Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

ok maybe not lol, but way too far south for my liking lol

Probably so but I wouldn't take that as being accurate. They may bring them back later. This lot we had overnight was further north than was forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

Probably so but I wouldn't take that as being accurate. They may bring them back later. This lot we had overnight was further north than was forecast.

hope so, not going to write it off just yet then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Raining here now :(, washed away what was left of this morning's snow :( :(. I wonder if that's it until after Xmas now ???

Posted

Covering of snow this morning, was nice to see. A good few cm's further west across much of Bradford.

About tonight- our only opportunity is if some showers form ahead of the low which even then isn't looking likely .

I don't expect the low to track any further north than N.Birmingham.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

A light dusting in the west of Sheffield, a pleasent surprise!

You told me on fb it was frosty this morning Mark. :whistling:

All joking aside, good too see some members got some fairly surprising snowfall, as I always say, the computer models/forecasts can say what they like but in some cases its about watching that radar and see occurs.

Posted

Despite forecasts saying no I still have a nagging hope that it might just push further enough north!

Posted

dont think we will see anything really, was supprised to have a whiteout this morning, still cant stop checking threads though....still hoping for a miracle, nothing happening at all here at the moment :lazy:

Posted

so has anyone got any ideas what might happen in good old yorkshire tonight?

Looking at the radar there seems to be something ahead of the storm system moving ENE towards Yorkshire. Will the Pennines kill this

Looking at the radar there seems to be something ahead of the storm system moving ENE towards Yorkshire. Will the Pennines kill this

Also looking at the radar the system looks like it will have cleared the south east coast fairly quickly

Posted

A few charts from the NMM on extra.....

post-1669-0-08970200-1323989879_thumb.pn

Looks like we have a lot going for our area, just not the precipitation. With a bit of luck we may get something out of this. The radar is showing an area of light precip moving in from the SW. This is the northern edge of the LP system. Will it make it? lol :D

Posted

oooh so not all chances gone then, there may still be a slight chance, fingers crossed then

Posted

A few charts from the NMM on extra.....

post-1669-0-08970200-1323989879_thumb.pn

Looks like we have a lot going for our area, just not the precipitation. With a bit of luck we may get something out of this. The radar is showing an area of light precip moving in from the SW. This is the northern edge of the LP system. Will it make it? lol :D

Well its certainly further north than projected thats for sure. Theres also a feature over wales which may skim south Yorkshire if we are lucky.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Indeed, the low is still pushing northward and the back edge is as far north as Liverpool.

If it moves W>E with no southward movement then it is possible that Sheffield may see something from this.

Definitely further north than projected though.

Posted

The northward movement is stalling at the moment but there are fragments loose and moving fairly quickly in a northerly direction. Soooooooo close....

Posted

The northward movement is stalling at the moment but there are fragments loose and moving fairly quickly in a northerly direction. Soooooooo close....

Northern edge has jumped again in the last 10mins esp on the eastern flank due to the pivotal movement, maybe as far north as Lincoln on the eastern side?

Posted

how is it looking at the mo guys, and does my area have any hope, i need to go to bed soon lol

Edited by snowflake88

Posted

The northern extent is Mansfield at the moment so it it is very possible that Sheffield/Barnsley could catch it for a while.

The back edge sticks up much further north so that may be what we should look for.

I shall make one more post in a few hours before i go to sleep.

Posted

The northern extent is Mansfield at the moment so it it is very possible that Sheffield/Barnsley could catch it for a while.

The back edge sticks up much further north so that may be what we should look for.

I shall make one more post in a few hours before i go to sleep.

Its the area over n.Wales we need to watch, its growing in intensity and expanding northwards albeit it at a slow rate.

Expecting it to hit around around 6am but we will need a significant increase in intensity if it can make it past the pennines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

0.3c here, dew point -0.4c.. perfect snow conditions! Shame the precipitation is in the wrong place at the wrong time..

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Forum eats the post again

No new snow here and a dry weekend coming up so the only fresh white stuff we may see is frost. Maybe even an air frost.

Posted

Forum eats the post again

No new snow here and a dry weekend coming up so the only fresh white stuff we may see is frost. Maybe even an air frost.

At least you got very close.