Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold & Windy Spell Discussion 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

this the bad boy

That looks like some bluddy cartoon whale poppin it's heed oot the water :doh:

Big Innes.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
Are you all hiding under your beds already? Very quiet in here, or are you all in garden removing everything that could fly away? hehe
Calm before the storm...cup of tea going to watch the Frozen planet at 9pm..hopefully it will be replicated in Scotland 9pm tomorrow! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

I'm kinda sitting waiting - having had irritating conversation with sceptical parents - one still thinks driving 25 miles out of the city on an open road that's usually very windswept at around 2.30pm tomorrow until 4pm tomorrow will be fine, oh and then again first thing on Friday 9am, and the other one doesn't believe anything's going to happen tomorrow because last weekend it said the dramatic weather would be over by Wednesday ie today, so it shows 'they' are always wrong.

sigh.

How did I grow up this logical? Am I in fact Mr Spock's secret child, swapped in the early weeks with my parents' real child, and grown up as a rational changeling in a housefull of bonkers people?

Posted

Just catching up on everything and :excl: :o

Trampoline tied down, bird feeders and pots away, hanging baskets on the floor, under bed cleared........

Calm but cold at present, 1.5C

Posted

Just in Nevis Range open on Saturday along with Glencoe...I've got to get up there!

We plan to open for skiing this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, 9.30am-3.30pm. Opening will be dependent on the weather over the next 2 days, as well as the weather at the weekend. In terms of lifts, we will be able to open Alpha and the Quad chair, and we may get the Goose t-bar open later in the day. We will update the snow conditions as soon as we have this information. Day tickets will be £20 adults and £13 child. Ski hire will be open at the weekend and the Snowgoose bar will be serving breakfast rolls, soup, filled rolls, baking, coffees etc. smilie5.gif

[snowsports.nevisrange.co.uk]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

::shakes NS's hand - I knew Lewis in my younger years, and was shocked to hear the news. It hits hard in small communities, I know...

I get the impression from the main forecasts that the snow on Friday is unlikely to be as far as Edinburgh, but that's little help! I'm still very much a novice, lurked here two years but still floundering madly much of the time in translating the more technical posts (top marks to the John Holmes chap for writing in actual plain English!)

There is finally just a tiny breeze getting up here. The absolute stillness, with the knowledge of What Is To Come, was getting a bit spooky :-)

what did Lewis do?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

what did Lewis do?

He means the Island in Na h-Eileanan An Iar

Posted

what did Lewis do?

The island of Lewis, not a person! don't want to derail the thread too much - info here on a thick-headed lummock of the first order http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16068297

Posted

Do I need to hide under the floorboards? Just say the word. :D

you need an excuse? :search: ... OK then just save some of what's down there you may need some for Hogmanay!!

Posted

Borders schools will close at lunchtime tomorrow. They were already sending out a warning text at 3.30pm this afternoon, have to say I was quite impressed with their efficiency!

Very calm here at the moment, almost eerie when you think of what is going to hit us tomorrow....

Posted

everything tied down, stored or whatever.. The wind is my least favourite weather although I work from home my office is upstairs so I think I'd better move PC downstairs..

any more news of what the NE can expect on Friday morning, are we talking the far North NE only or Aberdeenshire area this time too, or will it depend on the eventual track?

Posted

Right.

House has lots of food - check.

No requirements for leaving house tomorrow - check.

Bottle of Caol Ila - check.

Key to coal-cellar, whereabouts of - check.

Ok, I reckon that's me prepared. the MetO site says "Take Action" so I have done, I've prepared for tomorrow.

Have a good night, all. And I hope very much to see you all again....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Going to head down the coast tomorrow and get some pics and video of this storm, can't wait! :D

Posted

everything tied down, stored or whatever.. The wind is my least favourite weather although I work from home my office is upstairs so I think I'd better move PC downstairs..

any more news of what the NE can expect on Friday morning, are we talking the far North NE only or Aberdeenshire area this time too, or will it depend on the eventual track?

My kids rooms are upstairs in the attic conversion, thinking about bringing the xbox downstairs tomorrow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

The island of Lewis, not a person! don't want to derail the thread too much - info here on a thick-headed lummock of the first order http://www.bbc.co.uk...slands-16068297

Sorry O/T I know. But my god...Wright is an utter roaster :shok: Even his apology was qualified with "I know that some of you have been upset by some comments ... and I would like to apologise if that was the case."

"If" ? :o

He should have put a full stop after the word "apologise" and left it there.

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Thanks guys!

I am just getting into weather photography, got myself a nice new Canon DSLR camera and want to make good use of it :)

Posted

East Dunbartonshire council are a bunch of *****! They are going to have a meeting about what they are going to do with the services in the council at 8.30am Thursday! Just brilliant.

Posted

Thanks guys!

I am just getting into weather photography, got myself a nice new Canon DSLR camera and want to make good use of it :)

Make sure you hold on to it tightly, would be a shame to lose such a nice camera ;)

East Dunbartonshire council are a bunch of *****! They are going to have a meeting about what they are going to do with the services in the council at 8.30am Thursday! Just brilliant.

That is terrible, by the time they decide, most parents will have dropped off kids and be on the way to work!! Still nothing from Fife council, annoying me now.