Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

The showers feeding in over Manchester and Liverpool..Can they build as they cross the Land and head South east towards London??

Yes, if were lucky, they will keep building until the afternoon!

Posted

Sorry..I am the bloke in the picture sorry to disappoint ;) And I will try..But its gone crazy out there now...Looks like a small shower cloud is heading at me now..I am in Bracknell at the moment in work..With my boss sitting opposite me so a little tricky to get a pic ;) I have some good ones from yesterday I will try and upload shortly...

South east corner is exploding in to tiny little showers :p

Always helps if the boss is a storm nut too. :winky: :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I am amazed how quickly the convection has created such large clouds, one hour from almost nothing to some really big monsters. I will get piccies up in a minute. I am right in the firing line today east of Stafford.

Maybe even Telford may get a smidgen :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

No such luck yet in Cleadon in Tyne and Wear. There was a weak occluded front to the north yesterday which brought a veil of altostratus (although some convection did briefly get going late yesterday afternoon) and the overhang of cloud is now to the south, so it's proving to be a dry cloudy start.

I can only hope that this will be like the 20th April 1995 was here (one of my favourite convective days of all time from a similar synoptic setup- it started off dry and cloudy but after 11am we had one hailstorm after another here). As yet, though, nothing much showing up on the radar here although the sun is now starting to poke out.

Posted

Got some nice large bubbly cumulus floating around at the moment. I think the main risk is further east than me today though so good luck to those in more promising areas :)

Edit: actually there's a couple small CB's to the north associated 1 or 2 small heavy showers on radar.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Here you go, this ones headed my way7067279019_17b680703e_c.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just had a 45sec-1 minute heavy hail storm in Shrewsbury... Was not expecting anything today, but looking out there some beefy clouds around...

Infact its still hailing now, just picked up again!

Posted

Here's one projection of where those fronts and rain showers are moving today:

LOC_20120411_0900.png

If you aren't lucky enough to have the superb NW Extra radar subscription, the free one is still excellent and compulsive veiwng today!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted

VERY dark/rain laden skies to my east over Kinder Scout at the moment. Sferics shows a few hits 15 mins ago but nothing heard since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

This coming our way... possibly same shower Salopwatcher just had.

Yes looking at the Netweather Radar it is, and its more intense now (some whites showing on the radar at the center of it). Have fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Big shower about to hit Stafford, passing just to my north....very photogenic, with gust front and rain curtain

Posted

Yes looking at the Netweather Radar it is, and its more intense now (some whites showing on the radar at the center of it). Have fun!

Am in Broseley so looks like its skirting north... Telford has disappeared in a grey/white veil of rain or hail

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Convection is indeed kicking off around Cleadon now- just had a heavy rain shower with a large Cb cell just to the north-north-west following behind. Maybe chances of convergence along the east coast this afternoon?

Posted

Heavy hail shower In Telford. Easing off as I type. Can't report of hearing any thunder. Impressive dark skies though

Posted

There is a magnificent line up of massive white tops coming my way after this rain storm has passed, I will get another piccy as soon as I can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

got a shower overhed, really light percip