Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted

The first front seems to be struggling to move much further, the second front is starting to join it, this is when the real heavy precip bumps in. It will be interesting to see if it manages to go the whole hog and clear the SE later.....

Nah its going to stall over Derby - I wish :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

been snowing in northampton for about 2 hours now. slight covering but not as heavy as I thought it would be. i guess its early days (hours) yet tho. I hope so because what we're getting at the mo is nothing like the predictions for this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Does seem to be struggling to get the precip over the Penines generally dying away as it heads eastwards. As you'd expect really - be nice if it pushed on east a bit now!

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Hearing the M54 has been closed due to snow and accidents.

Yep...looks like M54 struggling and A49 near Church Stretton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/shropshire/roads/unplanned/

Posted

Light/Moderate snow, temperature is starting to become a bit of an issue now and will probably start to see it melt i suppose, always the problem with the lower county’s such as Worcestershire.

Temperature 0.1c

Posted

really im only 25mins from church stretton just to south i should go for a drive but i may get stuck or sumit stupid ha, i would if iwas singe and no kids hehe

Posted

Light/Moderate snow, temperature is starting to become a bit of an issue now and will probably start to see it melt i suppose, always the problem with the lower county’s such as Worcestershire.

Temperature 0.1c

Hmmm...not the first report of temperatures on the rise around here. Maybe the changeover isn't that far away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

1733 members online, record 1765 on 5th Jan 2010, will break it tonight esp when snow reaches SE

Posted

3cms here, but raining now :-(

Up the road here it's ice pellets and freezing rain at the mo, horrible stuff but its not melting the snow at least!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Hmmm so no one in the region is getting decent snow are they? Sorry, despite earlier optimism think this is another midlands let down.

Am happy to be proved wrong though!!!

Posted

Hmmm so no one in the region is getting decent snow are they? Sorry, despite earlier optimism think this is another midlands let down.

Yes we are! Alright nothing like 5th Jan 2010 or 18th Dec 2010 but good enough considering how long we've gone without.

This has not been a let down...forecasts have been right on the money with amounts so far. It's now we want them to go wrong because the changeover to rain is due over the next couple of hours!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I am sure that east of Brum will now be all snow this evening, followed by a freeze, as temperatures are all zero to -2c to the NW and north, just with some less cold air 1-2c now edging into Shropshire, that should just about be squeezed out though and pass SW of Brum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

still doing well here!....about to get some heavy ppn judging by the radar

Posted

Sounds like Coventry and Warwickshire are, an inch or so, plenty more to come there.

Posted

Can't grumble...Much as expected and forecast here... snowing steadily for 3 hours and 2-3cms. Most likely followed by rain soon .. again as forecast.

Edited by kar999

Posted

Well it may not even be an inch yet but everything here is plastered in snow - and considering we didn't get a single flake in the whole of 2011 I'm very happy :)

Posted

Sounds like Coventry and Warwickshire are, an inch or so, plenty more to come there.

theres about 3/4cms atm. quite a bit of drifting aswell :) could do with precip pepping up a bit though for any big amounts

Posted

1. This was always going to be an event whereby we'd be measuring in terms of cm's rather than inches

2. Things are only just getting started in the east of the region

3. There is still the potential of a few more hours of action in the west

:)

Bish

Posted

Derby isnt bad not stopped since 3pm varying light to moderate with a fairly constant temp -0.6 although dewpoints have risen throughout day from -9 to -2.6 current and still rising. About 2 inch of lying snow.

Just been out a snowball fight with my girl - I won ;)In the words of McDonalds "I'm Lovin It"

Edited by Snowcheeks

Posted

My goodness it's going to be close with the milder air here. Still snowing pretty well here now but I'm starting to get worried...come on cold air, keep on squeezing the life out of that mild wedge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Up to -0.1 °C now. The end is starting to come in sight, I feel... but I'm satisfied with what I've had. :)