Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Wow!!! 0.2c and a covering be it of light snow in West Manchester!! This is bit lik 2009 and 2010 we had a spell of cold and snow then mild then temps ipped againd to give us that prolonged spell of snow and cold. This pattern seems the same but alittle later. We have mild leading up to xmas and then temps fall again. Think that is correct.

Just started again here, must be the last of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Nice orangy grey sky, thick covering and fait juicy flakes floating down.... really heavy snow :D

Posted

Nice orangy grey sky, thick covering and fait juicy flakes floating down.... really heavy snow :D

Mate am starved here send me some pics!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well happy for you HD

just a very light covering of hail/wet snow here

northern parts of the region seem to have got what southern parts got on friday

nice to see all parts of the region have seen snow from this short spell of wintry weather

looking forward to jan/feb now

C.S

Posted

HEHEHEHE really big fat flakes just been outside over an inch easily and today is going to be FUN :clap::cold::yahoo:

Anyone who likes a walk in the snow or a bit of sledging i suggest saddleworth today it might be the last chance for the year and there is plnety enough even if we see a slow thaw later

Can't believe I have missed this event, picked the wrong night to take my misses away lol

Posted

still belting down just measured outside on the faithful wheelie bin and there is jus over 2 inches which is a damn good event.

God dam lol......just looked at the radar seemed to have benn right in line with that streamer! Hopefully it will stay and I will get to see some this afternoon

Posted

Just woke up to a wintry wonderland outside. Heavy falling snow. THe first decent lying snowfall on the year here! Radar shows a rather innocous but perstistant blob of snow in the area, it's eventually moving south, but didn't appear in any hurry to do so :)

Single lane traffic on the tops of the M62

captureymi.jpg

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

5.1 here and no snow :-(

Posted

Morning guys!

My O/H very kindly woke me up at 6.30 to tell me it was snowing and like a big kid I couldn't get back to sleep!! And being such a thoughtful person, I thought I should wake the kids up too. There's nothing better than watching the kids faces when they see snow! :smilz38:

Hope you guys got some too?!!!

Posted

Went to bed at 4 as it wasn't looking good woke up to check and we have a good few cms of snow would of been madness on a Monday. Does any one think there will be more today i now im greedy

:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just woke up to a wintry wonderland outside. Heavy falling snow. THe first decent lying snowfall on the year here! Radar shows a rather innocous but perstistant blob of snow in the area, it's eventually moving south, but didn't appear in any hurry to do so :)

Single lane traffic on the tops of the M62

captureymi.jpg

Near me that.

Posted

Well done everyone who just got their first proper snowfall of the season. Looks like you got some really intense snow.

All those showers look like they've only clipped me, although there is a new covering of snow over the slush, where it had melted on the footpaths is now covered again.