Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

We have sleet now in Bewdley. Fairly wet sleet, at that. Quite light, and it's not making a noticeable impression on the snow, but it's certainly sleet and not snow any more. I think this is the end of what has been, as Gord pointed out, a better single day than all of 2011 put together!

Final depth 8 cm. For Bewdley, that's decent -- the same as Feb 2007.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

NOOOO! It's raining :'(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

And heres the change...

sleet here now.

-0.8c DP here so still pure snow here. This is what I mentioned yesterday I think it was about Elevation probably giving extra here. Still theres not much ppn left now so any rain will do very little damage.

Posted

-0.8c DP here so still pure snow here. This is what I mentioned yesterday I think it was about Elevation probably giving extra here. Still theres not much ppn left now so any rain will do very little damage.

Exactly...so no complaints from me!

Now lets get those skies clear!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Blimey :) It's been a good night.

Yep, not too bad at all, more than i expected tbh.

Funny thing is, for the vast majority of the day the snow was never really that heavy, just moderate intensity with fine flakes, but it has been on and off since 1pm so obviously built up over the hours. God only knows how deep it would be if it had been large flakes and heavy intensity all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Its sleety light rain here now. Only very light and looks like stopping - need the temps to drop again and PPN to stay away now. Rather frustratingly my sky satelite has completely conked on me and wont let me watch tv. I think we can safely say, that snow events coming in 5 year periods, feb 2007 - feb 2012. Enjoy the snow tonight then as its another 4 years and 11 months until we get anything like this haha.

Posted

Temperatures will be well above freezing tomorrow so a substantial thaw in the next 24 hours is inevitable, but I just want to see the full snowcover in daylight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

snowier heavier in northampton now. snowing since 4.30pm and heaviest is has been, About good 5 cm at mo. going out for my 4th walk in a minute.lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its actually turned to sleet here too now. However surely this is just going to freeze and create ice on a frozen ground???

Posted

Temperatures will be well above freezing tomorrow so a substantial thaw in the next 24 hours is inevitable, but I just want to see the full snowcover in daylight.

2c is not well above freezing?

Posted

Indeed but we've known that all along anyway so no nasty surprises. Hopefully clearance will be swift so we can see the snow cover first thing.

By this time tomorrow things will be looking normal again....but never mind, it has been great. And chances of more through February maybe!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Posted

eased off here too, still snowing but coming to an end now. just been out and measured 10 cm. about the same as i got in dec 2010. hopefully get a reload next week??

Posted

December 18th 2010 still gave more than today but this is one of the best events for some years anyway. Really good day. :D

Posted

2c is not well above freezing?

No...but 4-6c is and that's the predicted maximum for the Midlands.

Posted

Some good news for you folks...the satellite shows that clear skies are coming in quite quickly from the north west. Should be here quite quick.

Posted

When was the last time that the Midlands had such a decent snow event?

We had a gargantuan amount here in December 2010, about a week before Christmas. But I think that was a very localised event, I recall Rugby a few miles away reporting next to nothing the same day.

Feb 2007 for the region as a whole I should think?

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan