting that there is still rapid convection. You can actually see the towers shooting up, before collapsing just as quickly!

Posted

Surely the quickness and intensity of the homegrowns in NE is something to remain positive about!?. Just shows how quick thinks can change. Keep the faith people, keep the faith!

No... lol

There wasn't and still isn't any cloud cover over parts of NE England, this is where the showers are forming. Under this layer of high cloud we aren't going to see anything...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wow, what a lot of negativity all of a sudden. As we still have all night and into the early hours to go, it might be prudent to hang on until tomorrow before taking your Top Trumps cards home! :lol:

This isn't over by a long chalk yet. :good:

Further to Coast's post, may I direct those who have access to NW Extra to the radar archives and punch in Aug 6th 2008 at 6pm! Then check 7pm...and 8pm....9pm....10pm....11pm.....12am.......

PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!! Otherwise your pessimism will rub off on me and I have been looking forward to today FAR TOO LONG (about a week lol) to get last minute jitters......thank yawwwww!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Clouds bubbling up nicely here. I think these light showers and instability pushing in could be just the trigger to set off some storms!

Its gone very quiet here very strange

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I see Paul's stormchase feed has cut out. From the GPS looks as though he's stopped in the middle of nowhere.

Posted

Milky clouds with lumps here feels even warmer than before it clouded over could seriously do with a storm to make the air breathable again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Hey am I looking at tunderstorm perhaps later?

Possibly if Torro are to be belived. we will just have to wait and see like everyone else atm.

This cirrus stuff is getting in the way a little at the mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The sun has emerged again and its even more humid than ever! Thunder still rumbling around, another storm to my south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

check out the forecast links from earlier in the thread and posts from the more experienced members and you should find your answer :)

It's fair to say that thread is busy and no doubt will continue to get very busy the next few hours, in all honesty it's probably best to try and refrain a bit from the "Will it thunder in xxxx??" posts, they'll probably get lost amongst the posts and not get answered....:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Here are a couple of pics just before thIMG00083-20110627-1519.jpge storms kicked off.

Still pretty much constant thunder here atm . . . . .

IMG00081-20110627-1501.jpg

Posted

Its gone very quiet here very strange

I'll second that mate 25 miles east of you, just all of a sudden had a whole change in atmosphere and feeling....also just got an all mighty headache lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Mixed feelings in Cleadon- plenty of thunder around, but can't see anything but low cloud from the North Sea!

Before the "haar" arrived it looked similar to Paul-Michael's pictures here, though his have the cluster of clouds a bit closer in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Lightning more to my S and SW now, still the occasional flash to my NW. There's mammatus on that storm NW of Newcastle. Almost constant thunder again, presumably coming from both storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

As predicted, some precip approach the SW at the moment! This could be what many in the SW/Midlands have been waiting for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Let me know where abouts you are and i will keep a check with Nw radar if you want

Posted

BOOM!

post-8968-0-95207600-1309186244_thumb.pn

Just had a burst of torrential rain here... not impressed seen as the towel and my pillow is on the lawn for sunbathing

Posted

not at mo... as it stops the clouds from gaining height and turning into storm clouds.... but theres hope left yet, just got a call from a friend in london saying theres huge raindrops falling..

Thanks for the explanation nanu. I guess on a positive note, the SE wasn't forecast to have 'home grown' storms, so i'm not too disapointed. Just as long as the French imports make it across the Channel later this evening and the cloud currently here now doesn't affect that...

Posted

Possibly if Torro are to be belived. we will just have to wait and see like everyone else atm.

This cirrus stuff is getting in the way a little at the mo

Cheers buddy! Can you or someone else post torro's forecast please :)

Posted

Further to Coast's post, may I direct those who have access to NW Extra to the radar archives and punch in Aug 6th 2008 at 6pm! Then check 7pm...and 8pm....9pm....10pm....11pm.....12am.......

PATIENCE PLEASE!!!!!! Otherwise your pessimism will rub off on me and I have been looking forward to today FAR TOO LONG (about a week lol) to get last minute jitters......thank yawwwww!

I remmber that eve, gave a huge storm here about 9pm, lighting every 20secs, and town center flooded

Posted

Wow, what a lot of negativity all of a sudden. As we still have all night and into the early hours to go, it might be prudent to hang on until tomorrow before taking your Top Trumps cards home! :lol:

This isn't over by a long chalk yet. :good:

Thats the problem with forums, any whiff of a storm and people sit in front of their computers all day and once their bum goes numb their brain soon follows. Its still very early yet.