Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold Spell Discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I think I might have to eat my earlier words about tonight's event being a damp squib for the Moray Firth... Could be quite some sleety rain overnight.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
Anyone reckon perth might get anything today - tonight?
Aye!

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Ooooh that looks like me tonight then - better feed the hens now and get it over with ! Is getting very cloudy here now, all blue sky gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

snow is back in cumbie - white skies, big flakes - starting out slow but the sky looks like its got a fair load to drop

Posted

prectypeuktopo.png

Looking not bad for me too! Sun has gone here also, and it's getting very dull. Currently 2c.

Posted

snow at Haggs near Kilsyth now moving north and east!

Posted

looking at the raintoday site, it looks like glasgow will have another half an hour or so of the current fall, maybe a little bit more shortly after that

although according to reports and forecasts ive seen, this current snow should be falling as rain - i wonder if it knows lol

Posted

Could anyone tell me if it is going to snow in somerset please? Its dull and cloudy im just hoping its not rain

No i dont think so, its not cold enough here in somerset just yet :L would be nice if it could though

Posted

Could anyone tell me if it is going to snow in somerset please? Its dull and cloudy im just hoping its not rain

Rain for you sorry!

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

It's kind of sleety rain and wet snow here with a thaw of lying snow. I want to get rid off this band and hold onto the remains of the snow cover. Still pretty decent with roofs, some trees, pavement, some roads and garderns and all covered in a decent layer of snow of 2-5cm and everything all white.

Posted

It's kind of sleety rain and wet snow here with a thaw of lying snow. I want to get rid off this band and hold onto the remains of the snow cover. Still pretty decent with roofs, some trees, pavement, some roads and garderns and all covered in a decent layer of snow of 2-5cm and everything all white.

Strange temp is dropping from 2.2c to 1.8c near me! Not at home so relying on my altitude expecting heavy snow on my hill when I get back from Edinburgh.

P.S cloudy but quiet here!

Posted

You really do not know how much I envy you right now and to think this time last year it wasn't even an issue. :D

Posted

How accurate are they charts?

Not too bad. If only looking a few hours ahead they are usually about right. But you know how fickle snow is 0.5c either way and you get sleet or snow or rain!

Posted

heavier now in cumbie area, sky really is looking heavy! Once this band passes though, the radar is looking quiet for the next short while as far as i can see...

Posted

A rather heavy half hour long snow shower just stopped. It is now just very light snow trickling from the dark clouds, I suspect a good dumping is on it's way. Current temp of 0C and Dew point 0C aswell, with a current depth of 6 inches lying after no melt at all this morning. Bring on that front!!!

On a side note that heavy shower that just stopped contained some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen, I managed to measure one at 2 inches across, however there were bigger ones falling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, snow and wild wind:-) x

Hi friends, I am about 8 miles outside Duns in the Borders. Do you think we will see any snow here this afternoon/evening? x The sky is a dirty grey right now so I am rather hopeful that it will drop large white flakes of snow on us soon:-) xx Wishing you all a warm and safe evening. x

Posted

Hi friends, I am about 8 miles outside Duns in the Borders. Do you think we will see any snow here this afternoon/evening? x The sky is a dirty grey right now so I am rather hopeful that it will drop large white flakes of snow on us soon:-) xx Wishing you all a warm and safe evening. x

Radar says you might see some snow about 4pm.