Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective weather - 2nd-3rd November 2011

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The stuff moving up the Welsh border continues to look interesting; not sure if there is any electrical activity associated with it though? Will probably begin to decay soon but if it keeps strength I may get to see some distant lightning soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I was just and still am just dissapointed with the outcome of the weather.

Personally I am quite hurt that you said this. I don't understand what else I am suppose to do.

In all fairness, the best thing to do is take a leaf out of Jane Louise's book, and find humour in the situation & support members who like yourself are deeply mired in the No Storms Club, I mean you think you've had it bad? the poor lass hasn't had a storm in aeons, and is the biggest storm fanatic on NW, so she has the nightmare scenario!.....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Personally I am quite hurt that you said this. I don't understand what else I am suppose to do.

Try to relax in the first instance. The weather is a very dynamic event. It can only take a few degrees of temp or dew point to spoil your day. Take all things into consideration and read the forecasts with a little pessimism. I recall reading on a forecast that there was a 'chance' of thunderstorms, certainly not in my area but as it happened the weather (due to its dynamic structure) moved east towards me. I never got a storm today but am still hoping for later tonight and tomorrow.

I think of the weather a bit like fishing. You know the fish are there but will they bite?

For the record i'm an old git at 50. I've seen more fails than you have had hot dinners and still I get excited with the 'prospect' not 'certainty' of a good show.

As said before, relax and take a chill pill and let the weather come to you, as it certainly will :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

haha, ah Frenchie. Shame she pretty much died when she got this side of the Channel. But structurally and on the radar, it was amazing to watch at the time!

YES!!! ;):p Good times..Until it hit the channel..

Remember the hype surrounding 'Frenchie'. Was a good time radar watching! :p

Yeah, It had potential, it was absolutely huge, I remember comparing the inner intensity of it to the size of London at one time. Didn't the crap that spun of it bring Belux a Supercell?

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

I'm 16, and by the looks of it I will be gone before I have even reached my twenties.

Life just isn't interesting to me currently.

Sorry but I feel really bad at the moment.

Seriously mate, you haven't even started life yet! I'm a teacher and get 16 year olds like this all the time. Life is what you make of it. Go to college, learn, get a job, learn some more, see the world, make money, learn some more. It's a never ending cycle!

LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT A POOFY UK STORM!!!

Edited by lewisosd

Try to relax in the first instance. The weather is a very dynamic event. It can only take a few degrees of temp or dew point to spoil your day. Take all things into consideration and read the forecasts with a little pessimism. I recall reading on a forecast that there was a 'chance' of thunderstorms, certainly not in my area but as it happened the weather (due to its dynamic structure) moved east towards me. I never got a storm today but am still hoping for later tonight and tomorrow.

I think of the weather a bit like fishing. You know the fish are there but will they bite?

For the record i'm an old git at 50. I've seen more fails than you have had hot dinners and still I get excited with the 'prospect' not 'certainty' of a good show.

As said before, relax and take a chill pill and let the weather come to you, as it certainly will :winky:

My dad is 50..I don't call him an old git..Yet ;)

Posted

Yeah, It had potential, it was absolutely huge, I remember comparing the inner intensity of it to the size of London at one time. Didn't the crap that spun of it bring Belux a Supercell?

yes still remember the screen shots from satalitte. Looked like a massive puff ball sitting in NE France!

Edited by lewisosd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

My dad is 50..I don't call him an old git..Yet ;)

Of course he isn't, probably still running around on motorbikes like a nutter as I do!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Seriously mate, you haven't even started life yet! I'm a teacher and get 16 year olds like this all the time. Life is what you make of it. Go to college, learn, get a job, learn some more, see the world, make money, learn some more. It's a never ending cycle!

LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT A POOFY UK STORM!!!

:lol: ....quote of the day!......but to us storm fanatics, the answer is "YES IT IS!!!!!" :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I turned 14 in September- and have saw my fair share of storms!!

Oh wow 14? Didn't think the audience was as young as that here! But it's still great to see people of ALL ages!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Wimbletten,

Come over to the No storms Club :D We can rant and rave together. I aint seen a storm in 5 whole years :cray: I'm looking to tomorrow I have a 51% chance of a storm again :whistling:

(Now I've gone and jinxed it again lol) :oops:

The clubs in my sig

Posted

:lol: ....quote of the day!......but to us storm fanatics, the answer is "YES IT IS!!!!!" :lol:

Well yea, I am a storm 'fanatic' but I don't let it get in the way of my day to day goings on. It is nice when there is potential there and I don't wish for anything more than to be standing in a field with my camera and tripod snapping away for lightning shots. Tbh i've got Storm Chase 2012 and Arizona chase to look forward to next year so i'm sure I will get more than my fair share of severe weather next year!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Without the lows the highs won't be quite as good!

Storm chasing with Paul this year the day with the biggest low, ended up with the biggest high of our tour and one that was truly great. I have called it the dirt track day!

Posted

Oh wow 14? Didn't think the audience was as young as that here! But it's still great to see people of ALL ages!

Are we all CRB checked?! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We all get disappointed, but it's waste of time doing so as that is simply the nature of the weather and is why we love it and hate it.

Just relax and let it happen. They say a watched pot never boils!

Posted

Without the lows the highs won't be quite as good!

Storm chasing with Paul this year the day with the biggest low, ended up with the biggest high of our tour and one that was truly great. I have called it the dirt track day!

Lol Ed

I remember that day in SW Kansas on the Moderate Risk, I nearly clubbed poor Ian to death with his 5 Miles of Dirt road options, he thens whispers in my ear it is nearer 50 miles actually. But that day ended pretty damn amazing with the Dodge City LP Supercell, crazy HP Supercell Hail Core Punch and nearly a Tornado drop on our heads. Happy days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Wimbletten,

Come over to the No storms Club :D We can rant and rave together. I aint seen a storm in 5 whole years :cray: I'm looking to tomorrow I have a 51% chance of a storm again :whistling:

(Now I've gone and jinxed it again lol) :oops:

The clubs in my sig

the club in your sig seems a bit old? still cant believe your location not seen storms for 5 years, I would have thought a decent location

Posted

I didn't expect to be posting in a convective thread again this year, but things are certainly looking interesting going into tomorrow. Just read a Fergietweet saying the UKMO hail modeling indicates possible 10-15mm hail.