Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted

just had a brief but definate burst of sleety rain here, hope it was a rogue one, but even so, it's been great and I'm now officially a happy man! :p

Posted

still snowing here in northampton. quite heavy still but very fine flakes, you have to really look at the street lamps to really see it. All in all a good snow event. Maybe not quite as much as i thought it would be, but at 2 inches i don't think i can complain.

left trouser leg poor if you ask me, once again we have missed out big time compared to the other regions.

Posted

yes andy a good one for leicester for a change makes up for the cr@p result today, still coming down aswell failrly heavy

Posted

still snowing here, has to be the very last of it now, 10cms widely maybe slight variations, some flatter rooftops look like scenes from the alps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

According to the radar, there may be a couple of more heavier bursts heading this way before this memorable snow event ends.

Anything else is a bonus but it has been great cannot remember snow in coventry like this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Huge flakes falling out of the sky, larger than 50P infact :)

Posted

yup more moderate snow here, if we can see this tailing end out as snow should be very impressive total by this areas standard. we must average no more than 5-10cms all winter normally

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just on my phone at my girlfriends gaff haha. been snowing since 3pm!!! Around 10cm now, lncredible event and its still snowing heavy

Ah ha we all wondered where you were........putting a lady before the snow.....where's you dedication!! only joking mate this has been a fabulous event just want it to stay now so my 6 year old son can see it in the morning.

Posted

I'm a very happy man, knew the snow was coming so got out and walked the streets for 4 hours and enjoyed every moment of it! I really do think I have made the most if it and think this has been a great day weatherwise, I mean what's the point in having it if your just going to sit indoors? Anyway I'm glad we had our snow this afternoon, it will happen for them when they're sleeping and its not like I could walk around at 3 in the morning in London... :D

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rain has pretty much ended now. :)

Im thinking a very slight thaw overnight, a koderate one throughout the day tomorrow but should be some good amounts left by evening imo. A mostly misty and cloudy day looks likely.

Posted

left trouser leg poor if you ask me, once again we have missed out big time compared to the other regions.

Seem to have bit more in Rushden, about 10cm undrifted. Temperature still -1.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

i'm in NN2 and the snow is okay. not megatons of the stuff but a good inch or 2. you must be having the same surely? it eased off an hour ago but has pepped up again and quite heavy now, altbeit small flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Not looking forward to driving off my estate to go to work at 5.40 am. Only down side to a surprisingly high snow level.

Posted

Pretty much stopping here now, but dark clouds...which either means heavier snow or rain. Soon find out. Fingers crossed it doesn't thaw too much. My little brother will be delighted when he wakes up. Been a good night, went for two walks tonight. One when it was heavily snowing millions of tiny flakes and then just as it started to get immensely thick and heavy. It's been an eventful night, and I've enjoyed every second of it. If that's all we get all winter, then I'm happy with it, we've done well here. 5 inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Pretty much stopping here now, but dark clouds...which either means heavier snow or rain. Soon find out. Fingers crossed it doesn't thaw too much. My little brother will be delighted when he wakes up. Been a good night, went for two walks tonight. One when it was heavily snowing millions of tiny flakes and then just as it started to get immensely thick and heavy. It's been an eventful night, and I've enjoyed every second of it. If that's all we get all winter, then I'm happy with it, we've done well here. 5 inches.

Double what I've had!

Posted

Snow quite heavy now, but can see the end on the radar when the 850 air temp is rising, and will probably turn this to rain.

Must be 3 inches here now, so can't complain, and very happy so far.

Posted
i'm in NN2 and the snow is okay. not megatons of the stuff but a good inch or 2. you must be having the same surely? it eased off an hour ago but has pepped up again and quite heavy now, altbeit small flakes.
But compared to other regions in the Mids we have come bottom of the table again...yet the models showed us in the East to come out on top. sorry , we have come out once again poor. Not complaining, we have snow cover but the models just show to me they are not worth a toss. Edited by lancs_northants