Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It's difficult to get overly excited about this event knowing that any snow will virtually have disappeared by Sunday afternoon/evening.

?

It is very likely to remain cold in the SE right through into next week, so if it does snow it is likely to stick around for a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

tonight nah.

Showers will develop from around 12-1AM onwards, Eastern Kent looks the best place to be but even those further North and West may see a few showers. Stop being so god damn negative!

Posted

On the 7.58 BBC forecast, Alex Deakin said some of the snow showers on Friday night could move further west into London, as well as affecting E Anglia and Kent.

Posted

why is it whenever i click on someones profile pic... a link to ian fergusson on twitter comes up???

aaarrrghh anyway temp here is -1.5c dp still -6 but as there getting closer the humidity is now 71%

edit seems ok now

same just happened to me as well a real pain as i was trying to move on to the next page in tne forum and it did it again....... had to open up a new window in the end

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I just received a tweet from BBC London Weather. It said snow in E London tomorrow night. More over the weekend.....

Ps my wife thinks I'm having an internet affair with some hotty. I then showed her what I was looking at (Netweather), and she called me sad.....

Get back to wathing Coronation Street Mrs.....haha (Watching that tripe is SAD) :acute:

Posted

Showers will develop from around 12-1AM onwards, Eastern Kent looks the best place to be but even those further North and West may see a few showers. Stop being so god damn negative!

How long does it normally take before the radar normally sorts itself out??

Posted

So party in here on sat night then radar watching!! Hello from brentford, west London. Not many west Londoners posting as yet I don't think, and so am flying the flag. Very cold here, biting wind. Was a beaut of a sunset this evening..

Hello again Ruthie, greetings from the northern fringes of west London. It certainly looks as though Saturday will be a busy ol' night in here. We could well be battleground central by then.

Posted

I just received a tweet from BBC London Weather. It said snow in E London tomorrow night. More over the weekend.....

Ps my wife thinks I'm having an internet affair with some hotty. I then showed her what I was looking at (Netweather), and she called me sad.....

Get back to wathing Coronation Street Mrs.....haha (Watching that tripe is SAD) :acute:

Ties in with the 758pm forecast on BBC. Could be a more widespread event on Friday night than initially thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

It's visible on the Euro radar now (and has been since 1400)...N/NW of Holland...shouldn't be long before it arrives on the UK radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

No idea, I've never seen it go like that before, it seems to be okay now though, a few lines of showers moving across East Anglia, moving quite far inland too which is nice to see

Posted

Ties in with the 758pm forecast on BBC. Could be a more widespread event on Friday night than initially thought.

Thats good, hopefully a bit of consistancy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hello again Ruthie, greetings from the northern fringes of west London. It certainly looks as though Saturday will be a busy ol' night in here. We could well be battleground central by then.

. Hey BB!! I think sat will be exciting. To be honest I will be happy to see a dusting! Hoping for more though and getting stocked up with necessary provisions incase I can't get to the shops!

Posted

I'm very excited about saturday! Even if I get a dusting then I'll be happy. I've really missed snow this winter.

Me too, although would be nice if it was the week after next as im off work for half term!!! But we cant have every thing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

im up the road... very cold. hope grand union freezes over.

. Now that would be something wouldn't it! I'm not far from the Thames imagine if that froze too!

Posted

Everyone seems to be looking at sat/sun when we could have something Friday night!

Anyone got any thoughts on this? MO going for 2-5cm, Some might have more chance of snow on Friday than the weekend.

Also looking like a cold week next week.

Posted

I'm very excited about saturday! Even if I get a dusting then I'll be happy. I've really missed snow this winter.

Same thing that my chest of drawers said to me this morning. I made it clear I was busy on an online weather forum and he would have to wait. Came home and all my socks were thrown across the floor. Temperamental or what?

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

. Now that would be something wouldn't it! I'm not far from the Thames imagine if that froze too!

Yep all stocked up here in Wimbledon got me Vodka & 12 cans of Red Bull and 40 smokes for Sat Night. Supposed to be going pub before hand so it should be fun.

Posted

I told my 4 yr old it might snow and we can go sledging on Sunday if we are lucky. He said to me, my friend at school said you should never eat YELLOW snow. But why daddy? I did not have the heart to tell him, thats were dogs have weed!

Posted

Everyone seems to be looking at sat/sun when we could have something Friday night!

Anyone got any thoughts on this? MO going for 2-5cm, Some might have more chance of snow on Friday than the weekend.

Also looking like a cold week next week.

Its difficult with the past days to be sure of anything exactly, but I agree that a dusting looks possible for some in Kent and also could be a nice dump on Sat night, but frankly its day by day and hour by hour forecasting at present, the conditions are really throwing some fantastic curve balls at present...

Posted

Evening peeps,

Just got back from cubs,, can anyone update me what i've missed please as really dont want to read 22 pages lol

Snow or no snow ??

I think it was snow when i left site earlier ....

Posted

I told my 4 yr old it might snow and we can go sledging on Sunday if we are lucky. He said to me, my friend at school said you should never eat YELLOW snow. But why daddy? I did not have the heart to tell him, thats were dogs have weed!

Only dogs?? You obviously live in a nicer area than me :rofl:

Posted

Not sure what Peter Cockcroft was on about, snow to rain. What data was he using?

He is referring to the snow layer... so its more ice rain, if you go back on this forum from earlier today you will see some discussions on it, (about page 3 to 7) somewhere back that way... hope that helps.

Evening peeps,

Just got back from cubs,, can anyone update me what i've missed please as really dont want to read 22 pages lol

Snow or no snow ??

I think it was snow when i left site earlier ....

Not a lot of changes really, just starting to see some minor flurries running north east direction and hugging Anglia, nothing significant but a noticeable change is occurring compared to 24 hours ago. That should bring you up to speed.