Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England - Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Shouldn't really affect it that much on the outside, heating doesn't melt frost/snow off roof tops does it? But I suppose 0.5c isn't that much.

If your within the guidlines of Wunderground (5 feet above a rooftop)then it should not have any affect at all on the sensor?

It's sat on the chimney.

The one on the roof says 4.4C

The one at Met Office standards says 3.3C :)

I really do. Makes it worse that a car just went past with snow on it, so it got close. This weather synoptic just likes to make me tear my hair out.

If I still had my car I'd be out chasing. As it is, I have no car and an inability to keep getting out of bed to check the lampost because my non-weather loving other half is asleep and there would be hell to pay if I woke her up over a couple of flakes of snow.

Must of been getting quite a pasting from that shower then. Damn it missed me by less than 5 miles. All I have been having is hail and very wet snow. :(

Posted

Nah, the sensor is on the roof. Being warmed by the heating. It's about 0.5 to 0.7C out.

All weather stations in the surrounding area are showing 3-5.c, where you getting 0.5 from?

Anyway the snow continues here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I really do. Makes it worse that a car just went past with snow on it, so it got close. This weather synoptic just likes to make me tear my hair out.

Think about me then ive been hunting a repeat of feb 1991 for 21 years, moving 4 years ago then everwhere i had been gets a pasting, that said the amount of snow i have seen the 2 winters is still more than i ever would have dreamed of seeing up untill 3 years ago and a heck of a lot more than a lot of people.