Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective weather - 2nd-3rd November 2011

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Yes 14 is quite young, but I have been on here for 15 months now and I hope I've matured. I've definitely learnt a hell of a lot and the site has shaped my career path!

Rain looks amazing in N/C France; lucky SEerners and Eerners tonight- I hope for a more sse ring on it all to get a few more showers and thunder here.

Nick F- that skew-t chart is brilliant, a real iconic image for the atmosphere and the disturbances we can get. The fluctuations and the convection- fantastic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

the club in your sig seems a bit old? still cant believe your location not seen storms for 5 years, I would have thought a decent location

Ahh yes, thanks for pointing that out! See what a lack of storms does to me grrrr. Nope haven't had no luck in about 5 years now. Maybe another part of Glos or somewhere out in the wilderness has had one. But sadly nowt for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Also like to say it's quite cool to see staplehurst commenting, I recall commenting on his Look East audition- it's great to see someone with BBC experience posting, aswell as all of the other meteorologists/geniuses (Nick F etc).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well yea, I am a storm 'fanatic' but I don't let it get in the way of my day to day goings on. It is nice when there is potential there and I don't wish for anything more than to be standing in a field with my camera and tripod snapping away for lightning shots. Tbh i've got Storm Chase 2012 and Arizona chase to look forward to next year so i'm sure I will get more than my fair share of severe weather next year!

I thought I'd seen you in the USA storm chase threads, bet you'll have a fantastic time next spring! :)

I understand all the frustration some members have when storm's either just bypass their town, or never materialize anywhere near them, sometimes I'm as peed off as them...In fact, I bet in a alternate universe, there's an alternate me that's gone though 100 broken keyboards & 50 smashed monitors with even a sledgehammer imprint in the wall or two due to lack of storm frustration syndrome â„¢ but in this universe, I'm Mr Calm & Collected ....I think...... :crazy:

Posted

Does anyone think that the "Frenchy" will make it this time? Looks interesting for the far eastern side anyway.

Jane Louise. 5 years without a storm? you poor thing. For people who hate them perhaps you could advertise the fact. lol

To all the younger people here, wonderful that you are. my kids think I am a weather bore!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Wimbletten,

Come over to the No storms Club :D We can rant and rave together. I aint seen a storm in 5 whole years :cray: I'm looking to tomorrow I have a 51% chance of a storm again :whistling:

(Now I've gone and jinxed it again lol) :oops:

The clubs in my sig

Why you %&£*!@!!!!! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I don't want to put a downer on this, but I fear for some SE members sanity when the Met Office issue an apology for a the tea-lady who spilt a splodge of orange marmalade on the met office radar overlay!

Posted

I don't want to put a downer on this, but I fear for some SE members sanity when the Met Office issue an apology for a the tea-lady who spilt a splodge of orange marmalade on the met office radar overlay!

ROFL. I am off to Pilates but I am sure that that potential "Storm" clouds in the Channel will have evaporated when I get back. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Why you %&£*!@!!!!! :p

Shhhhh Carl, we may be ok yet but will definately know tomorrow for sure lol. Have you had any storms lately Carl? :whistling:

Posted

And for bringing back Memories!

Frenchie V1 - August 2011

311258_10150263090698341_735173340_7666557_840967_n.jpg

awesome! Miss those days of imports... maybe one day we'll be able to import a storm from France without it dying over the Channel :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Frenchie 2 is bloody intense!

Edited by Xerox

Posted

Makes me laugh when people argue about the weather, take a sit down, read the newspapr, have a cup of tea and come back in a bit whilst you calm down. The weather is the weather!

what an incredibly sensible post-sadly I fear those that should read it and act on it probably will not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Ian Ferguson tonight sayed that there could be large hail later tonight for our area which has made me a bit happier again. :)

Hope we get something.

Posted

Ian Ferguson tonight sayed that there could be large hail later tonight for our area which has made me a bit happier again. :)

Hope we get something.

poor Ian if he gets it wrong judging from some of your posts in here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Frenchie 2 is bloody intense!

Is frenchie v2 dying?

It's increased intensity from 1900-1915, by the looks of things, anyone east of the GMT line will get something interesting, anyone west of that can laugh at a PROB30. If anyone has the latest radar feed, please care to share!!

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

What is this frenchie word I keep seeing on peoples posts mean?

Posted

It's increased intensity from 1900-1915, by the looks of things, anyone east of the GMT line will get something interesting, anyone west of that can laugh at a PROB30. If anyone has the latest radar feed, please care to share!!

post-10606-0-44689600-1320349249_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A reference made about 2 months ago referring to a lump of moisture from a spanish plume, we called it 'frenchie'

Posted

Quite a significant area of moderate rainfall in itself, stretching from mid-channel (not long before its on the English coast) and just about discernable on the NW radar, but looks to be passing Paris on its back edge. That's 200 miles of a lot of rain to come, and slowly intensifying with each radar pass.

Posted

It was a potential import from France in the Summer in which the channel fizzled it out. A forum member named it 'Frenchie'! Benelux got a supercell from it so I remember.

Edited by lewisosd