Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Had well over a dozen flashes and rumbles from it now and it's still growing....the biggest problem its moving away and I don't have a flaming car...grrrr!!!

Neither do I ......

post-10773-0-83679200-1334157558_thumb.j

........but then there is nothing to chase here apart from some very impressive clouds, one of which did produce a few minutes of hail earlier :angel:

Ive got my eyes on those showers moving into Milton Keynes now..

so have I :rolleyes:

Posted

This thunderstorm is turning into a bit of a beast...far more organised and sustained that I'd have ever expected!!

Had well over a dozen flashes and rumbles from it now and it's still growing....the biggest problem its moving away and I don't have a flaming car...grrrr!!!

Still have tried to take pics that do it justice!!

(Just checked the MetO lightning sensor - there's been far more lightning bolts than has been picked up!!)

Have my eyes on the line of showers moving this way from your area! So far we've only seen two small showers today

Posted

A possible MCS cluster?

Possibly so, although, that one appears to have broken up by 4pm, although, checking the same image, there may be another MCS forming over Ripon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Sunny all day here with only a light shower - however there are some impressive towering clouds moving across to my South and North. Just not coming near me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Have my eyes on the line of showers moving this way from your area! So far we've only seen two small showers today

That's them! The anvil on this side is amazing - at a guess it's towering to at least 25-30,000ft!

It was kicking out lots of thunder and lightning here - judging by it's back-end structure, I'd be surprised if it doesn't keep going til Folkestone...seems far far more organised than anything else I've seen over the past couple of days!! Good luck :D