Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective weather - 2nd-3rd November 2011

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

So no I Depth Forecast then wimblettben ??

Waiting in anticipation, might go on a chase tomorrow and yours in the first forecast I will look for.

Where is that Sarcastic Smiley when you need him!

What are you talking about? Edited by wimblettben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Wimblettben- maybe it's not 11.1c in C London, and with a humidity of 94% it will feel tropical.

And for the look west forecast- I'm sure there HAS been thunder in the SW and CS, just because you haven't doesn't mean no one in the area has.

Posted

What are you talking about?

Can you give us all an In Depth Forecast seeing as you got the 1 rumble of thunder spot on in the North East and poured scorn on others when they give up their free time forecasting when parameters look good.

1 bit of advice - Never ever go on a Storm Chase as you will be very very disappointed

Posted

Chill guys, chill! Seriously, no need for arguements! It's only weather and we all know what the UK is like for storms! You should know that by now! A forecast for tomorrow would be good! Just keeping my eye on this band of rain moving towards me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Can you give us all an In Depth Forecast seeing as you got the 1 rumble of thunder spot on in the North East and poured scorn on others when they give up their free time forecasting when parameters look good.

1 bit of advice - Never ever go on a Storm Chase as you will be very very disappointed

I am not pouring scorn on anybody, why are you saying that?

Posted

lol :rofl:

Posted

Dan, if you can read this, I've replied via pm, and have asked for said post to be withdrawn....Apologies :)

Cheers mate, apprecaited - I've PM'd back.

And to my lovely friend in Mere, Wiltshire - there were numerous strikes detected and noted in Dorset earlier today - oops!

Edited by staplehurst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Seems that rain/storm has moved rather too quickly :( I wonder if we will get anymore.

Posted

It wouldn't really.

At least with Artificial fireworks you can be garanteed that you will actually see them and not be chasing around risks all the time!

Actually I prefer Natures Fireworks. Saw a Woman have her foot blown off by a Firework at a properly run show years ago!!

Natures Fireworks are just that, Nature.

Some people are scared of Lightening, but I am not one of them. We may even get more tonight if we are lucky. Humidity very high here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Makes me laugh when people argue about the weather, take a sit down, read the newspapr, have a cup of tea and come back in a bit whilst you calm down. The weather is the weather!

Posted

Your posts are trying to gauge arguement in this thread saying there has hardly been any Lightning today and that Forecasters should not have Issued the risks they Issued, A Tornado has occured today, there has been lots of Lightning but because it has not happened in your back yard you feel deprived. The Skew-T Nick Posted earlier showed quite a Volatile atmosphere for November (It would have looked decent enough in July or August) Strong upper Southerly winds with Surface South Easterly winds is pretty much the mecca for what you look for with regards to the more severe storms...................but it cant happen everywhere and on every dot of the Uk. Why not get in your car or on your bike and go to where the storms are, you will be very disappointed if you expect them to have a party over your house every time there is a risk

If anyone can remember this conversation a couple of months ago.... is 'frenchie' about to make a return?

Oh how that would be lovely..And who was it that came up with the name with me ? :p This would be frenchie 3 by the way guys...

Stop the hype..I am probably the youngest here at 17 and not sure how old all you guys are but reading back sounds like something that would break out among us youngers..:/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

If anyone can remember this conversation a couple of months ago.... is 'frenchie' about to make a return?

The latest euro view showing some serious rainfall heading towards the SE. :excl:

Yeah, I remember 'Frenchie' it was me who named her!!! :acute:

And holy smokes Cloud 10, is that convective? LOL!

Posted

Your posts are trying to gauge arguement in this thread saying there has hardly been any Lightning today and that Forecasters should not have Issued the risks they Issued, A Tornado has occured today, there has been lots of Lightning but because it has not happened in your back yard you feel deprived. The Skew-T Nick Posted earlier showed quite a Volatile atmosphere for November (It would have looked decent enough in July or August) Strong upper Southerly winds with Surface South Easterly winds is pretty much the mecca for what you look for with regards to the more severe storms...................but it cant happen everywhere and on every dot of the Uk. Why not get in your car or on your bike and go to where the storms are, you will be very disappointed if you expect them to have a party over your house every time there is a risk

I was just and still am just dissapointed with the outcome of the weather.

Personally I am quite hurt that you said this. I don't understand what else I am suppose to do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

staplehurst well done with your first broadcast :)

Posted

I was just and still am just dissapointed with the outcome of the weather.

Personally I am quite hurt that you said this. I don't understand what else I am suppose to do.

Sit back, relax and let the weather take it's course

Posted

Yeah, I remember 'Frenchie' it was me who named her!!! :acute:

And holy smokes Cloud 10, is that convective? LOL!

haha, ah Frenchie. Shame she pretty much died when she got this side of the Channel. But structurally and on the radar, it was amazing to watch at the time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Oh how that would be lovely..And who was it that came up with the name with me ? :p This would be frenchie 3 by the way guys...

Stop the hype..I am probably the youngest here at 17 and not sure how old all you guys are but reading back sounds like something that would break out among us youngers..:/

I've just turned 18, glad to see some younger enthusiasts! :good:

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just like to say that we had a great afternoon downpour in Brighton with lots of pluvial flooding and regular thunder. Loved it! Bonus storms in November are great. No moaning from me!

Posted

YES!!! ;):p Good times..Until it hit the channel..

Remember the hype surrounding 'Frenchie'. Was a good time radar watching! :p

Posted

Sit back, relax and let the weather take it's course

Lewis said it all really.

End of Story - Will let Jane Louise know you will be letting off steam in the "No Storms Club" Thread :good:

Posted

I'm 16, and by the looks of it I will be gone before I have even reached my twenties.

Life just isn't interesting to me currently.

Sorry but I feel really bad at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

wimblettben - if you think you're frustrated, imagine what Jane Louise and me (to name just 2 members here) have been through storm wise this year. All I've seen this year is a few flashes in May (on the 8th) and on 2 nights in August....and haven't seen a storm close up for over 3 years now. If I have learned anything from this year...it is that the weather will do what it will do...no matter how maddening that can be sometimes. I understand your frustration only to well....but try to chill.