Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

To be honest, the snow has never been what i'd call heavy at all today here, light to Moderate fine snow through most of the day, which in fairness has left a decent little covering, 3-5cm i'd estimate. Would have liked to see some big '50p size' flakes, but cant complain.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

I certainly don't feel let down. It's nice to have any snow and this is easily the best I've seen this winter.

Here's how it looks in my car park in Earl Shilton:

qqu80w.jpg

Not spectacular by any means, but I'd estimate (and it is only an estimate) a couple of centimetres .

The snow at the moment is a fair bit lighter than it has been for a while.

Edited by Coventry Lee

Posted

Temp is now -0.1, with a DP of -0.8. Milder (actually I prefer the term "less colder") air moving in methinks. Still good for snow for a while longer however :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And there it is. Zero degrees has been reached.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowing a little heavier now, and 12Z is amazing, keeps us cold with easterly winds, ECMWF easterly winds as early as tuesday

Posted

I certainly don't feel let down. It's nice to have any snow and this is easily the best I've seen this winter.

Here's how it looks in my car park in Earl Shilton:

qqu80w.jpg

Not spectacular by any means, but I'd estimate (and it is only an estimate) a couple of centimetres .

The snow at the moment is a fair bit lighter than it has been for a while.

No lie there actually looks to be a bit less there than here looks like 1-2 cms? definately 3/4 here been out in it to see, although town centre has been trampled on somewhat, still some drifts i imagine could be sizeable round here where theres any decent open space. Looking at what weve had so far and whats to the nw on the radar it could last till 12ish so 10cms possible id av thought, only concern is whether it remains as snow. currently around -1.5

Posted

No lie there actually looks to be a bit less there than here looks like 1-2 cms? definately 3/4 here been out in it to see, although town centre has been trampled on somewhat, still some drifts i imagine could be sizeable round here where theres any decent open space. Looking at what weve had so far and whats to the nw on the radar it could last till 12ish so 10cms possible id av thought, only concern is whether it remains as snow. currently around -1.5

I plan to pop out a little later and have a proper look. It's hard to tell from up here really, but I agree, it looks to be about 2cm deep at most. It has begun to fall a little more heavily again now and the radar keeps it going for a while yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We have about 3 cm I think. You cannot see the grass anymore anyway.

Posted

I plan to pop out a little later and have a proper look. It's hard to tell from up here really, but I agree, it looks to be about 2cm deep at most. It has begun to fall a little more heavily again now and the radar keeps it going for a while yet.

yea might be taking a trip upto burbage later myself not sure if the chinese would deliver tonight what you reckon?

Posted

yea might be taking a trip upto burbage later myself not sure if the chinese would deliver tonight what you reckon?

Only light snow in Burbage. About 1cm settled. Chinese should be okay at moment!

Posted

I've relocated to Worcester and it's still coming down well here! Estimate about 2-3cm lying and pepping up a bit too :good:

Posted

just as it looked as it was dying out the last half hour sees a big improvement in the intensity to the nw :)

Posted

Funnily enough I'm thinking of getting some food in tonight myself.

I'm hoping there is something left tomorrow, Burbage Common will be a lovely walk if there is snow lying. I'm also quite keen to catch a glimpse of a Muntjac and the snow may make it easier to do so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

theres about 3/4cms atm. quite a bit of drifting aswell :) could do with precip pepping up a bit though for any big amounts

3-4cm ? Crazy, your only 15minutes drive from me yet we're barely past the 1cm mark here. Plenty of flakes, there just small in size and blowing everywhere so it's struggling to settle to much.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

between 4-5cm now. I swiped some of the snow that measured about an inch off the top off my wheely bin outside the front door about an hour ago and there's another 1cm+ lay since then. Snow's calmed down now though.

Posted

Snowing hard here in moderate sized flakes and actually drifting!!! I haven't seen a snowdrift for over 10 years?!!!

Some of the drifts against walls are almost a foot deep!

Posted

Only light snow in Burbage. About 1cm settled. Chinese should be okay at moment!

that definately cant be right 1cm?? theres like 3/4 here in hinckley. been into town an hour ago and most of the roads are covered

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

that definately cant be right 1cm?? theres like 3/4 here in hinckley. been into town an hour ago and most of the roads are covered

That is odd, your only a few minutes from each other..

You sure your 3-4cm arn't drifts ? Definitely no more than 1cm here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

watching the brum match its snowing heavy there !

Posted

well put it this way the grass is covered. Im not gonna start taking pics with a ruler in the ground. hopefully some more scenic shots tomoz will do the job though