Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

will do , am off to bed for now( work work!!!!) will have a longer night tomorrow!!!!!

night all

Goodnight Jean, perhaps you can give us some weather reports from France tomorrow evening? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windstorm, Thunderstorm, Heavy Squally, Blustery Winds

Hope it is not going to turn like the 26th december 1999 storm here.And that every one listen to warnings.Certainly will sleep less tomorrow night so am off to bed.

Goodnight Jean and take extras care for brace with yourself. :)

Posted

I really don't think An October 1987 event will happen again, weather science and forecasting models have come on leaps and bounds in 24 years.

Well let's just say it shouldn't happen again!

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I really don't think An October 1987 event will happen again, weather science and forecasting models have come on leaps and bounds in 24 years.

Well let's just say it shouldn't happen again!

24 years - I remember that night like it was yesterday! Hard to believe that many members on here wasn't even born back then, let alone remember it. I even remember the famous Michael Fish broadcast that evening and at the age of 9 (nearly 10 - age being important back then) laughing along with him when he suggested a woman had contacted the METO about a hurricane about to hit. :lol: :unsure:

Edited by snow raven

Posted

24 years - I remember that night like it was yesterday! Hard to believe that many members on here wasn't even born back then, let alone remember it. I even remember the famous Michael Fish broadcast that evening and at the age of 9 (nearly 10 - age being important back then) laughing along with him when he suggested a woman had contacted the METO about a hurricane about to hit. :lol: :unsure:

Hi SR, I was 5 years old! not surprised I can't remember it at all. My parents can recall the night that Mr Fish dismissed the hurricane heading towards Britain.

Hopefully such events will never go unnoticed ever again, hey?

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I was 28! and I also watched the famous broadcast, chuckled a bit then went to bed, only to be awoken by the phone ringing, no lights and a very loud howling noise.

Cat's were hiding under Daughters bed and she came in with me, Hubby was in Jersey where they had loads of warning!

My friends Son went into their Bedroom and said "Dad, there's a Tree in our Garden" Mick said "Yes son, we have Tree's in the Garden" Son then said "But Dad, it's not OUR Tree". Classic.

A scary night was had by all I think. :sorry:

Posted

Interesting reading the stories from the great storm, we have a dedicated thread here if you'd like to continue discussing it... :)

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/71910-the-great-storm-of-1987/page__pid__2185447#entry2185447

Posted

What worries me a little by this [and I am no expert] is the amount of variables. No wonder it's going down to the wire.

Just have to keep fingers crossed as getting anyone out to fix roof etc would be a nightmare the week before Christmas. Let alone the loss of life!!!

Snow would be nice though.

Posted

Chimet now showing F9 gusts and this has arrived very quickly - 15 minutes ago it was a quiet night!!!

Still is quite here over the Solent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Posted · Hidden by Alpine glow, December 15, 2011 - same post as before
Hidden by Alpine glow, December 15, 2011 - same post as before

Things have just started to suddenly pick up in Brighton ~ I am sure that is hailstones banging at my window

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Alpine glow, December 15, 2011 - computer glitch!
Hidden by Alpine glow, December 15, 2011 - computer glitch!

Things have just started to suddenly pick up in Brighton ~ I am sure that is hailstones banging at my window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just noticed it looks like this system has a name. Joachim.

post-7292-0-35348700-1323908400_thumb.gi

Posted

Pretty windy over the SW and Wales http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Sounds bad in Brighton Alpine Glow!

Posted

Some beefy showers running through the channel right now and brushing along the coast, are they accompanied by gusty winds?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Tomorrows depression is even further south, barely a breeze this side of the channel ( according to GFS 18z)

The one that gave us a hurricane force storm a few weeks back(southeast) that vaporized overnight...

Anyway NAE looks interesting

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Very windy here at the moment (N. Cornwall) - sounds a lot more ferocious than the winds we had earlier this week. Windows are taking a pounding from the gusts but no significant or prolonged precip since it started (a couple of hours ago with a few sharp showers).

Will check NW radar to see if rain is on the way......

Posted

Some beefy showers running through the channel right now and brushing along the coast, are they accompanied by gusty winds?

Yes.. Just with the showers though.. and then calm again. I am waiting for it to happen again :search:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
Posted · Hidden by ZONE 51, December 15, 2011 - not needed now
Hidden by ZONE 51, December 15, 2011 - not needed now

Snow and Storms, i did notice that on the fax but didnt think i should mention it! infact there is two on there!