Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Why are many concerned that there will be a thaw overnight?

I think most of the MIdlands could stay in the cold air, and once the snow clears it may well freeze.

Looking at the Wunderground map, it's all 0 to -1c over and to the NW of the Midlands.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

On the way back from the match, a good cm or two of powder snow. Met Office predicted 5-10cm so in reality it will be about 2-5cm (they almost always overstate it). Still, it's nice and dry snow!

Big game next weekend Nick!

Posted

Hope that cold front squeezes out the milder air over Wales before it gets here - some beefy radar echoes over parts of N England now, all steadily growing where the fronts have occuluded

Posted

This is the unspectacular situation in Leicester. Only just getting started to be fair as far as the forecasts are concerned.

https://p.twimg.com/Ak0wkSZCIAMeNHW.jpg:large

Where abouts in Leicester are u mate where we are near fosse park it's bucketing down, as u say though the best is hopefully still to come Edited by NoSnowJo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Well I could of predicted this, losing it's intensity just as it starts to head over leicester judging by the latest radar :fool: That said, it's has started falling a little heavier. Very windy though, it's blowing sideways according to the lamps outside.

Posted

But I've a feeling the heavier falls will all set in just east of here ..... Still a good covering here now so mustn't grumble :)

Posted

2-3cm of snow here in Telford with a mix of freezing rain and snow, been out and about in it and its pingy like hail but a winter wonderland :D currently -0.3c.

Posted

Hope that cold front squeezes out the milder air over Wales before it gets here - some beefy radar echoes over parts of N England now, all steadily growing where the fronts have occuluded

I've been too scared to say it in fear that I'm wrong...but I think that might happen and I've been thinking that for a while, which would be excellent news for us. That wedge of mild air is shrinking fast it seems.

Posted

About 5mm here on pavements and road.

Just been for a walk, and the lack of wind means the snow will be falling for a very long time.

Need the heavy stuff now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

The snow has gone that fine that you can't see it anymore, i thought it had stopped for a minute!

Posted

How icky, pouring with freezing rain now, sounds like someones throwing metal balls at the window :lol:

It's not melting the snow though as the temperature is safety tucked at -0.3c

Posted

I've been too scared to say it in fear that I'm wrong...but I think that might happen and I've been thinking that for a while, which would be excellent news for us. That wedge of mild air is shrinking fast it seems.

Yes, if we can get an hour of heavy snow before it turns to rain I'll be very happy - gonna be very disappointing if what we have so far all gets washed away overnight! Tenderhooks for the next few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still snowing 5 hours now, moderate steady snow, done much better out of this than I thought, -1.0C now, and windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Still snowing steadily in Nuneaton around 2cms now.

Have a look in the Model Discussion thread people-some cold looking charts from GFS,UKMO and GEM so far-all we want now is for ECM to give us a full house. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The first front seems to be struggling to move much further, the second front is starting to join it, this is when the real heavy precip bumps in. It will be interesting to see if it manages to go the whole hog and clear the SE later.....