Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - II

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
Posted (edited) · Hidden by snow raven, February 1, 2012 - Ok, you didn't edit one of Paul S's quotes... bloody swear filter!
Hidden by snow raven, February 1, 2012 - Ok, you didn't edit one of Paul S's quotes... bloody swear filter!

Fancy a Spell of Pre-Mod Dan - Because that is what you are going to get if you change one of my posts in your Quotes again :good:

Changed one of your posts? I edited out your reply to someone else, which was irrelevant to your reply to me.. I don't see a problem with that? Jesus, is this a weather forum or a high security American Prison? :o

Edited by Daniel AKA WMD
Posted

Oh I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad people, it's just the weather! Have you or someone close to you been diagnosed with a terminal disease? Or are you lucky enough to be here for the see able future? If yes, then chin up, there is every chance you will be here to witness snow again.

Put the knives and prozac away - in the grand scheme of things, it isnt the end of the world. Honestly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Dooooooomed!

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Paul Sherman, January 31, 2012 - No Reason
Hidden by Paul Sherman, January 31, 2012 - No Reason

Sorry but this is ridiculous.

What is the harm in edited out his reply to SOMEONE ELSE? Absolutely unbelievable.

Edited by Daniel AKA WMD
Posted
Posted · Hidden by Paul Sherman, January 31, 2012 - Gah!
Hidden by Paul Sherman, January 31, 2012 - Gah!

Changed one of your posts? I edited out your reply to someone else, which was irrelevant to your reply to me.. I don't see a problem with that? Jesus, is this a weather forum or a high security American Prison? :o

I think we both know you were trying to be some smart arse - Guantanamo Bay for you me lad!

Read it again and then see how it sounds - My biggest bug bear is people altering Quoted posts

Posted

Oh I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad people, it's just the weather! Have you or someone close to you been diagnosed with a terminal disease? Or are you lucky enough to be here for the see able future? If yes, then chin up, there is every chance you will be here to witness snow again.

Put the knives and prozac away - in the grand scheme of things, it isnt the end of the world. Honestly.

Thank you SR! An outbreak of perspective.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Met4Cast, January 31, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Met4Cast, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

I think we both know you were trying to be some smart I have a problem - Guantanamo Bay for you me lad!

You're right, a harmless little joke and then me admitting I may have jumped the gun is definitely "smart a**" behaviour.

Edited by Daniel AKA WMD
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

lol well said, People you really need to get other interests as well if things are not looking great on the weather front go and do something else that will make you happy. Sports / Train spotting /dogging / anything but don't waist your life waiting for things to happen ;)

Posted

I think we both know you were trying to be some smart I have a problem - Guantanamo Bay for you me lad!

Read it again and then see how it sounds - My biggest bug bear is people altering Quoted posts

Paul and Snow Raven, I have just tried to quote Snow Ravens post that had the letters I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad in the original quote and when I saw my post with the quote it had changed I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad to 'I'm not happy in fact I'm quite sad' I therefore deleted it immediately!

You might want to quote my post as it contains I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad and see if it happens to you as well??!!

Very strange

AS

Posted

Paul and Snow Raven, I have just tried to quote Snow Ravens post that had the letters I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad in the original quote and when I saw my post with the quote it had changed I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad to 'I'm not happy in fact I'm quite sad' I therefore deleted it immediately!

You might want to quote my post as it contains I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad and see if it happens to you as well??!!

Very strange

AS

It's happened on Frosty 69s post above as well in which he quotes Snow Raven!

Suggests Daniel didn't do it, or if he did it is an amazing coincidence?

Making my head hurt so I'm off for the night

AS

Posted

I think it's the swear filter - we all know what F F S stands for, but the filter changes it...

Hopefully this will make sense!

Posted

lol well said, People you really need to get other interests as well if things are not looking great on the weather front go and do something else that will make you happy.

AGREED I am taking a day off tomorrow (before the wife really starts getting annoyed at my weather obsession) :)

I do not know if I am worse before / during / or after a significant weather event lol

But as Snow raven said - chill out everyone

Maybe I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad translates when quoting ?? I dont know - only defence I can think of

MYSTERY SOLVED GOOD OL FILTER :) Causes more probs than solves haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

It is the swear filter, we are serving humble pie in the moderators area right now.

Posted

I think it's the swear filter - we all know what F F S stands for, but the filter changes it...

Hopefully this will make sense!

ha ha! does daniel get released from custody then?.... :p

i'm going to bed before i get arrested....

Posted

It is the swear filter, we are serving humble pie in the moderators area right now.

I'm glad it's that - my recent posts have been even odder than usual!

Snow Raven, I just PM'd you about this but all is now explained so please ignore me (more than usual)

AS

Posted

Lol

So my F F S got changed to "I am not happy I am quite sad"

Thats some swear filter - You learn something every day on here.

Posted

Very strange

AS

Reading the above I think anyone would have to agree that I am not happy and am quite sad, but we all know the truth now. Don't we? Please?

Night all.

AS

Posted

ha ha! does daniel get released from custody then?.... :p

i'm going to bed before i get arrested....

Probably best to move to Mexico..

Anyway, before the guns are brought out and I'm open fired on in public again, weather..

Generally a dry tomorrow, cloud breaking up through the morning to give a glorious sunny but cold afternoon, generally the same theme again into the evening. NAE models show some snow moving into East Anglia through Thursday, these may edge down to our region, hopefully the NAE shows more activity over us on tomorrows runs.

Posted

I'm glad it's that - my recent posts have been even odder than usual!

Snow Raven, I just PM'd you about this but all is now explained so please ignore me (more than usual)

AS

I don't ignore anyone... well apart from Yamki.... oh, is that the time? Night all!

Let's continue to enjoy the roller coaster ride :D

Posted

Probably best to move to Mexico..

Anyway, before the guns are brought out and I'm open fired on in public again, weather..

Generally a dry tomorrow, cloud breaking up through the morning to give a glorious sunny but cold afternoon, generally the same theme again into the evening. NAE models show some snow moving into East Anglia through Thursday, these may edge down to our region, hopefully the NAE shows more activity over us on tomorrows runs.

I'm not happy with that I am quite sad

Only joking :rofl::drinks:

Posted

Silly me just popped in to see whats going to happen in the next 3 days: what a mistake that was!

why are people arguing about the weather?

don't come on here looking for an argument!!!

edit - (lol)

Edited by bobbydog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Dont know if anybody has asked the question yet re.criteria that needs to be met for initiation of "lake effect snow".

In other words the possibility of snow showers being triggered by cold 850 temps as winds from the NE/ENE flow over the North Sea during the next few days. Doesnt seem to be much enthusiasm from the models for much snow shower activity, I'm guessing air pressure of 1036+ mbs being the inhibiting factor.

Have read a few articles on the subject, we look as if we're going to meet some of the criteria. For convection to initiate we need at least a temperature differential between sea surface and the air at 850mbs to be at least 13c and the flow to be passing over a body of water at least 60 miles wide.

North Sea temps at the moment are around 7c and from around 6 p.m Weds eve 850 temps over the North Sea are expected to be around -10c and falling to around -12c or so by Thurs eve. So we're looking at a differential there of at least 17c.

The distance from the S.Essex/N.Kent coast to the Dutch coast I estimate to be 130 miles, give or take a bit.

We seem to meet those 2 criteria comfortably but the sticking point seems to be air pressure of 1036+ mbs or so.

My question now, is there a formula that combines these temp differentials with air pressure to produce a point where convection would be initiated despite high air pressure or am I looking at this in a far too simplistic way and that there are other factors involved?

Would love to hear anyones thoughts on this.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

because there very sad and have on life lol

Posted

Right, I think it's time for another thread before I go to bed. Hopefully the swear filter won't confuse anyone in the new one!

Will be closing this in a mo, ready for a new shiny one for tomorrow :good: