Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted

Saturday we could have a bit of snow but not on ground, sleet or snow , but for now gusts still a bit above 50 miles and still rain and rain , and around 10c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days,warm or snow

The feature to the west of Ireland can be seen well on this chart(surface pressure) 3AM

11121603_2_1518.gif

thank You for posting that chart.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The upper temperature at 850hpa lowering as we move through the hours as the storm low moves east dragging in colder air, this turning rain to sleet and snow,

3am and 6am and 9am charts,

see the upper temps get into the -3 or below, this is where sleet/snow is more likely especially on the higher ground

-5 is best for lower ground, if we have heavy ppn then this is helpful to make it pull down the upper cold air to lower levels,

11121603_2_1518.gif

11121606_2_1518.gif

11121609_2_1518.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

This storm has been another complete let down, not only has it gone over france, it looks pathetic on the radars with no definition or center, im off to bed soon, have got better things to be doing than watching this dull event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

That other feature we are watching to the west of Ireland, this heads into France..

11121612_2_1518.gif

Posted

This hasn't really developed a classic low at all yet, there is no circulating cloud, I was expecting this to happen suddenly in explosive cyclogenisis by the time it was in the channel

I was expecting to see that before it even got close to Lands End, developed way to late, i would have expected to see the coastal regions of France to be seeing higher winds/gusts then 60mph, they have dropped of a fair bit in the past hour to, inland France seeing 20 - 30mph sustained with gust of 40mph, what happened to the 70-90mph predicted?

All tho its probably an unwise thing to say at this point, with plenty of time for change, but its looking more & more likely France dodged a bullet to LOL, its probably going to get a little bit worst but nowhere near what was predicted, some News papers were saying 90-100mph LOL,

thank You for posting that chart.

This could be interesting no?

Hmm

This storm has been another complete let down, not only has it gone over france, it looks pathetic on the radars with no definition or center, im off to bed soon, have got better things to be doing than watching this dull event

LOL couldn't agree more

What a major major let down, even the snow has flopped, well not totally but, as always the more the better, been sleeting outside for a few hour now what a waste especially when you're 2C of the mark, could be a good fe CM out there laying waiting for a top up in the next few hour on the back side,

Sums up my year really

Posted

03:00 Belle-Ile (56) Vent 127 km/h

And a some as like posted previous this evening puts the 70 mph + gusts on the map, n'est-ce pas ?

this is my second evening watching this Forum and i just wish to ask if the slow connection to the server is normal, i'm posting the same thing twice and waitng minutes between reload of the page, Is this normal ?

Not complaining just curious.

Edited by Cloud Khaos

Posted

do you have access to the net weather radar ? hardly a dull event . take a look at the precipitation type . snow is widely beginning to fall across the wales midlands and gloucester area .......... this will all spread southwards and eastwards as the temps drop away

Posted

never a dull event when it comes to the weather, it just is what it is and interesting how it goes.

Maybe some are anticipating excitement from the extremes. Like watching the traffic or a race and only being interested in the accidents.

Posted

just a quick update to that the snow is falling quite widely from the brecons as far east as northampton and as far south as just north of oxford ......... exactly how the met warnings said it would ...... that was forecast hours and hours ago early last night ............ i still think the snow could move further south as temps drop away too

Posted

just a quick update to that the snow is falling quite widely from the brecons as far east as northampton and as far south as just north of oxford ......... exactly how the met warnings said it would ...... that was forecast hours and hours ago early last night ............ i still think the snow could move further south as temps drop away too

you're right there Peter. They still have it up/

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

Posted

I am thinking maybe the precipitation might hang around longer through friday, because of how the low/storm has developed less, turning more wintry as we head through the morning, i think its quite possible for most to see wet snow/sleet, but some areas are likely to get pounded with deep snowfall where it settles, im thinking disruption due to snow falling without settling to, because it would be big flakes and make visibilty low.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

you're right there Peter. They still have it up/

http://www.metoffice...ings.html?day=1

that warning is taking shape as we speak and looks quite nice on the net weather precipitation type radar ........ nice to sit here and see where the temps are right now ........ some places having snow with temps very similar to far south coast .......... so who know how far south the snow will travel ......... interesting night ahead and ........ how some people can say that the weather is a let down is beyond me ...... we all get our turns ....... patience is the key ........ last year was a snow fest ....... i have lost count of how many times i have sat up on here to watch a storm come in and it changes direction at the last minute etc etc ...... this site is all about learning and excitement ...... some have advanced technical knowledge ...... for me its like fishing ....... you know the storms etc are coming but its when you catch one ........ often they just miss your location ............

Posted

Paris Charles De Gaulle and Melun getting hit with gusts of 77 km/h and 85 km/h respectively. So it's not letting up much across land. ? ?

I'm not so interested to be in the storm.

i watched the financial storm accumulate for seven years or more, it was more hoping it wouldn't happen even though was inevitable the way it went, And same with the weather, to be prepared for whatever is coming my way or can be avoided, especially when travelling, or when the potential weather could be dangerous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Im relieved that the damaging winds have so far not developed, after seeing what the 87 storm did, the weather was beyond exciting, and became lethal.

Posted

Just been sat in the window watching the rain as cant sleep and was thinking please dont snow as i dont like it hate the stuff,Went to get a drink sat back in the window and was like noooo lol large flakes now falling with the rain,I dont mind at the moment as the ground is saturated from the last few days of rain so wont settle,If you do like snow and you get some have fun but stay safe.

Posted

Morning all I'm new here but have been reading the forums for quite some time and been member of netweather extra for quite some time.

I notice there is a fair of snow falling at the moment, it seems the met office are correct with this one as far as warnings go. I'm in Buckinghamshire and hoping to see some of the white stuff soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Not that heavy snow here, but covering cars, roofs, grass etc.

Can't see major routes being affected though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

settling on the grass here

Posted

Well the Channel low seems to have largely passed the UK by and I can't even find anything on the effects that it had on France overnight. A very quiet night in coastal Eastbourne, perhaps the quietest all week!

So the interest turns to the cold and snow in the regions, these are the places to discuss the current and upcoming weather on the forum:

For your local area view and discussions we have the regional threads:

http://forum.netweat...al-discussions/

For daily weather chat and reports:

http://forum.netweat...r-general-chat/

For model watching and analysis:

http://forum.netweat...ecember-onward/

Snow reports here:

http://forum.netweat...6-snow-reports/

and for moaning!!!

http://forum.netweat...-winter-thread/

Cheers! :hi:

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Liam J, December 16, 2011 - Quoted post removed
Hidden by Liam J, December 16, 2011 - Quoted post removed

OH MY GOD! There is a string of storm systems equivalent to a Category Four Hurricane to Strike the Southern England and the English Channel according to the Weather Space and click here.

your a complete idiot!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I found this news article on the effect the storm had in france.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45694425

Posted

Well morning all,

Found some articles but in French. Here in Paris area the wind was less stronger than forecasted.Strongest gust for my area was just above 55 miles around 8 am.

8 am being when a good heavy rain band struck here ,was brief but quite intense ,leading to a very good cummulative traffic jam in the Paris area.Surely many who took the car came late at work!

Rain is the main feature nearing 27mm since 8 pm for my area to 9 am today.

Up to 370 000 households are without power.No Major damages but quite a lot of few minors ones from south west France to North east :France:http://www.leparisien.fr/environnement/en-direct-tempete-joachim-coupures-d-electricite-et-trains-paralyses-16-12-2011-1771144.php

Clermont Ferrand is one of places with the highest inland wind with a bit over 85 miles this morning.