Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yep, Radar shows a few mini torrential cells within all of it now! :D

radar is starting to look a bit more benign once that storm passes through...Still quite a lot of SbCape and lift around but the energy looks to be shifting eastwards now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

The cells coming down from Wales seem th be dying off as the cross the Bristol Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Some VERY dark purple coloured clouds around here now.

Must be raining ion cheltenham I would of thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yay thunder and lightning in Chatham, woohoo!!!

Three nice rumbles and I managed to catch one lovely blue IC bolt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some Hail here now but the cell looks to have died off a bit now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Well tbh, its been absolutely rubbish here.. Not even a thundery sky. Moderate rain and thats it. I wonder if tomorrow could pull anything off? Such a shame if not. 3 days of nothing whilst everywhere else has practically heard a rumble of thunder, even if it was 30 miles away.. :( Ah well :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol the cell to my North has completely died into a moderate shower now. :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

probably just a trick on the eyes, but anyone with NW v6 radar, have a look at the 1510hrs frame for the shower/storm complex nr Wolverhampton/Birmingham...Very interesting...pronounced 's' shape to the echo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Not a lot happening here in Nottingham so far. We had quite a heavy rain/hail shower earlier but it's dry now and we are in a clear slot on the radar at the moment.

Keeping an eye on the showers S and SE of Manchester now.

Got my new camera delivered today (Nikon P510), so if anything does come this way, I'll certainly get some pics uploaded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Nice big meaty shower coming after me from the North West. Hoping it maintains its intensity. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Not a great deal happening around Cleadon- some impressive Cb cells around to the west but the "stabilising" effects of the nearby North Sea are resulting in fairly ordinary cloud and light/moderate rain here, instead of the coastal convergence that I'd been hoping for. Should be better in these situations once I get moved further inland (might end up moving to inland N Yorkshire near Thirsk which should be better placed in these convective setups).

Posted

Very much hit and miss with these initial pulse-cells then turning into longer spells of rain for anyone underneath them. here in the west Peak District we've been stuck under a consistent trail of developing showers all day, but no sferics coming from them except in the very early afternoon.

Max daytime heating is now underway but cloud-over scuppering things somewhat, currently looking for any significant gaps in the showers for the next storms to break out in to.

Posted

probably just a trick on the eyes, but anyone with NW v6 radar, have a look at the 1510hrs frame for the shower/storm complex nr Wolverhampton/Birmingham...Very interesting...pronounced 's' shape to the echo

PNFXO.jpg

Interesting.. (From the 1515 frame)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Torrential rain, hail and I think something sleety I just drove home in. Roads half flooded here whereas 2-3 miles away it was bone dry. First downpour of this spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Decent size hail here in south/east sheffield. Temp dropped like a stone as well. Waiting for a rumble of thunder ( fingers/toes crossed ).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

God thats just down the road from me.....

Sorry, I'm in Yatton, North Somerset at the moment :p Haven't a clue what it's doing in Egham at the moment.

Posted

Wow proper thunderstorm about 5-10 miles to my SSE - kicking out fair bit of lightning too!!! Far more of a thunderstorm than the thundery showers I've had in the past couple of days!!

Here's a pic - strong updraft, lovely anvil with nice mammatus!

Kicked out several flashes and rumbles so far and still going strong (thunder banging away as I type) :yahoo:

post-3790-0-21940000-1334156771_thumb.jp

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Lovely photo Harry!

Finally some more showers approaching Nottingham and they seem to be gaining intensity a little.

I'm just frustrated that I can't see what's heading this way, my view in this flat is excellent, but I can only see south.

16:05 radar has updated and still looking good, my strike alert has just beeped too, 24-40 miles.

Also a very nice looking cell is going to pass north of Nottingham.

EDIT: That cell that passed over Sheffield is really intensifying and about to hit Worksop with rain rates of around 200mm/hr!

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

This thunderstorm is turning into a bit of a beast...far more organised and sustained that I'd have ever expected!!

Had well over a dozen flashes and rumbles from it now and it's still growing....the biggest problem its moving away and I don't have a flaming car...grrrr!!!

Still have tried to take pics that do it justice!!

(Just checked the MetO lightning sensor - there's been far more lightning bolts than has been picked up!!)

post-3790-0-34050500-1334157300_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-17157700-1334157321_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-65970400-1334157360_thumb.jp

Edited by Harry