Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

*sniffs armpits*

Just taken the dog and it's bitter out there. The pavements and roads are very slippy. Thick ice on the cars and that lovely crunch you get when you walk on the frozen grass.

Current temp -1.6c

Dewpoint -1.7c

Crystal clear skies. Perfect for stargazing.

Hi there, thanks for the welcome on the other thread you've just closed ;) just my luck that lol....yeah your just up the road from me, i noticed you last week on here as i have been following the Atlantic storms thread all week before joining today. I sometimes use the name Lancs Lass too lol or hotpot! So i saw you weren't far from me.nice to meet you btw.

It's freezing here which im sufe its the same in Preston,depending which part your in, a bit flat here in Leyland, all crunchy underfoot though like you say, im hoping its going to be mild on the 22nd as we have an important appointment at Alder Hey childrens hospital with my son, so hoping Liverpool is going to be mild.

Dam it i have the same forum for my site but it just doesnt like my ipad! My last post i couldnt find the bottom of the coding, so what ive typed has sort of mingled in with your post Lancashire Lass, sorry about that, i know its a pain, but i cant change it, forgetting im just for once, not the admin lol ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

2.0C currently, heading towards the first airfrost of the winter!!

The Northwesterly that was forecast hasn't come off, and so unsurprisingly the temperature is falling - no surprises though, some of the short term forecasting of late has been chronic.

Posted

Snow showers for yorkshire early morning :)

Yep. BBC Just mentioned a band of showers heading South first thing tomorrow. They're showing on the Meto map too. Let's hope they arrive before the temp rises too much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

2.0C currently, heading towards the first airfrost of the winter!!

The Northwesterly that was forecast hasn't come off, and so unsurprisingly the temperature is falling - no surprises though, some of the short term forecasting of late has been chronic.

My temperature keeps fluctuating between 1.8C and 1.4C under clear skies,

Just seems we CANNOT achieve an air frost, and it is annoying me greatly..

1.4C right now. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I think an air frost will be achieved eventually tonight, as the NW breeze hasn't really materialised as it was supposed to. I'll most likely achieve that before you do though!

Posted

Yep. BBC Just mentioned a band of showers heading South first thing tomorrow. They're showing on the Meto map too. Let's hope they arrive before the temp rises too much!

Do you live in osgodby next to cayton? I surf cayton and cayton point and all the coast north too

Posted

I think an air frost will be achieved eventually tonight, as the NW breeze hasn't really materialised as it was supposed to. I'll most likely achieve that before you do though!

I think the Isles of Scilly will achieve an airfrost before I do mate...

Posted

Do you live in osgodby next to cayton? I surf cayton and cayton point and all the coast north too

I do mate. A cracking spot it is too! You get some ace seas up here when the set-ups right. Cayton bay especially!

We've had one of those nights where it's great to live on the coast! A nice dusting from snow showers up here. Makes a change from it raining here whilst everywhere else gets it!

Posted

Temperature is going down now a little, but it's slow progress.. it will reach 0C by dawn though, that there's little question of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

BBC forecasting snow showers early tomorrow.. not had settling snow yet so hoping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Just had another peer into the model discussion thread, really wish I hadn't. :(

Atlantic storms - run up to Christmas thread is more interesting if you're looking for some movement in our weather this week. That's where I'll be lurking for the next day or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Sick bag needed if you view FI on the GFS 18z :smiliz57:

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Don't be looking past around 6-8 days on the models. It's just not accurate, and it will be flipping around all of the time.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

That's the only keeping me positive!

*says prayer* :rofl:

The definite trend seems to be blocking in the wrong place if you're hoping for cold, we may even see temps temporarily pushing double figures this week.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I do mate. A cracking spot it is too! You get some ace seas up here when the set-ups right. Cayton bay especially!

We've had one of those nights where it's great to live on the coast! A nice dusting from snow showers up here. Makes a change from it raining here whilst everywhere else gets it!

Ive been surfing the north east coast for 5 years :). Recently surfed the caithness coast at scotland thurso

Posted

Its been fairly consistent though (considering it is FI) so it must be at least a plausible scenario.

Anyhow temperature is plummeting now, I think we may fall to 0C by midnight easy at this rate.

Posted

Its been fairly consistent though (considering it is FI) so it must be at least a plausible scenario.

Anyhow temperature is plummeting now, I think we may fall to 0C by midnight easy at this rate.

That low that was supposed to hit Thursday was consistent for days, then got shunted about 250 miles south within the reliable. Things change quickly.

1.3C here.

Posted

1.6C here and falling at a rate of 1C/hr so possibly just after midnight, for 0C

wow really poor forecasting indeed - minimum of 3C tonight apparently.. very poor indeed!

Posted

1.6C here and falling at a rate of 1C/hr so possibly just after midnight, for 0C

wow really poor forecasting indeed - minimum of 3C tonight apparently.. very poor indeed!

Finally got a decent drop rate going. 1.2C now. May just beat you.

Posted

Finally got a decent drop rate going. 1.2C now. May just beat you.

Very much doubt its really dropping here, 1.2C here too!

Posted

I'm sure Gavin will be back to post charts and remind us! :)

Not to mention that directly rub in it your face profile pic of his which is clear view every time he posts whether you're viewing a thread from the inside or outside.

Don't think I've seen anything as irritating in my entire life and and that's saying something.

Posted

1.1C. Come on. :)

Not to mention that directly rub in it your face profile pic of his which is clear view every time he posts whether you're viewing a thread from the inside or outside.

Don't think I've seen anything as irritating in my entire life and and that's saying something.

Please give me the ability to give this post +10 rep, but I'm pretty sure someone will delete it. :lol: