Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - II

Posted

Here we go, first broad-brush indicators of what we might expect tomorrow courtesy of the 12z GFS charts (yes they are just a guess) and we have a similar situation to today:

post-6667-0-90355400-1328024849_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-74151300-1328024848_thumb.pn

Confidence?

post-6667-0-42077800-1328024920_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Just wondered what the chances of the very cold air that is progged to go into france hitting us instead, it surely wouldnt take that much of a shift northwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Just wondered what the chances of the very cold air that is progged to go into france hitting us instead, it surely wouldnt take that much of a shift northwards.

Zero now to be honest.

The models have the next few days covered now and the shift would have to be huge (unprecedented).

Because they are the precip charts for today!

I think he meant location of the precipitation.

Posted

Coast, How come the nae is so different from the GFS? (of course I do prefer your maps)!

http://expert-images...020206_3112.gif

They're not gospel, just a guide (but they are still here after a long while, so must have some merit!). Your one is for Thursday?

The NW GFS one is similar for then:

post-6667-0-18795100-1328025837_thumb.pn

TBH, your best bet for tomorrow is going to be to stick your head out of the window!!!!! :lol:

Posted

They're not gospel, just a guide (but they are still here after a long while, so must have some merit!). Your one is for Thursday?

:blush: Just saw that. Is the NAE higher resolution, or do I have the complete wrong end of the stick :ph34r:

Posted

:blush: Just saw that. Is the NAE higher resolution, or do I have the complete wrong end of the stick :ph34r:

No you are correct. The NAE is higher resolution than the GFS.

Posted

The NW GFS one is similar for then:

post-6667-0-18795100-1328025837_thumb.pn

TBH, your best bet for tomorrow is going to be to stick your head out of the window!!!!! :lol:

Ok thanks for that.

PS. If I stick my head out the window, according to Yamkins forecast my eyeballs will freeze instantly and my head will be buried by snowdrifts. (just joshing with you Yammers... you da man)

Posted

No you are correct. The NAE is higher resolution than the GFS.

What they do both suggest though is that there seems to be that little attack on East Anglia tomorrow, just not sure how far that will push into our region and what quantities of anything white it will bring. Another lot of indicators to look at tomorrow evening and see what actually happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp currently 1.9 dewpoint 0.0 pressure 1019.3hpa,we havent seen the sun at all today been very grey cold and snizzle for a few hours this afternoon :drinks:

Posted

This is really going to sound ner ner ner nerrrr-ner imbyish, but I have seen run after run for a week now with snow over Eastbourne +/- 20 miles for this weekend. I know that's not a lot of use to many in this SE thread, but these latest ones are typical (again usual caveats apply):

post-6667-0-77549600-1328026744_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-01063500-1328026746_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-38316900-1328026747_thumb.pn

If this actually pans out, I'll meet you all in my local park for a snowball fight and some mulled wine!!! a045.gif (I've stocked up four cases of the stuff in the garage!!)

Posted

If this actually pans out, I'll meet you all in my local park for a snowball fight and some mulled wine!!! a045.gif (I've stocked up four cases of the stuff in the garage!!)

I'm coming round even if it doesn't snow then!

Those charts do look good. How good/rubbish are the models at forecasting a streamer, I don't think I've ever seen one on a model before. Or is it me being a fool?

Edited by JamesC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

This is really going to sound ner ner ner nerrrr-ner imbyish, but I have seen run after run for a week now with snow over Eastbourne +/- 20 miles for this weekend. I know that's not a lot of use to many in this SE thread, but these latest ones are typical (again usual caveats apply):

Snowball fight yes im up for that but will skip the mulled wine cant stand the stuff,never understood warm wine very odd lol :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Brighton is under the snow for alot of that, keep them coming coast!

Posted

post-12982-0-78661000-1328027380_thumb.p

Frontal snowfall.com. 12z doesn't look pretty. Block gets blasted out by +105. Still in FI though tbh.

Looks like an afternoon on the Downs Sunday and a day off work Monday to me!!!!! :yahoo:

Brighton is under the snow for alot of that, keep them coming coast!

(I don't make these up for us - they are available free from NW!!! :rofl: )

Posted

anything brewing later?

Tea, white one sugar? :unknw:

Posted

As far as I am concerned +72 is the end of reality and anything else is completely fantasy island - personally I do not believe the breakdown will occur over the weekend as strong as is being shown by the models and the SE will stay in the cold. below is the latest precip chart at +72 from the 12z GFS... not too bad - I expect more than this :)

post-10554-0-35277300-1328028165_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

Doesn't sound like we need to do much lamp post watching tonight. Maybe later on in the week?