Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

nice pic issac not as much as here but a great scene for sure.

my cheapo mobile doesnt take pics i think its that oldit thinks it needs to be 061 for local numbers

Yeah you probs right although had more since

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

and the good news meto have the sleet/snow showers all day and early evening

could be some nice totals for some places if this continues

just cold rain thought ATM in south cheshire

C.S

Posted

lol there will be no more this year by the looks of things.

and i aint joking lol

I know the model output can only be descibed as grim at the moment, but I wouldn't rule out any surprises. At the beginning of this week I certainly wasn't expecting to have a solid snow cover on the ground from 5am Friday lasting 48 hours+.

Although I was always thinking this winter the coldest part will be from mid January onwards and it does look like going this way, especially if the strat keeps warming the way its going. But until then I am getting worried we'll have a set up similar to November. Lets hope that high settles over us and gives us some decent frosts. But thats looking unlikely now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Damp here after rain showers, I can't seem to manage to hold onto a frost and it's vanished yet again overnight! Temp currrently 2.1c.

May have a run over Alston way to go and see some real snow, the Nenthead webcam looking pretty good. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/content/webcams/nenthead_webcam.shtml

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Wahey now that's proper snow, a good 2 1/2 inches here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

We had a half hour hail shower at 5 this morning bloody woke me up. Left quite a view outside. The wife woke me up this mornig bout 8 and screamed its been snowing lol

Posted

another light snow shower - I followed the track on raintoday (snowdar) and it literally started as a speck just off the coast of fleetwood at 07:10 - fast foward nearly two hours later and it's producing snow fall in parts of Manchester. Wonder if there will be more of these self-generating showers through the day?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Nice covering here. What's the forecast, will snow hsowers continue thoughout the day or will the cloud break up?

Snowing here. This must be teh band the people of Saddleworth and Oldham have had :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It's been said before, but I have been impressed by the fact that even though the atmospheric profile hasn't been very conducive to northern blocking/cold etc we've still managed a good few days of snow this monrth! Granted alot of people haven't seen much but it could have been a lot worse! It makes me wonder if things change and we get more northern blocking later in winter how cold it might potentially get.

Posted

Heavysnow here :o This is awesome"

IS the cloud expected to break up today at all?

It's been said before, but I have been impressed by the fact that even though the atmospheric profile hasn't been very conducive to northern blocking/cold etc we've still managed a good few days of snow this monrth! Granted alot of people haven't seen much but it could have been a lot worse! It makes me wonder if things change and we get more northern blocking later in winter how cold it might potentially get.

Looking outside I am delighted. As you said and even two weeks ago maybe I did not expect this. Quite a few unexpected events.

Posted

Random shower here, it keeps alternating between snow, hail, snizzle and large rain drops.

Pure snow here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Such a nice sunny SNOWLESS morning!

Be nice to have some milder weather this week, then I won't feel so bad about not having any snow :spiteful:

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

With 4 inches of snow and a single track main road it looks like our annual trip down to Manchester and the Christmas Markets are off. Oh dear i might just have to take the oportunity to go for a nice long winter walk.

Posted

Think im on the edge of them again this morning, just like yesterday.

Yeah, shame because Macclesfield would, I assume, be good regarding accumulations.

I want to head out with my tripod and DSLR. Didn't do yesterday as it was dull and rubbish. Eager to do so today pending right conditions.

Posted

Anybody in Oldham tell me what it is like due to drive home from southport shortly

Posted

Yeah, shame because Macclesfield would, I assume, be good regarding accumulations.

I want to head out with my tripod and DSLR. Didn't do yesterday as it was dull and rubbish. Eager to do so today pending right conditions.

Yeah, we probably would of got some decent amounts, not done that badly though, friday we got 10cm, yesterday and last night another 5cm at a guess id say.

I went up the hills yesterday afternoon, couldnt see a thing past 20m. Typical im in work on the day it looks like being clearer.

Posted

Hmm, that maybe it now for PPN according to radar.

That's it, I am off out to enoy the snow :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

woke up to two or three inch of snow. nice surprise was that. very happy indeed :)

Posted

Well Well where did this snow come from? Just woken up to it now! Got quite a bit! Just spoke to my mates who went into town last night and said taxi's were off at one point cause of the snow! Another surprise :drinks: