Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted

Possibly an interesting development for those in the Central Southern England region at least.

Temperature maxed out at 6.4c at 12:10 and note the trend, merely an hour later. :acute:

post-7183-0-79279100-1323954769_thumb.gi

Watch, wait and see is definitely the watch words for this system for sure. :good:

Wintry Regards

gottolovethisweather

I can also back this up here on the coast, was at 8.1c at 12.00 now sitting around 6.9c at 13.00.. even the suns out now, which it wasn't at 12!

Good bye snow warnings..

Oh..And the wind warning is back...Little further North too..

Something isn't quite right at the meto, there warnings have changed again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Last time they were updating the warnings they went, so maybe they are updating them again and they will appear later!

Posted

very strange! orange snow warning then nothing, wind warning for the south dropped in favour of rain then back to wind.... this is proving a tough one to call. the difference between rain/snow/wind is tighter than a gnats chuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The storm is now going to track through the channel so Mainland UK will thankfully avoid the severe gales but heavy rain and possible flooding will affect the south coast. The channel Islands will however could see very strong winds along with heavy rain

As for snow Birmingham should avoid the snow but to the south is where the snow will fall, London should also see snow but it won't settled.

Posted

is the meto haveing real issues with issueing warnings today..i dont know what to trust at the moment.

i feel that someone at the meto is having a breakdown and are more than likely dribbleing on to the charts ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Another BBC update for you if no-one has seen it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/16201006

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

why do the met office have to keep changing the weather? why don't they just decide on one type of weather and leave it at that. at least we would know what to expect....

Posted

why do the met office have to keep changing the weather? why don't they just decide on one type of weather and leave it at that. at least we would know what to expect....

Erm, I think the Met Office only forecast the weather, they haven't as of yet (or as a far as I know) got around to actually controlling it. Please read my comment here re: constant Met O bashing -

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2187334

Posted

Erm, I think the Met Office only forecast the weather, they haven't as of yet (or as a far as I know) got around to actually controlling it. Please read my comment here re: constant Met O bashing -

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2187334

sorry, i was being ironic and actually 'bashing' the 'meto bashers' obviously i was a little too subtle...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

not looking great for essex on that update mate arrghh

Posted

Yea If only it was that easy to know what the weather was going to do. Wind, rain and snow ... yea dead easy to forecast. Deary me what planet are some of you from?! Seriously. This is about as complex as it gets!!! Lives could be at stake and any warning is better than no warning even if they have to be removed or changed. Better to do that then get slatted for not warning at all ...

Posted

sorry, i was being ironic and actually 'bashing' the 'meto bashers' obviously i was a little too subtle...

No probs! :D (I can't do subtle!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Another BBC update for you if no-one has seen it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/16201006

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Thanks GTLTW = alas my computer wont open the link. One thing about all the warnings no sign of any mention of any wind. I know this does depend on the track so maybe why.

Posted

Why has no-one posted any more images or anything of the models since early this morning.

They haven't really been updated yet. In any case, we are getting to the point where it is down to radar and satellite watching now. Maybe a quick look at the last run before things get going in an hour or so - just for other data and input.

Posted

Yellow Alert of Ice for London & South East England

Yellow Alert of Ice for London & South East England : Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham valid from 0005 Sat 17 Dec to 1000 Mon 19 Dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Why has no-one posted any more images or anything of the models since early this morning.

Just for you bpcpal. :good:

post-7183-0-24351500-1323958281_thumb.jp

I believe I have correctly encircled the LOW, please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. :air_kiss:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather