Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Nowt for essex atm looking on the wrong side of marginal for me!!

Posted

Just for you bpcpal. :good:

post-7183-0-24351500-1323958281_thumb.jp

I believe I have correctly encircled the LOW, please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. :air_kiss:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Thank you. Im not very good with all this weather stuff lol but I dont like the wind so was keeping an eye on this storm

Posted

Think i need the low to track 30 or 40 miles south and east lol

Why has no-one posted any more images or anything of the models since early this morning.

Your wish is granted :smilz38:

Below is the latest from the GFS it shows the low passing through the English Channel tonight,

No where in the UK is really expecting any winds at all the worst of the winds will be over France and some of Europe,

After this the colder weather will set in as you can see in the chart below there is around 40% to 60% risk in the area's highlighted for Friday morning,

With temperatures being low for most parts frost and ice will also be an issue,

Edited by weathermaster

Posted

Your wish is granted :smilz38:

Below is the latest from the GFS it shows the low passing through the English Channel tonight,

No where in the UK is really expecting any winds at all the worst of the winds will be over France and some of Europe,

After this the colder weather will set in as you can see in the chart below there is around 40% to 60% risk in the area's highlighted for Friday morning,

With temperatures being low for most parts frost and ice will also be an issue,

Thank you. So as we get closer is this forecast looking like the most likely one to happen now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thank you. Im not very good with all this weather stuff lol but I dont like the wind so was keeping an eye on this storm

No probs, it would help if your profile was updated with your home town. :good:

However, bar the Channel Isles, it is looking highly unlikely (guessing 80-90% met office confidence) that you will have any problems. At least, we were warned of the potential, forewarned and forearmed and all that.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

EDIT: It is possible I could be eating words this time tomorrow as the weather is not an exact science but I'll take my chance.

Posted

Possibly an interesting development for those in the Central Southern England region at least.

Temperature maxed out at 6.4c at 12:10 and note the trend, merely an hour later. :acute:

post-7183-0-79279100-1323954769_thumb.gi

Watch, wait and see is definitely the watch words for this system for sure. :good:

Wintry Regards

gottolovethisweather

I don't get why that is interesting, we will be in the warm sector of the low later tonight so temps will rise anyway. have I missed something.

Posted

Each year we wish for a channel low, now we get a good one, we didn't have the precursor of some dug in colder weather.

Oh if we had, it would have been joyous for us coasties :good:

I don't get why that is interesting, we will be in the warm sector of the low later tonight so temps will rise anyway. have I missed something.

Given the cloud is already over us temps wont fall low enough for frost down here anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

i am very confused lol, dont understand the charts and stuff, trying to learn but not going very well :aggressive:

Posted

i am very confused lol, dont understand the charts and stuff, trying to learn but not going very well :aggressive:

Well your in the best place to learn.

Some would say your in the best place to get confused with so many varying opinions :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

Some would say your in the best place to get confused with so many varying opinions :rofl:

yeah exactly, think im going to just stop trying and just read other peoples oppinions for now, got an headache lol

Posted

i suppose if temps drop enough beforehand, it will increase the chances of snow when the warmer air moves away

Edited by bobbydog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes, I think you're quite right, it isn't particularly, since it has now risen to 6.2c as well. :fool:Ahem now back to 6.0c. SOME MIXING GOING ON?

One thing, having not looked at the outputs and their timings etc. was that considering it was dropping approx. 1c in an hour during daylight hours, I wrongly believed it was potentially a colder start to proceedings. :fool:

You haven't missed anything..... Mind you, I think you have more chance of seeing settled snow than most. :good:ICE could be the major ISSUE for tomorrow's travel to work.

I'm going slightly of topic for this thread so I'll leave it there.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Yes, I think you're quite right, it isn't particularly, since it has now risen to 6.2c as well. :fool:

One thing, having not looked at the outputs and their timings etc. was that considering it was dropping approx. 1c in an hour during daylight hours, I wrongly believed it was potentially a colder start to proceedings. :fool:

You haven't missed anything..... Mind you, I think you have more chance of seeing settled snow than most. :good:ICE could be the major ISSUE for tomorrow's travel to work.

I'm going slightly of topic for this thread so I'll leave it there.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

I made a comment in the Central Southern thread that i am very convinced I won't see any snow from this :rofl:

It's probably a case though of if i think negative the outcome will be positive lol.

Edited by No balls like Snow Balls

Posted

I made a comment in the Central Southern thread that i am very convinced I won't see any snow from this :rofl:

Ok. We shall see and I'll take a look in there. Don't forget that non of us are clairvoyants. ;)

Interestingly since that post, it's dropped 0.3c in less than 10 minutes.

Actually, anyone with more experience in such matters, can they inform me as to WHY ARE THE TEMPERATURES YO-YOING?, see my weather station if unsure. :good:

Ahem, best get back on topic. :search:

Wintry Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

ok thats briliant thank you for your help :good:

this is perhaps the best infra red sat loop around at the moment from well out in the Atlantic

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Posted

Still a chance of some lively gusts along the coast tomorrow morning as the low exits right:

30_25.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not grey and damp

Couple of pics of the advancing front.

med_gallery_12627_1003_164870.jpg

Thats looking east

med_gallery_12627_1003_270130.jpg

looking west

Posted

have a look in the Net Wx Gudes area, plenty in there to help including one on how to use the GFS to give some idea on what your own weather may be in a day or so's time

Well, It is a very dark out there in the Southern England and winds of up to 80mph will batter the South, from Cornwall and Kent this afternoon with the Great Storm in 1987 could be return this tonight and into Friday early morning. Worried forecasters have issued nine severe weather warnings and could batter the hurricane strength winds this afternoon and could be prepared for the worse of the storms this tonight and could possible be the strongest winds than 100mph tomorrow early morning. :good:

give us all a break anthony

Posted

The only way we might be able to get some snow and this has happened before is if the cold air coming down from the north starts undercutting quicker than forcast and this can cause a suprise or two, but wee will have to wait and see.

Posted

have a look in the Net Wx Gudes area, plenty in there to help including one on how to use the GFS to give some idea on what your own weather may be in a day or so's time

thanks john i was just about to say exactly the same thing ridiculous scaremongering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Posted · Hidden by jethro, December 15, 2011 - Pointless and rude
Hidden by jethro, December 15, 2011 - Pointless and rude

I am more worried about his terrible grammar than the advancing storm!! :rofl: