Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 6

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Now raining here - heavily! Main cell has paased to the west of us - Rob at Garvestone must be getting a pasting.B)

Posted

fork lightening and a crash of thunder!!!! wow!!!! in think this one coming is going to be bigger

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

well that was nice, almost continuous thunder for 10 mins, some nice pink lightning and a bit of heavy rain. Moved off very quickly though, but very welcome crumb from the rich man's table - even lost TV signal and power for a brief period laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Its gone really dark in braintree, constant rumblings...could be an intersting few minutes coming up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I can see blue sky now! i think ive had my fair share for today, its everyone elses turn.

if that stuff in the channel west of IoW isn't just Anaprop then it might turn into something???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Im sure i just heard the distant boom of thunder

Posted

Round 3 here in Mid Sussex now - oh the Ambassador spoils us!!!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Round 3 here in Mid Sussex now - oh the Ambassador spoils us!!!

Yes boom boom boom!!!

Posted

Hmmm, plenty of torrential rain, but not much in the way of thunder/lightening.

Oh well.

Posted

First one clearing - heading for N Norfolk coast. No lightning seen, but several deep rumbles and a fair downpour. Expecting more in a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

What a morning that was well between 10 am and 2pm!

Had thunderstorms go off between all that time, had about 5 of them pass over.

Storm number 1: was a cracking storm, it had constant thunder and lightning for about 45 mins to an hour, it actually produces hail and some amazing CG'S, thunder was quality!

Storm number 2: This wasn't a direct hit but it did clip us, we had some loud thunder and some pretty awsome lightning, thunder and lightning was ever 10-20 seconds, some fairly close strikes, it also let out 3 positive strike and sounds pretty damn amazing :D

Storm number 3: This storm actually developed over the IOW it self, it developed of the main thunderstorm that was already approching us, this little fella produce some very close CG' right on top of us the thunder was very loud indeed and shook the place!

Storm Number 4: This was the longest lasting storm and probably the best one, we could here this one rumbling away miles away getting closer and closer, as it was getting closer the thunder was like every 5-10 seonds, this produced many multiple CG'S one of the strikes produced 5 strikes in 1 :o, the lightning and thunder was getting louder and louder, when it got between Ventnor downs, along Sandown bay to culver where I was, we had witnessed some amazing CG'S, most of them multiple strikes, the thunder was car shakers and very cool and deep! it did lose some of its intensity as it went by us, and wasn't at frequent but was still letting out the odd CG every and then :) This storm lasted a good hour or so.

Storm number 5: This one didn't quite hit us but it clipped the far east of the IOW by bembridge, this one was qutie a good one, the lightning was rather quite frequent, ever 7-10 seconds and the thunder was constant. This still produced some heavy rain and the CG's was quite amazing but missed a load of them.

So all in all it was a very pleasant suprised considering we wasn't to have anything according to all charts and the Met office, and ended up proving them all wrong :D just goes to show you never know with the weather, always expect the unexpected, this actually boosts my thunderstorm count upto 14/15 i think but about 11th day of thunder :D I am one happy person after last nights depressingness :D

Good luck to everyone else too and enjoy the storms :)

Posted

Yeah I noticed that.

The low level cloud is moving SW. Whilst the Cells are moving NE.

Can someone explain that please?

Are you sure its low level cloud? the only SW vectors coming up for Southend on sea is the 1000hpa flow (18000ft) which would be the cirrus layer being thrown out ahead of the CF. Everything else underneath is still moving NE however.

Posted

Was just on the phone to one of my suppliers in Hove and there was a almight crack of thunder - think he nearly fell off of his chair :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Now raining here - heavily! Main cell has paased to the west of us - Rob at Garvestone must be getting a pasting.B)

A sort of embryo pasting har har!! Nothing like further south though (after June 2009 my expectations are rather high :D)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Round three could be the most potent of the lot!

Posted

Hold onto your hats! not sure if it will be quit as intense as before but have to wait ans see! trying to see cloud formation but covered so cant tell. Lightning I think to my south/west!

Not sure where it went moved away not sure if there will be more.

Posted

Hmmm, plenty of torrential rain, but not much in the way of thunder/lightening.

Oh well.

passed by now, nothing spectacular but after yesterday I'll bank it :D

Well apart from the rain and a few booms....what a damp squib......bet me Cricket is called off now and all for nothing :aggressive:

Here is hoping there is something up its sleeve to suprise us

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Clouds going different directions! :whistling:

Pouring down, no thunder heard since earlier :(

Posted

June '09 - I'm useless at remembering when good storms happened, but I think I remember. For me, the best were (I think) July '05 - evening storms with one SW and one NE of us and near-continuous lightning for at least 1/2 an hour.