Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Around 3 inches out there now - can't see the difference between the curbs and the roads. Shame its going to end in the next 30 minutes or so. Am i write in saying we have another shot midweek? NIck I take it thats the channel low that moved up one midweek morning and blasted most of the country with about 15cm's?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just about come to a stop here now....just a bit of sleety/drizzly stuff.......now to keep the temps down overnight to avoid a thaw

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Must be warming up here because all the snow just slid off my husband's car windows!

Posted

Yep sleety drizzly bits here now - hope the front clears and the cloud gets out of the way ASAP. Would love this to freeze - just to see the look on the councils face in the morning after yet another failure on their behalf!

Posted

Do you understand what grit.salt is?

It's not a magic powder that can be spread over all roads in minutes and prevents snow and ice from forming ...... :rolleyes:

Well i'm sorry Essan, what is salt really used for then, I don't really understand ? Care to explain why it can't be applyed straight away on road surfaces? Maybe they shouldn't bother. Maybe a snow plough would be more efficient?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Reckon we've got about 3 inches here and looking at the radar, there should be another hour or so of heavier stuff. Great stuff, deepest I've known it here for a good few years :-)

Posted

After period of icy rain and it looking like it was all over we have proper snow again here! :)) Nothing heavy but steadily falling and great to see after it went a bit marginal an hour ago!

Posted

Intense bursts of snow here now,the cars have all gone from the roads and the wind is howling.

The snow must be at around 8cm now, i'll measure in half an hour.

Posted

Looking very good here now 5cms, although guessing depth far from easy snows definately drifted a fair amount, can see it built up in some places and alot less in others. Out in the sticks could be some impressive drifts. Id guess at 2 more hours hopefully of pure snow which would get us to around the 10cm mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah cleared now, still holding at -0.6C, hope not too much of a rise, due to turn misty later, dont think skies will clear

Posted

My days snow has got alot heavier in coventry!! Best snow event for a very long time!!

Yes, it has, and it may even get heavier from what can be seen on the radar. I would say it's gone up to 6cm on some parts of the road now, another couple of hours and we could be looking at around 10cm which would be the most we have got in Coventry for as long as I can remember.

Posted

Well, 10cm in Sutton Coldfield and still hammering it down, I reckon we have another hour of snow before the front shifts the the south east but with hope no rain at all judging by the rainfall radar... Very pleased and despite all the nay sayers on Birmingham's prospects, I reckon we will probably do amongst the best from this, especially as all the intense ppn seems to be holding back in our neck of the woods :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Pretty much finished now. But rain? What rain! :D

Yep sleety drizzly bits here now - hope the front clears and the cloud gets out of the way ASAP. Would love this to freeze - just to see the look on the councils face in the morning after yet another failure on their behalf!

Have they not bothered to grit in Rugeley either? It's a disgrace.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Without a doubt one of the best snow events since Feb 2007. Flakes here are huge, could very well end up with about 6 inches by the end of the night.

Yup it`s a good un Nick-you are upstream from me so i am expecting some more too-have about 7cm now-building quickly. :)

Posted

Finished up with arond 3 inches - 11cm here. Best event since Feb 2007! Now that we're finished and forgotten with this one (Well East staffs westward) are we going to focus in on the models of today which looked fairly good? Discussion of a battleground event midweek? Aj? Blizzards? Snow norfolk and chance? etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Yes, it has, and it may even get heavier from what can be seen on the radar. I would say it's gone up to 6cm on some parts of the road now, another couple of hours and we could be looking at around 10cm which would be the most we have got in Coventry for as long as I can remember.

Hi fourseasons would you mind putting your area or postcode in your profile. Helps members a lot. Manythanks.

SL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's been raining all afternoon Nick, you know that white flakey looking rain... :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still snowing here, rather to my surprise! 7-8 cm on grass, car roofs etc. Temp +0.3 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snow slowing to bits and pieces now!