Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Old Paul on look north said no chance of a white Christmas ( then he joked about been wrong sometimes)

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Had some sleet showers this evening. Snow reported in the Wolds and the North York Moors. First wintry convection off the North Sea in over a year. Icing over now roads quite bad wet ground and 0.0C is a bad combination.

Posted

We've not even managed sleet from any of these showers so far, they've all been of rain. Still waiting for the first air frost of the season too, not a very good start to the winter here to be honest, hopefully we can manage one of these before it gets milder next week.

Posted

It's a bit fresh! A good hard frost after a couple of sleety hail showers last night has left the place a bit slippy!

Here's hoping we can get a couple of showers today, We may just see the first snow!

Posted

BBC forecast suggesting risk of snow from the front passing on Monday. Several hours of snowfall possible before turning to rain on the back edge with the main risk been NE England and Scotland. Graphics just showed rain mind but it does hold some optimism that Yorkshire may finally see something widespread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

BBC forecast suggesting risk of snow from the front passing on Monday. Several hours of snowfall possible before turning to rain on the back edge with the main risk been NE England and Scotland. Graphics just showed rain mind but it does hold some optimism that Yorkshire may finally see something widespread.

Let's hope, but not being optimistic.

Posted

Well, we saw more showers than I thought. Shame it's only sleet and hail. Keep getting temporary dusting's but it's just not cold enough to settle. Showers look to die out too when the temp drops later.

It's gonna be a mega icy one in the morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Woo hoo :)

-0.2c here with a nice frost covering everything :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Hiya Liam. It appears we North Westerners can talk for England. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Shame i was at work today. Would love to of drove to somewhere near to the coast but above 150m asl to see some snow. Tempted to go now but looks like showers will start to fade out to sea.

Just saw the BBC forecast no snow graphics for Monday apart from Scotland where did you see this mate?

Cheers,

Vizzy

Posted

indeed, from 0-60+ pages in less than two days! :rofl:

Edited by Liam J

Posted

What have you done to all the North West members LL? :w00t:

*watches tumbleweed fly past* :p

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Well as I said the graphics showed rain. Just saw the latest forecast (9:25 BBC News) and again 'risk of snow over higher ground across peak district, pennines and several cm's down to lower levels across Scotland'. Emphasis on it taking along time for it turn back to snow. A few speckles of white over central northern england on the graphics too.

Dunno about your location 'Vizzy' perhaps snow on the leading edge?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temperature refusing to drop under clear skies... AGAIN!

1.6C. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

I'm still here ..... Only posting so I can see if my signature amuses anyone or is it just me? I need a gin after peeking at the model discussion thread :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Woo hoo :)

-0.2c here with a nice frost covering everything :good:

Might want to change your signature mate, the bit where your minimum temperature is 0.1c. :)

I'm still here ..... Only posting so I can see if my signature amuses anyone or is it just me? I need a gin after peeking at the model discussion thread :-(

I like your signature made me laugh :D

Posted

Shame i was at work today. Would love to of drove to somewhere near to the coast but above 150m asl to see some snow. Tempted to go now but looks like showers will start to fade out to sea.

Just saw the BBC forecast no snow graphics for Monday apart from Scotland where did you see this mate?

Cheers,

Vizzy

After the sleet and hail earlier, the temps have dropped enough to give us snow. We've had a couple of moderate showers in the last hour which has given us a nice covering. :good:

I'm keeping an eye on the radar and just as i think we've seen the last, more seem to form.

When you get the chance mate, Ravenscar is an ace spot. Really good elevation for a coastal location. Top of there is about 180m ASL.

Posted

Might want to change your signature mate, the bit where your minimum temperature is 0.1c. :)

LOL it was actually lower last night, thanks for reminding me all updated now :)

Jeez my lowest temp is only -0.4c of the Autumn/Winter so far!!

Edited by Liam J

Posted

If what some are foreseeing does come off then I think I might avoid this place for a while before coming at a later date and seeing what the situation is by then.

Just can't stand the thought of endless mild conditions and doom and gloom with Gavin D reveling in it all, not to mention his stupid, stupid profile pic which is already starting to really get my back up :angry:

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

What have you done to all the North West members LL? :w00t:

*watches tumbleweed fly past* :p

*sniffs armpits*

Just taken the dog and it's bitter out there. The pavements and roads are very slippy. Thick ice on the cars and that lovely crunch you get when you walk on the frozen grass.

Current temp -1.6c

Dewpoint -1.7c

Crystal clear skies. Perfect for stargazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I have to admit i have my first frost tonight. Air or ground i dunno but also dont care. Frost is frost. Thick layer on cars but not grass from what i can see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Like a skating rink here and has been all day after last nights dusting, but its like a skating rink in patches rather than completely iced over , which in my mind makes it even more lethal because it lulls you into a false sense of security, mind you my trainers are 2 years old and have no grips so that could explain why i nearly went.