Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK convective general discussion and forecasts

Posted

Blimey, even Tuesday's risk has disappeared for the South next week on today's runs! Might be the w/c 1st August before we start up again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

When does storm season generally end here and what months tend to be the most lively?

Posted

When does storm season generally end here and what months tend to be the most lively?

I'd say the storm season here is generally from the start of April to the end of September. In any other month, storms aren't often reported. As for the most active months, I'd say July and August. Let's just hope August delivers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

might see some showers moving across the South monday night into tuesday

not expecting anything thundery after the'downgrades' but why can it not upgrade..:whistling:

these charts show the areas where convective cloud is predicted to be or develop, the green line zones are best for showers/convection to develop

post-11361-0-43157600-1311561339_thumb.g

post-11361-0-60380000-1311561323_thumb.g

something to keep a watch on as you never know! im sure Coast would open a thread if any upgrades by morning, their was some unstable air couple days ago showing on lifted index, that has gone with just some areas of slightly unstable around.

Posted

im sure Coast would open a thread if any upgrades by morning

:good: Just can't see a lot at the moment other than this little feature off the pier at Eastbourne tomorrow morning!

51_19.gif

cape.curr.1030lst.d2.png

gfs_kili_eur27.png

Posted

Looking at the models I dont see any possible action this week :( already started to pray to Thor for a decent August or I wont experience a storm in 2011 lol

Posted

Well the crumb of comfort that was a tiny feature in the Eastern Channel tomorrow has now disappeared to be replaced by meh. <_<

03_19.gif

Sit back and enjoy the fair weather, storms aren't really on the horizon from what the current info is showing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well the crumb of comfort that was a tiny feature in the Eastern Channel tomorrow has now disappeared to be replaced by meh. <_<

03_19.gif

Sit back and enjoy the fair weather, storms aren't really on the horizon from what the current info is showing.

Nope which is why it is seldom a good thing when High pressure is to our West (or Western side)

Doesn't always translate to warm/sunny conditions and is very seldom conducive to storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Bring back the storms of years back. Summer isen't summer without them. Here's hoping August brings us a few suprises. I really am missing them.:(

Posted

Bring back the storms of years back. Summer isen't summer without them. Here's hoping August brings us a few suprises. I really am missing them.:(

awwwwww sorry to hear you still missing out dont worry i join you in the no storm club next year :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The best storms I can remember all happened in August....fingers crossed!

Based on current charts, I can't see any profoundly thundery setups in the offing.

Posted

I think a week or so of warmth and sunshine could bring a new start for us in August. Initial indications are a build up back to some potential at the beginning of next month.

Posted

A long way off true, but the 3rd August is starting to look like a possible return to something worth watching down South. Otherwise, very quiet still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I believe it was me who took that very photo (not sure if that's why I would appreciate it, lol :D) - sadly I was in London (as per the pic) all day and the most I got was watching it build and build and build and build, to mammoth proportions :D

These were the pics I took on that great t'storm day (15th June 2009)

I remember the 15th June very well, it was a pretty good day weather wise :D I headed out towards Swaffham and managed to get a few pics, then headed towards Watton and got mired by the whole system ph34r.gif Constant thunder and lightning for hours, torrential rain (I had to unblock the drains at the front because the barns were getting flooded - rather a futile effort LOL) I sat outside under a big garden parasol and shot loads of footage but sadly the camcorder is defunct unsure.gif)

Some pics from near Holme Hale (I was sooooo hoping one of the wind turbines would get struck :D)

post-15179-0-09190700-1311756956_thumb.j

post-15179-0-00747900-1311757002_thumb.j

post-15179-0-86167600-1311757032_thumb.j

post-15179-0-08832000-1311757070_thumb.j

This was followed by the 17th July, which was pretty hairy. I wandered out into the front paddocks to take some pics and YE GODS!!! My eyeballs were fried and my ears fell off........I scarpered back indoors pretty quickly blink.gif

post-15179-0-14234600-1311757281_thumb.j

post-15179-0-38711000-1311757320_thumb.j

post-15179-0-30194800-1311757359_thumb.j

post-15179-0-35404900-1311757379_thumb.j

post-15179-0-13281700-1311757393_thumb.j

post-15179-0-13461500-1311757422_thumb.j

Wonder if I'll see anything like this again? nonono.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

ECM and UKMO looking good for a return of storm potential next week, as a trough digs south to the west of the UK and low pressure develops close to the SW. And none of this cool showery Pm stuff either. GFS not looking quite so promising yet ... so the jury's out for now on what may happen.

Posted

GFS is currently showing some heavy activity across France and into the lowlands of Benelux next week. A long way out, :rolleyes: but nice to watch the progression towards 3rd/4th Aug and also if it might get up as far as us:

MU_Toulouse_avn.png

MU_Paris_avn.png

MU_Bruessel_avn.png

MU_De_Bilt_avn.png

Rtavn18011.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Nice photos, the storms may be back soon, i missed the blue king..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Are we talking all of uk or just you ruddy Southerners hogging all the action.

Posted

:rolleyes: We are talking too far away to make that call yet. 2nd August may be the time to tell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Erm us "ruddy Southerners" have seen very little action recently - the hoggers are up north!! :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Erm us "ruddy Southerners" have seen very little action recently - the hoggers are up north!! :diablo:

Exactly, its been very quiet for us in the South and West recently. Next weeks set up if it comes off could change that though. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I hope August does bring something, I haven't seen anything electrical for past couple of years! Come on Mother Nature do your thing.

Wasn't next month predicted to be a lot more settled than June/July though?