Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms 13th to 16th December 2011 - Part 4

Coast

Posted

Not really sure what it does to south Coast of uk but this morning i saw that:http://expert-images...1600_2_1500.gif

and now i see that ( much closer to south UK coast) :http://expert-images...1600_2_1518.gif

not sure what it does bring?

Posted

Just recorded a gust of 32mph here in the South, went from hardly a breath of wind to a strong gust...

Strange night!

Temperature: 5.7c now starting the drop

Pressure: 982mb

Wind: 14mph, Gusting to 32mph from the ESE.

Posted

Stop talking nonsense. :nonono: .I will be hitting the ignore post from now on.

Just started raining here in Essex, wind remains calm with a current temp of 4.7c and now falling, good luck to everyone in the morning for some of the white stuff :good:

Only 4.7c in Essex? ouch nearing 10c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.
Posted · Hidden by Liam J, December 16, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Liam J, December 16, 2011 - No reason given

I don't believe it that the forecasting but the wind speed is just about 30-40mph now.

Your sentences lack a certain articulation. Maybe you should try proof reading them before hitting "post".

I know I've often been misunderstood because of a poor choice of words, but...

Wow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

and the topic of the thread in question is...................

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days,warm or snow

Seems to be some live updates on this page, my French is beyond repair ! It's Canard. ( sorry only fools reference...).

http://www.meteociel...s/metardesc.php

Has the low deepened yet or have we yet to see it stall, or is it on a track straight on through??

Thank you for posting the link.

There are some high winds posted on that site : Chemoulin 133 kph.

I'm curious after seeing that about the weather in the Med as Cap Corse ( Corsica) has had wind of 114 kph. but that's not for this thread

Posted

Just recorded a gust of 32mph here in the South, went from hardly a breath of wind to a strong gust...

Strange night!

Temperature: 5.7c now starting the drop

Pressure: 982mb

Wind: 14mph, Gusting to 32mph from the ESE.

Funny it is the same thing i was thinking when getting back home fairly pleasant when hardly a wind and ease of rain ( 10c now!!so pleasent when no wind!!) then a sudden gust.Then nothing again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Can we concentrate on the weather and the topic of the thread please? Try not to let a certain member wind you up. Thanks :)

Posted

Funny it is the same thing i was thinking when getting back home fairly pleasant when hardly a wind and ease of rain ( 10c now!!so pleasent when no wind!!) then a sudden gust.Then nothing again!

Yeah, your location is Paris right? I swear you should be on the gusty side of this Low?! Your defo on the warmer side! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme - anything but dull and dreary. The snowier the better.

and the topic of the thread in question is...................

Er... Dunno. But we're in the "Autumn" discussion area, so it's anybody's guess, just like this weather system :p

Confusingly, the RADAR images are showing precipitation over Wales, which just isn't happening. In the regional discussions, it was said that this often happens because ice crystals in the atmosphere reflect the RADAR signal back, mimicking the appearance of rainfall.

Which makes it even trickier to get a grasp of what's going on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Here is a few interesting images, two precipitation predictions by High Reso models,

NAE - 6AM-12PM

NMM - 9AM

-white lines are snow

Then the 11pm RGB sat, where the storm system looks amazing!

Posted

Some over exaggerations, going by the current observations at least

I was expecting far higher winds to be honest, that said i can't see how its going to be much more then that over Paris come early hours/morning, generally these LP significantly weaken over landmass,

LP is currently at 984mb, i'm sure the models had it around 970mb at this point, and 950mb had it tracked north, initially the FI charts had it at 920mb a week ago, now there was something to worry about LOL, that would have been a great one to watch, once in a lifetime

There is hardly a breeze out there in the channel to speak of really, 20 - 30mph along the south coast and 66mph being the highest wind speed recorded so far... along the french coast, (Lann Bihoue)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Robbie Garrett, December 16, 2011 - Topic
Hidden by Robbie Garrett, December 16, 2011 - Topic

Edited by Robbie Garrett
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

NAE 3am wind at surface(not gusts)

France is in for a battering..look at the the west side there, that swath shifting through the lands

11121603_2_1518.gif

Posted

1 flake of snow south of Birmingham = 4ft of snow in Scotland.

USA troops pull out of Iraq or London may get a sleet shower whats going to get the headline no contest

The latter is more relevent to alot of English people who will be reading their papers tomorrow morning to be fair!

Posted

11121603_2_1518.gif

Posted

I was certainly expecting some gusts up into the 50s with a steady wind, but nothing all evening apart from a few 30mph gusts. Ah well the winds will pick up around dawn from the north west, but not expecting nothing other than breezy.

Temperature on the other hand are on there way down here, now down to 4.9c, rain still steady.

Posted

Not sure really if we are going to get annouced values but all of a sudden wind really picking up here.

Here for average wind speed :

vent.png

Strongest winds really hitting Brittany soon i would expect.

Nearing 40 miles gusts in Paris area.Slowly rising speed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Not sure really if we are going to get annouced values but all of a sudden wind really picking up here.

Here for average wind speed :

vent.png

Strongest winds really hitting Brittany soon i would expect.

Nearing 40 miles gusts in Paris area.Slowly rising speed.

130 km/h looks the max so far off the islands of Brittany and Loire (Belle Ile) Brest hit 117km/h earlier, impressive.