IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 4

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Dorsetbred, June 27, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Dorsetbred, June 27, 2011 - No reason given

a few clouds starting to roll in, will i get any thunder? i hope so

Hi and welcome, it would be easier to answer if we knew where you lived

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

:) nothing on TV

bored with playing with Crysis 2 DX11 patch

and kids are in bed asleep

I know what you mean!! Why do we do it to ourselves??

Posted

Yep got you there Dave, we saw that only advisories were issued, but precip was forecast to be very heavy - only thinking the high PWAT values may have attributed to this?

Yes, and the PWAT is still there, it's the forcing which we're waiting for, which will be the initiating factor, and the yellow watch areas still stand. There is still a reasonable chance of convective activity between (imagine a triangle) IOW, SE Kent and the Wash.

post-1641-0-96366900-1309208890_thumb.jp

Edited by Dave Clarke

Posted

lewis - whats the initiation going to be though ?

nothing left to initiate

See this post earlier (thanks to pinball wizard for pointing this out)

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/70096-el-gordo-spanish-plume-thunderstorm-discussion-4/page__view__findpost__p__2097675

Could still be seeing some imports late night.

Posted

Is there not anyone from the NW forecast team who are on line who can give any indication of what is (or isn't) happening?

Sorry if I missed a post, not been on line for a good 3 hours, so may have missed it. However, I would hope that someone from the NW team would be on line during this time? People could attempt suicide (joke!) :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

on a positive note the North Sea storms are really getting going now !

Yeah at least the people on the rigs will be getting a good show,thats it for me now a few near misses which is more than many of you have had, but all in all a disapointing day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

That will be the second storm Sunderland got today :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

:) that storm off Sunderland- if not Anaprop looks rather special

Its not anaprop it passed us and intensified as it left shore lol typical!!

Posted

Is there not anyone from the NW forecast team who are on line who can give any indication of what is (or isn't) happening?

Sorry if I missed a post, not been on line for a good 3 hours, so may have missed it. However, I would hope that someone from the NW team would be on line during this time? People could attempt suicide (joke!) :lol:

i think you answered your own question there - the NW team have all comitted suicide!!!

Posted

Yeah at least the people on the rigs will be getting a good show,thats it for me now a few near misses which is more than many of you have had, but all in all a disapointing day

Well not really, its probably misty/foggy out too sea and full of Low cloud thus not even someone on a peddleboat will see anything!

I know people are dissapointed but I have to admit, I prefer not too see anything than having a storm over you but not be able too see any lightning with low cloud, I don't know how everyone else feels but its still not over yet but the GFS PPN charts do look poor in particular.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

oohh well we can wait another 5 years for a chance of storms. Whens winter gonna start, cant wait for snow now :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Heavy shower here 5 minutes ago. Must have lasted 20 minutes or so :shok: I got absolutely drenched!!

Pleased I upgraded to a Mira Vie 10.8kW Electric Power Shower last month :good:

Seasons

P.s. No thunder to report, the only rumblings were due south :rofl:

Posted

The cell over Northern France this afternoon/evening was a Supercell according to Keraunos

(you'll need to know French)

Thanks for the link - interesting description and confirmed by a local obs. Some nasty wind gusts as well near the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Apparently it's raining over a large chunk of Norfolk according to the radar...unsure.gif

Posted

Lets wait until the cold front has left Lowerstoft Ness before we draw any firm conclusions.

One conclusion I can draw is how unnervingly accurate the GFS storm risk % charts are, for several runs now they have been going against what all the other indicators suggested, with storm outbreaks being portrayed as not being quite as widespread as expected during this afternoon and evening given the potential instability and expected availability of triggers. I can't remember the last time I had a storm when the charts weren't indicating at least 70% for my general area.

No doubt there will be some kind of backlash against various forcasters and forecasting bodies both on this forum and elsewhere, but the people who act in such a way clearly don't understand the difficulties of weather forecasting and how easily tiny adjustments in atmospheric conditions can make a difference between a complete bust and a memorable storm outbreak even at just a few hours range.

Edited by Noctilucid