A.J

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just seen that pal, how does that happen?

There was a cold front and a warm front.

They're going to merge into one occluded front, meaning you're going to have the combined energy of two fronts in one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Been absolutely p****** it down for most of the day now. anyone who wants to see snow click here http://eplsite.biz/stream3.html Stoke vs Sunderland

Posted

same setup next week, i think its time we stopped hope casting and hope for spring and summer to be done so we can forget this disaster of a winter

I already am, all this talk about heights rising here, heights rising there. Who cares anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

My word you lot have been busy. I go to work and come back and there's 2 new threads lol.

Welcome to all the newcomers! :) Should you wish to put your location in your profile, you can do this by clicking on your name in the top right hand corner and clicking on my settings.

Can I also ask that if you want to talk footy, you do it in chat http://forum.netweather.tv/chat/ :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Certainly pepped up here, torrential rainfall, not even a hint of sleet even though the air temp is 2.0c, the problem lies higher up. T850's and thickness values.

Back end of the front clearing SW Scotland now.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Snowed here since 11.30am but only about a 1cm on the ground.

Hopefully more to come later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Cumbria Marra go easy eh, you're wearing the swear filter out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

I dont believe this the snow is getting heavier and heavier with increasingly bigger flakes 2-3cms now on the ground!!

Just Atrocious condtions 18 miles down in Stoke with complete Blizzard conditions reported.

Posted

How many more hours of Snow to come for Macclesfield?

Could keep going here until 9/10 pm, depends on how quick it moves through. Slight chance it could turn to freezing rain on its back edge, but im not sure on that for here.

Posted

Well I managed a hour and a bit sleep in the end, I got a feeling after catching the 3.55pm BBC weather I'll be needing it tonight given the Midlands and South are expected to get hit by 10cm overnight (and we all know the south comes crashing to a halt when even 1cm falls in those parts.) Here however a slight accumulation since I was last up, the gardens are now white-over and visibility limited with cloud bases dropping as the temperature airmasses now collide and mix within the 850hpa layers above, luckily heights are still fine all around and no problems with any risk of snow falling as freezing rain again here now.

Posted

I said last night we should have 2 parts to this discussion. Those of us 20 miles or nearer to the coast and the rest.

still anyway that mild air is going to reach everywhere by the end of the night i feel...and will share in the misery of the rain

Posted

Still heavy dandruff here! Showing changing to freezing rain on the back edge on the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yet 20 miles further North I have rain...

You do seem to be under the heavier precipitation though, perhaps I will get the same as I get some of the heavier stuff. I hope. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Seriously wet with intense rainfall here, flooding may be an issue never mind snow! :p

Should be clearing the Isle of Man soon. If gets a move on then I can take the dogs out later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Could keep going here until 9/10 pm, depends on how quick it moves through. Slight chance it could turn to freezing rain on its back edge, but im not sure on that for here.

What are conditions near you Martin?? Snow is turning increasingly heavy here in Sandbach.

Posted

It's having another go at turning to snow here, some very fine snow falling, mixed in with the rain. Will be interesting to see which way it goes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

(and we all know the south comes crashing to a halt when even 1cm falls in those parts.)

Bit of a myth that northerners like to peddle i'm afraid. I think most parts of the UK struggle with heavy snowfall, except people who live at higher altitudes - particularly the Scots.