Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

In some ways tho, it's better to have the disappointment now, rather than be forecast the snow and it be rain. That would be horrific.

Don't panic, until the NAE 12z. If that's poor then even I will reconsider my stance, until then I still have high hopes even for NE Somerset and Avon.

I think that puts me right on the border then... North Somerset. Is that out around 16.30?

Posted

In some ways tho, it's better to have the disappointment now, rather than be forecast the snow and it be rain. That would be horrific.

AGREE, a nite of lamp post watching only to see rain in the reflection is a horrible thought.. been there done that! but hey life goes on and as said before spring is round the corner, fluffy lambs, daffodils and green shoots every where..awe I love the spring time (actually sick in side and sad to the core) ;):sorry:;):sorry:;)

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted

dont see why you lot are all down . There is a chance after ians twitter earlier heavy snow for wilts devizes calne nd so on.... Meto forcast now has heavy snow for me....... Maybe you might see something, but for wilts glocs it looks good

Posted

AGREE, a nite of lamp post watching only to see rain in the reflection is a horrible thought.. been there done that! but hey life goes on and as said before spring is round the corner, fluffy lambs, daffodils and green shoots every where..awe I love the spring time (actually sick in side and sad to the core) ;):sorry:;):sorry:;)

Nah, skip spring, bring on the hot hot sun! Glad I'm going to Spain as no chance of that here either! Lol! Sorry, i promise I'll be positive from now on

dont see why you lot are all down . There is a chance after ians twitter earlier heavy snow for wilts devizes calne nd so on.... Meto forcast now has heavy snow for me....... Maybe you might see something, but for wilts glocs it looks good

I know, your lucky tho as its not going to be so borderline for you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hmm snow to rain again... Gutted

Still allegedly birds are falling out of the sky in Poland because of the cold... So could be worse. Think I'll leave the razor blades for now

Posted

Very perplexed regards the downbeat mood in here.

Many places are still in the firing line, nothing is anywhere near set in stone. Try living on the south coast if you want little snow and marginality! Nice in the summer though etc.

This is gearing up to be the best winter month since December 2010, blocking signals aplenty. Even if it doesn't pan out this weekend there WILL be plenty of other chances during February into March.

Posted

Very perplexed regards the downbeat mood in here.

Many places are still in the firing line, nothing is anywhere near set in stone. Try living on the south coast if you want little snow and marginality! Nice in the summer though etc.

This is gearing up to be the best winter month since December 2010, blocking signals aplenty. Even if it doesn't pan out this weekend there WILL be plenty of other chances during February into March.

It's reverse psychology.... Expect the worst and the best will happen! Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Yes im looking forward what happens after this weekend with various potential scenarios as we progress through February. Even if some eastern parts of our region are now forecast snow this weekend, for my area just north of bristol its still forecasted to turn to rain by night. Im happy to miss out this weekend as long as a better chance of a snow event crops up sometime this month haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Worth keeping an eye on Tuesday as some models have something flirting with is then, although I was under the impression it would be less cold first half of next week!

Posted

Interesting how the new warning says about turning to rain over north western areas? I take this to be NW england? Confuzzled...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Interesting how the new warning says about turning to rain over north western areas? I take this to be NW england? Confuzzled...

I'll second that comment why does it not mention snow turning to rain in our region??

That area has been increased to include parts of devon now too and we are still in snow warning for sunday also?

Posted

ian on twitter emphisis on wilts gloucs remain.. Why thank you ian.. Less for somerset and so on.

Edited by lfcdude

I feel as sick as you do as wishing it was a weekend of snowmen and fun in the snow...never mind still fun to get excited about something different weather wise. Maybe later on in the month for good ole somerset

Just watched BBC weather on line... all over.. rain rain rain.. sorry guys but I have thrown in the towel on this one..

Better now than watching the lampost all night :)

Posted

Gorgeous sunny warm winters day outside.

A rather ambient -2.9c :p

Not sure why everyone has given up already as met office seem confident of a decent transient event for most and only looks like sleet/rain in bath bristol ect from midnight just before front clears at moment and they have widened the warning areas so they must have a good idea?!

Also Im guessing they have us under snow warning for sunday still now as they are uncertain on the snow to rain event ect?

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I'll second that comment why does it not mention snow turning to rain in our region??

That area has been increased to include parts of devon now too and we are still in snow warning for sunday also?

Those warnings don't match the forecast at all, especially Sunday with us still in the snow warning! Talk about conflicting signals, no wonder I got a headache!

Gorgeous sunny warm winters day outside.

A rather ambient -2.9c :p

Not sure why everyone has given up already as met office seem confident of a decent transient event for most and only looks like sleet/rain in bath bristol ect from midnight just before front clears at moment and they have widened the warning areas so they must have a good idea?!

How far into somerset does it go though, or is is still hard to predict?

Posted

The warning extends into eastern parts of devon!!

I mean Taunton, Yeovil way......think I better watch and see as will soon know by looking out the window tomorrow pm onwards.

:acute:

Thanks for answering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think they kind of rolled the snow and ice warning into one. After the snow/sleet/rain/cats or whatever we get clears, they think it'll still turn cold enough at night for it to ice over as mentioned in the warning description.

(not ruling out snow by the way I'm only making assumptions, maybe they think it'll be snow a little further west, we will find out in a little over 24 hours)

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted

Those warnings don't match the forecast at all, especially Sunday with us still in the snow warning! Talk about conflicting signals, no wonder I got a headache!

The lunchtime weather on PW only went to 3pm with the lovely rain graphic slap bang over me, yet she talked about 5cm of snow across the region.

Straw clutching - but perhaps they really don't know??

Edited by quantock girl